PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feel Like Barfing ..........

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ArodHighFive.gif

Speaking of just another roadside attraction.. what a tool.

what a disgrace. Such a wonderful player when he was younger with the Mariners...and he did not need roids/PEDs. What an absolute tool he has turned out to be. I feel embarassed for him...he is a cartoon of himself

im glad hes playing so the Yankees are on the hook for his humongous contract. I hope the arbitrator shaves his suspension down to. the more the Yankees have to pay him the better.

im glad hes playing so the Yankees are on the hook for his humongous contract. I hope the arbitrator shaves his suspension down to. the more the Yankees have to pay him the better.

There's no salary cap...

There's no salary cap...

so theres no cap. it doesn't mean the Yankees don't want out of that ridiculous contract they signed arod to. they owe him a boatload of money and it has affected their spending.

so theres no cap. it doesn't mean the Yankees don't want out of that ridiculous contract they signed arod to. they owe him a boatload of money and it has affected their spending.

Yeah, they'll want out. But the Steinbrenners have shown that throwing around money at players like a drunken sailor has never been an issue. I don't think having to honor his contract while he's playing will affect their spending in the offseason.

Yeah, they'll want out. But the Steinbrenners have shown that throwing around money at players like a drunken sailor has never been an issue. I don't think having to honor his contract while he's playing will affect their spending in the offseason.

its common knowledge that it already has. all you have to do is look at their last 2 off seasons. the coach of the orioles buck showalter said recently if the Yankees get out of the arod contract they will be able to spend again[meaning they aren't spending] and sign the current oriole catcher matt wieters when he becomes a free agent. even the yankees have a limit and they have reached it.

It might. Even the almighty Yankees have a maximum aount of money they can spend, and the luxury tax is cumulative so getting out of A-Rod's contract in 2014 will save them a lot more than the roughly $20 million that would go to him. It could reset the luxury tax for them and pay long term dividends.

Bottom line is this: Suspending A-Rod benefits the Yankees very much and make no mistake about it, those 2 parties despise each other. I honestly cannot think of an example of a team wanting one of their own players to be suspended so badly.

It might. Even the almighty Yankees have a maximum aount of money they can spend, and the luxury tax is cumulative so getting out of A-Rod's contract in 2014 will save them a lot more than the roughly $20 million that would go to him. It could reset the luxury tax for them and pay long term dividends.

Bottom line is this: Suspending A-Rod benefits the Yankees very much and make no mistake about it, those 2 parties despise each other. I honestly cannot think of an example of a team wanting one of their own players to be suspended so badly.

The Aroid suspension would only benefit the Stanks if he was suspended for life. We will see what happens with this silly union nonsense those damn unions screwing things up all the time. I don't understand how classy players who have never used like Albert Pujols, David Ortiz could even stand to be on the same field as Aroid the roiding Fraud roirder.

The Aroid suspension would only benefit the Stanks if he was suspended for life.
That's not necessarily true. The Yankees really want to get under the Luxury Tax threshold for 2014 so they can "reset" back to Year 1 in 2015. (The more consecutive years you cross the threshold, the higher your penalty is, so coming under the threshold every couple of years is very important). So that's a pretty big chunk of change they will save if they don't have to pay A-Rod. I actually hope he doesn't get suspended at all since every game he misses helps the Yankees.
We will see what happens with this silly union nonsense those damn unions screwing things up all the time. I don't understand how classy players who have never used like Albert Pujols, David Ortiz could even stand to be on the same field as Aroid the roiding Fraud roirder.
Hmmmmmmmmmm...... are you sure you think Ortiz belongs on the "players who have never used" list?

That's not necessarily true. The Yankees really want to get under the Luxury Tax threshold for 2014 so they can "reset" back to Year 1 in 2015. (The more consecutive years you cross the threshold, the higher your penalty is, so coming under the threshold every couple of years is very important). So that's a pretty big chunk of change they will save if they don't have to pay A-Rod. I actually hope he doesn't get suspended at all since every game he misses helps the Yankees.Hmmmmmmmmmm...... are you sure you think Ortiz belongs on the "players who have never used" list?

David Ortiz has never used steroids unlike Aroid.

Not just for being with the Yankees. But also had he not gone to doping and roids, who knows how his career would had turned out without them!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back