PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Patriots team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favorite Patriot Team?

It would have been 2007 if they could have finished the job. I'll have to go with '04 for now though.

2001. Nothing can ever match the excitement, joy, nerves, and passion of the first SB. I was only 9 years old, but the way Brady went from a nobody to driving them into FG range in the dying seconds and Belichick running down the sideline as the kick was in the air is something I will always remember. It still gives me the chills thinking about it.

2007 is a close second but it still haunts me thinking about the what-could-have-been. That final game ruined all of the great things that happened that season.

1976 was a bit before the time when I became a patriot fan.

Team? 2007 was the most beautifully played offense I have ever seen.

Season? 2004

1998. and 2001

2007. Week 1 until the final minute of SB42 was one of the best times I've ever had as a sports fan. If only things had ended differently. :(

Special runner up for 2008. That team showed alot of heart.

76, mine also

'76 is a great memory, but have to go with the '01 team..

I liked the '76 players better......I liked the coach better......I liked the fans better

the fans were mostly drunken slobs, but at least they knew how to treat kids better

and I don't care how many SB's, I'll take grogan over brady anyday....brady is a little princess next to grogan

Last edited:

I liked the '76 players better......I liked the coach better......I liked the fans better

the fans were mostly drunken slobs, but at least they knew how to treat kids better

and I don't care how many SB's, I'll take grogan over brady anyday....brady is a little princess next to grogan

Interesting..what were your thoughts on Bledsoe? I don't think I've ever heard any Pats fan refer to Brady as a princess lol.

2001 Patriots. There is no time like the first time and having waited so long to be "OnTop of The Mountain" nothing will ever come close. This Team gave Us everything that they had and then some. Simply Magical.

2007. Week 1 until the final minute of SB42 was one of the best times I've ever had as a sports fan. If only things had ended differently. :(

To be honest, that entire season was too stressful to be a Pats fan. Between the weekly stress of winning, and sh*tgate, 2007 might be my least favorite season.

I'll give you my favorite non-championship winning team (since '01, '03, and '04 have been and will be mentioned plenty of times); the 1996 Pats. They were really fun to watch and their run to the SB (despite losing) was awesome for me as a young Pats fan. I loved watching guys like Bledsoe, Martin, Coates, Glenn, Jefferson, Gash, Meggett, Byars, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Slade, etc. A lot of the guys from that team are still some of my all time favorite Pats.

Nothing compares with the 2001 team due to the fact that they won they whole thing for the first time with a virtual cost of nobody's (at that time).

However, the 2004 team is my favorite team because they were the whole package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down