SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Favorite Television Series You are Watching (looking for recommendations)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ice_Ice_Brady, Jan 16, 2020.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54,747
    I loved the wry smile from Logan too when they panned back to him. Question is, was that a “game on” smile or a smile knowing that he finally has what he considers a true successor?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +35,764
    The only way you'd possibly get into it is watching from the very start where the premise is established. Pretty much any involved series will look "meh" in bits and pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +54,747
    I had actually thought it looked like a decent watch... before that scene. The only other thing that I can complain about is the fact that, whenever it’s on, he always seems to save her just in time. Last second. But if there is some sort of otherworldly explanation for it, I’ll at least entertain it. I’m assuming there is, given the premise.

4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,259
    I thought true successor, it was a look of pride, but I’d expect Game On anyway.

Thought it was a great buildup showing why Siobhan was brilliant but couldn’t muster the dog eat dog instinct needed. She had chances to pounce but wouldn’t go for the jugular.

I would like to bang Siobhan (Sarah Snook.) Something about her is ridiculously hot. Top of celebrity bangable list for me right now.

Emmy Awards acting nominees should just consist of Better Call Saul and Succession. Somehow Kit Harrington (lol) gets nominated but Jeremy Strong (who is way more impressive as Kendall than Kieran Culkin as Roman, though both are great), Snook, and Alan Ruck as Connor get snubbed. Better Call Saul snubs just as bad with Rhea Seehorn the best actress by a mile. Michael McKean best supporting actor. Emmys are a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +35,764
    Time travel. The plot twists are no more implausible than a lot of other series out there, but you need to keep in mind that Outlander at its core is female-centric/romance oriented. The first three seasons are great storytelling and overall I think the acting is exceptional.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,898
    Time travel is like the Long Island Rail Road.

7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,259
    After 3 episodes of Stephen King’s HBO miniseries, The Outsider, I’d recommend it. I can’t binge it because they release an episode every week (what?!) but am intrigued so far. True Detective meets typical Stephen King stuff, which usually has undertones of supernatural forces but doesn’t go over the top. Many of his stories include some type of possession, people being overtaken by dark forces (think The Shining, Carrie, pretty much every SK book has some elements of it.)

Edit: Just watched Episode 4. Keeps getting better. Considering it’s SK, would be surprised if the ending sucks, since none of his endings suck.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  8. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,353
    Just finished Pine Gap on Netflix, which surprised me and I recommend. One season, 6 episodes, one plot line, so it's really a four hour movie.

Watched the last season of Mrs. Maisel with my wife over the past few weeks. It was losing me, but the last four episodes were some of the best writing and producing I've seen in a long time. Just completely reversed my feelings about it. I'm now looking forward to season four.

Also a plug for Broken on Netflix, specifically episode 4, Recycling Sham. I've been the chief strategist for one of the lead scientists for about a decade and this is a good summary of some of that work. Please watch!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  9. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,898
    Just finished Season 2 of the Kominsky Method on Netflix. Hilarious show. The bit with the song, Aqualung, and getting lung cancer is just too much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. patriot1136

patriot1136 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,608
    If any of you have Hulu, check out The Path. It is 3 seasons, with around 10 episodes per season. It is really good. Stars Aaron Paul, who I think is a phenomenal actor.

11. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +35,764
    Any fans of Curb Your Enthusiasm here (HBO)? I think it's hilarious. The new season just started.

I also have been going through the three seasons of Ash vs. Evil Dead via Starz On Demand. Another laugh aloud gem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,353
    I like Curb Your because it helps me feel better about the level of my own neuroticism. Suddenly, I'm relatively healthy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +35,764
    In the newest episode Larry's ex-wife says something similar -- being around him makes her feel good because she knows at the very least she's the better person. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Jack Ryan S2 was good
    Last Kingdom S1-3 was really good. It is GoT lite and takes place before England was England
    El Camino was good
    Just finished Shameless season ???

I hate when i have to wait for another season of something...like Ozark. 1st world problems I suppose

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,863
    What we do in the shadows - Great so far but be forewarned it's just like the movie with different characters. Love that Nate from The Office is an 'emotional vampire'.

Chernobyl - I knew this was going to be good but I just kept putting off watching it. Gut wrenching.

Star Wars Clone Wars - Slogging through while playing video games. It's still just ok. I wonder if someone has made supercuts of shows like this or at the very least a condensed playlist because you're basically slogging through 20 episodes to get to a really fun 3 episode arc like Savage Oppress and the Nightsisters and then it's back to boring crap about which I can't be bothered to care.

The Witcher - Good enough to be worth the watch but not like, life-changing. Episode 7 tied everything together in a really nice way that helped a lot. It's definitely a show that doesn't hold your hands in a way I don't want to say for fear of spoiling something mildly unique about the show.

Dracula - Partway through EP2, not sure about it. It's reminding me all of the silly crap that I watched Sherlock in spite of.

16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,259
    Nate from the Office “halving toilet paper” with some ridiculous device to save costs for Dwight is one if the funniest scenes ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +54,747
    Your take on The Witcher makes me want to watch it again. I put it off because the reviews weren’t great and I was already on the fence because it looked kind of ridiculous anyway. But I trust your judgement enough to give it a watch now. Just know that if I don’t like it, I will find you and kill you.

18. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +9,120
    That was a great bit, he said he felt the same way about being around animals.

RE-PLY!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. oceansizer

oceansizer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,230
    The Witcher is based on 7 toms of the book by Sapkowski. "Sword of destiny" and "The Last wish" are a set of stories about the witcher and other characters. First season does not even touch the main story because it is connected with some lux stories. Let's say It is an introduction to the appropriate story that is why first impression of the Netflix production seems to be a bit blurred.

20. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,863
    It was a chore at times but something changed that I liked in EP7 but it's more structural. It's hard to explain.

It's closer to Xena Princess Warrior than Game of Thrones. It's better than the last couple of seasons of GoT though!

• Useful Useful x 1