PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feature suggestion

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Ian,
I frequent a boating forum, thehulltruth.com, which appears to use the same underlying software platform as Patsfans. In their forums, scrolling down a thread will automatically span pages, so that you don't have to press the Next page button at the end of every page. Would be a nice addition if feasible.

Reactions: Ian
I'll take a look. That forum uses an old version of vbulletin, which they've set up an infinite scroll function that's interesting. I've done that before for some other projects but I'll have to see how feasible it would be here due to how it functions, etc. I'll see what I can do ;)

I'll take a look. That forum uses an old version of vbulletin, which they've set up an infinite scroll function that's interesting. I've done that before for some other projects but I'll have to see how feasible it would be here due to how it functions, etc. I'll see what I can do ;)
Ian, is there something I'm missing with alerts that would allow the user to clear them from coming up when the bell is clicked on?

Reactions: Ian
Ian, is there something I'm missing with alerts that would allow the user to clear them from coming up when the bell is clicked on?
Yes, you have to manually click any with a blue dot to clear them after the bell is pressed:

They did that to allow people to keep "unread" alerts and it's obviously come up a few times in the help forum, but that's what's going on there.

Yes, you have to manually click any with a blue dot to clear them after the bell is pressed:

They did that to allow people to keep "unread" alerts and it's obviously come up a few times in the help forum, but that's what's going on there.

Thanks for the response. In looking over my question, I see that I didn't explain myself nearly well enough, so it's entirely my fault that your answer doesn't directly address my (in my head) question, and only answered my horribly worded "out loud" question.

What I meant was that all the read alerts continue to come up when I click on the bell, and there's no way to stop them from doing that. I was curious as to whether there was a way available to change that so that you're not still looking at the long list of alerts when you just want to read the new ones. It's not a big thing, and I wasn't going to bring it up, but I figure that anytime I have a "what if" moment, it's likely that someone else has had that same moment.

For example, having read "Ian quoted...." for this post, it'll still be there the next time I pull up alerts, even though it's been read. So, the question I was so terribly trying to ask was whether or not there is a way to keep those read alerts from popping up the next time a person clicks on the bell. Again, it's not a big thing. It's just something that I thought about this morning as I was scrolling down through a bunch of new alerts from last night and having to count down the new alerts in order to get to the oldest new one.

Thanks for the response. In looking over my question, I see that I didn't explain myself nearly well enough, so it's entirely my fault that your answer doesn't directly address my (in my head) question, and only answered my horribly worded "out loud" question.

What I meant was that all the read alerts continue to come up when I click on the bell, and there's no way to stop them from doing that. I was curious as to whether there was a way available to change that so that you're not still looking at the long list of alerts when you just want to read the new ones. It's not a big thing, and I wasn't going to bring it up, but I figure that anytime I have a "what if" moment, it's likely that someone else has had that same moment.

For example, having read "Ian quoted...." for this post, it'll still be there the next time I pull up alerts, even though it's been read. So, the question I was so terribly trying to ask was whether or not there is a way to keep those read alerts from popping up the next time a person clicks on the bell. Again, it's not a big thing. It's just something that I thought about this morning as I was scrolling down through a bunch of new alerts from last night and having to count down the new alerts in order to get to the oldest new one.
Ah...that’s a good question. I’m actually not sure about that but I’ll look into it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back