SOURCE:USA TODAY

SOURCE:TheAthletic

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Favorite Television Series You are Watching (looking for recommendations)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ice_Ice_Brady, Jan 16, 2020.

1. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Power, they're wrapping up season 6 and it's the last season, great show, Wiggy loves it too.

2. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,725
    Dracula - Kind of hokey. Dunno if I'd recommend it.

The Witcher - More like Xena than GoT but that's probably a good thing.

King of the Hill - Surprised by how much I like this. Took a hot minute to really catch on but the episode where Hank and Peggy are convinced that Bobby has a sexual fetish for plastic girl heads made me a fan.

Star Wars - The Clone Wars - 90% tween crap. 10% awesome. Wouldn't recommend it if you aren't a hardcore Star Wars fan but the stuff with Savage Oppress I found fun enough to keep watching.

Avatar - The Last Airbender - 70% tween crap. 20% good. 10% awesome. Only watching it because someone kept hounding me to watch it. It's better than I'd expect from Nickelodeon, I'll say that much.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,658
    Just started M. Night Shamalan’s The Servant on Apple Plus TV.

I’ve always liked Shamalan’s directing style but felt he has weak stories/endings. Looks like he’s being sued for ripping off this story, so maybe it will be good.

Seems pretty cool after three episodes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,725
    M. Night gets a lot of crap deservedly and some undeservedly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,658
    Signs was one of the most comically bad movies you’ll see. The Village was a waste of 120 minutes too.

I guess everyone hangs their hat on The Sixth Sense, but I picked up on the “plot twist” after like three minutes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +33,725
    Signs was perfectly fine for what it set out to be - a movie about faith. It works even better if you go with the fantheory that they weren't aliens they were demons. It's a bad alien invasion movie.

The Village would have been better without both twists. But it wasn't a horror movie and got billed as "from the master of horror M. Night". He hasn't created a horror movie ever but if any of his movies were horror movies it was the elevator one not Sixth Sense.

Congrats on being a big brain on Sixth Sense, btw, my peepee is too small for me to have figured out it until the reveal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. supafly

supafly Suddenly sad and Brady-less PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,135
    I’ve always felt that “The Village” was better than people remember. It wasn’t good, but I didn’t think that it was bad, either. Same with Signs. Actually, I didn’t have a problem with M.Night until after that period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. supafly

supafly Suddenly sad and Brady-less PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,135
    Keep us posted with your thoughts on the finished product.

9. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +33,725
    Lady in the Water and The Happening is when he just freaking lost me. I didn't enjoy him again until Split.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,658
    It was during a period where plot twists were really popular, like Fight Club, Primal Fear, and I think I was even told by someone there’s a huge plot twist. So my radar was up for it. And then if you are already looking for it and you watch the movie’s first few scenes (especially the juxtaposition between the first and second scene) it is pretty easy to guess. I probably wouldn’t have figured it out without a tip though. I don’t think my pepee size has much to do with it, but next time I’m at a theater I’ll make sure to take it out, stand in the hall with it in my hand, and ask every male if he’d like to compare and then make a note of his understanding of the movie we both watched. I'll make a chart of the results.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. captain insano

captain insano Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,353
    Unbreakable is my fav m night movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. venecol

venecol The FRG has a little **** PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,212
    If you don't like unrealistic, don't watch Jack Ryan 2, completely unrealistic. Had promise with Venezuela in the news, but it just wasn't credible. More like Rambo goes to So. America

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,658
    It depends on the type of show. Ray Donovan started out as somewhat realistic and then got a little more ridiculous with each season, like a lot of shows. Specifically, my problem is the cheesy “Entourage” format whereby there are like five main characters and all of them wind up overcoming the odds and winning at the end of each season. I get that the main hero often needs to be the victor, but then a bunch of other main characters also overcome unlikely scenarios and defy death, etc.

Maybe I’m just spoiled from watching some great shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, where you really don’t know who will make it to the last episode, and oft times main characters experience failure or major tragedy at the the end of an arc. Also true of GoT seasons 1-4 and then it changed so everyone’s favorite character/actor could get a trophy.

I don’t mind some shows if I know right from the start that it’s going to bend reality for entertainment purposes. I liked some seasons of 24 and Homeland, even knowing they weren’t realistic. Is Jack Ryan in that category? Or just absolutely stupid unrealistic?

14. venecol

venecol The FRG has a little **** PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,212
    Problem with this one is their attempt to make the premise credible with the main country being in the news, but it devolves into a caricature of reality. It's more of a rah rah series, but even under that lens, the ending is unsatisfying. I was thoroughly dissapointed and I liked the first one, and I'm a fan of the Clancy movies.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,658
    Well folks, I fell for the M. Night trick again. Just finished Servant on AppleTV. Everything I’ve liked and disliked about his movies is the exact same as on tv. I was hoping that the final episode would just leave me hanging with a lot of mystery for S2, but of course he goes with the desperate plot twist that ruins the story. Such a great director...perfectly done with the filming, music, acting, and suspense building. The last 5% of the script is a stupid plot twist that cheapens everything it built up. I guess after The Sixth Sense he is obsessed with surprising the audience no matter how pointless it is.

• Sad Sad x 1
  16. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +33,725
    Without exaggeration I'm pretty sure this is somewhere between my 20 and 30th time rewatching Deadwood.

It's just. So. Good.

17. KontradictioN

KontradictioN PatsFans.com #1 Arguer PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57,227
    My wife watches that. Any chance of me watching it ended when they survived a hurricane at sea on a capsized boat AND HE SWAM INTO THE WATER AND FOUND HER. IN THE MIDDLE OF A HURRICANE. I sincerely hope there is some sort of otherworldly explanation for that. But that about did it for me.

@Ice_Ice_Brady glad you liked Succession. That’s my favorite show on TV right now. How about the end of that last season? Kendall is the only “true” killer in the family.

• Love Love x 1
  18. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,658
    I never saw it coming. It was a great finale.

Re: your Outlander synopsis, sounds almost as preposterous as GoT S8 when Jamie Lannister swims ashore to where Euron Greyjoy happens to be standing, followed by the most comical sword fight ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +36,457
    You cynically dismiss the power of love. :cool:

If you were smart you'd watch it along with your wife, your arm around her on the couch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN PatsFans.com #1 Arguer PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57,227
    She started watching one day when she was at home and I just never caught up. I’ve caught episodes/scenes from time to time when I’ve been sitting there working on my laptop for my job but that’s about it. So I’ve seen that scene along with apparently every other scene where the British bad guy has his dick hanging out.