PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Patriots team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favorite Patriot Team?

I'll go with the 2003 Patriots. Many of the most memorable plays and games of the last decade for the Pats were during that season. Lawyer Miloy helping the Bills to a shutout days after being cut and the teams response a week later versus the Eagles. Law's int off McNair seal a win. The intentional safety game. Shutting out Parcells at home. Willie's stonewall of Edge James. "Settling the Score" against the Bills to end the year. Great memories from that team.

Such a hard, hard question to answer. Certainly have a deep fondness for the 07, 03, 04 teams...even the 06 team too.

For me, it's a tie b/t/w the 2001 team and 1985 team

Both teams captured the imagination. 1985 could have certainly ended better, but beating the Jets, Raiders and Dolphins on the road was such a great ride...

2001 speaks for itself...

My favorite teams include the 1976 team, the 1985 team, the 2001 team and the 2004 team.

'70: pity and sad that the 1976/1978 New England Patriots teams were not able to reach and eventually win the Super Bowl: i would have loved it

'80: 1985 was a good team

'90: 1996 too

new century: 2001 was simply great, the greatest probably

Last edited:

I love the 2010 - 1011 Super Bowl Champions. I'll always remember that tackle by McKenzie at the goal line, and of course the game winning catch by Tate. :)

I saw the title and 76 popped in my head first. Looking back at that team I would match them up against any Pats team. Grogan was one of the toughest QB ever. The Oline couldn't be beat. Remember Dr Bill starting center and working off season as a dentist.

Mine too...

...What I meant to say is, the next one - to win a SB.

As far as past teams are concerned, I was too young to appreciate the Mike Holovak Pats of the 60s. The Ground Chuck II teams from '74-'80 (esp. '76-78) were one of the very best in football; if the crooked zebras weren't scared of the Black Hole, the '76 NEP would've likely been SB champs. And if Fairbanks hadn't prematurely announced his defection, the '78 team would've likely gone to the AFCC, at least.

1776, not a big fan of the uniforms though.

I liked the 2004 Corey Dillon powered team the best personally.

However, I have a huge soft spot for the 1988 team and what could have been. They ran the ball more than anyone in the league and had the #5 defense (two things I love). If not for a bad kicker (cost both games to Buffalo) and not committing to Doug Flutie and not looking back that team would have been 12-4 instead of 9-7. Even so, they started 2-4 and got to 9-6 before falling to Denver in their win and in bid for the playoffs. The 1988 team could have been very similiar to the 2001 team. If only they had started Flutie and made Grogan the back up from the beginning (and traded Eason for a kicker??? :rolleyes: )

I liked the '76 players better......I liked the coach better......I liked the fans better

the fans were mostly drunken slobs, but at least they knew how to treat kids better

and I don't care how many SB's, I'll take grogan over brady anyday....brady is a little princess next to grogan

Most players today are "little princesses" compared to players back then. Why the bad mood, tanked? The wife make you sleep out in the garage again?

My favorite teams include the 1976 team, the 1985 team, the 2001 team and the 2004 team.

1) 2001. This team showed heart and desire and won the SB against all odds.
2) 1976. Hannah, Grogs, Lenkaitis, et al. Tough, TOUGH! sob's.
3) 2004. Maybe the best team ever.
4) 2007. If only...

2007 hands down.

Too bad they did not finish.

Tyree had Super Glue on his helmet.

Divine Intervention
....... that is the only reason why we lost.

God hates BB.... he built him up and crushed him in the end.

3 out of 4 --I'll take it.

:):):)

Favorite is easily 2001. There was nothing like that feeling of that unexpected run and true team spirit. :D

Bolting out of the house with my buddies running around with patriots jerseys, everyone honking like maniacs. Greatest... Season... Ever.

Antowain's high stepping... Brady's hands on his head in disbelief. Brady slapping Bledsoe's shoulders "we did it... we f'ing did it!". The parade, not just a pass-by, but actually stopping in government center and celebrating on stage. The first SB victory, the underdog, the good guys. We DID IT!

Last edited:

Favorite is easily 2001. There was nothing like that feeling of that unexpected run and true team spirit. :D

Bolting out of the house with my buddies running around with patriots jerseys, everyone honking like maniacs. Greatest... Season... Ever.

Antowain's high stepping... Brady's hands on his head in disbelief. Brady slapping Bledsoe's shoulders "we did it... we f'ing did it!". The parade, not just a pass-by, but actually stopping in government center and celebrating on stage. The first SB victory, the underdog, the good guys. We DID IT!

I love the image you created...!!

A Couple Super Bowl's later and we become infamous.

-The price of winning-

03...That team was magical.

2004. During the playoffs they held one of the best offenses in league history to 3 points, and put up 41 points on the best defense in the league. Then they go on to win a superbowl and become a dynasty.

It's 2003 for me. I loved their defense as it was almost impossible to throw on them during the regular season. In fact, it seemed like whenever the Pats got opponents into 3rd downs, it would either be picked off or it would become 4th down. This defense flat out got off the field in a hurry. Oh yeah, and the McGinest stuffing of James on 4th down was classic!

2001 team - Not really all that talented but boy,did they have the fire and desire

Something we haven't seen consistently in a few years

How can it not be 2001?

A team of underdogs led by a backup drafted in the 6th round pulls together as a team and plays beyond the sum total of their parts... the story culminates when the longshot Patriots shock the world becoming Champs in the Super Bowl - the first in their history - following 9/11 on a last ditch miracle drive.

What tops that????

the 2010 Patriots can't live in the past, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for the team to watch those games a few times.

Last edited:
'01
Then '03 and '04 so close behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes