SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Favorite Albums

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Pats Fanatic, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +673
    In the next few weeks I will be putting on my favorite music album s. Last week I had a bad accident a home. I live near Farmington ME and was horoscopes to Portland to save my life witch they did. I am now at a Medical Center in Augusta with a broken neck. I will be here for a few more weeks.
    I just say that something like you this I realize what a great wife and son I have. They are the greatest.

For my first two I will go with.

10.King Crimson Red

This group is bad to say just one albums but for me Red I like a little better then Larks and In court of. I will change my pick at ally mount because they are all great for me.

9.The Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits 74 to 78.

This was The first rock album that I ever bought. It's still great.

I will list more later. Hopefully people will write what they love.

• Like Like x 1

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Rock/Alternative: Radiohead - OK Computer and The Bends; Nirvana - Nevermind.

Rap: The Notorious BIG - Read to Die; 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'; Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint; NWA - Straight Outta Compton; Dr. Dre - The Chronic 2001.

Metal: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Master of Puppets.

EDM/Techno: Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, Recess, and Bangarang; Kaskade - Fire and Ice; Daft Punk - Random Access Memories.

I'm sure there are many more that I forgot, but those are the ones that stood out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Pats Fanatic, I wish you well in your recovery. I didn’t list any “Best Of’s” in my top 10 as they aren’t proper individual albums.

1. U2-Achtung Baby: a remarkable album and probably the most cohesive album I own. It just flows brilliantly. Not just a collection of songs but a true album. Edge with his best collection of riffs (the Fly, Acrobat, Until the End of the World) and Bono at his lyrical peak (One, So Cruel, Love is Blindness).

2. Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti: a powerhouse of a double album. Zeppelin takes the listener on a ride through various types of music. The funk on Trampled Underfoot, the beauty of Down By The Seaside, the desert landscape of Kashmir, the emotion of Ten Years Gone.

3. Bruce Springsteen-Darkness on the Edge Of Town: Springsteen famously wrote about 4 albums worth of material for Darkness and left all the commercial sounding songs off the record (which were released 30 years in a box set). Written at a time when Bruce was suing his manager and legally couldn’t record until the lawsuit was done, this album is a lot bleaker then it’s predicessor, Born to Run, but it is a great collection of songs.

4. The Rolling Stones-Sticky Fingers: the Stones at their grungy, sleazy best. This album personifies sex, drugs, and rock n roll. What other band could get a number 1 hit (Brown Sugar) that is a dual meaning of doing heroin and screwing black slave girls.

5. Led Zeppelin 4: simply the best collection of individual songs on any album ever made.

6. U2-The Joshua Tree: Like Led Zep 4 and unbelievable collection of great songs. Where the Streets Have No Name/I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/With or Without You may be the best 3 opening song sequence in history.

7. The Who-Who’s Next: Rock anthems at their best. Won’t Get Fooled Again and the best fist pumping song ever, Baba O’Riley.

8. Iron Maiden-The Number of the Beast: Metals finest album and best song, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

9. Pearl Jam-Ten: Maybe the best debut album ever. Black is one of the best songs of the 90’s.

10. David Bowie-Ziggy Stardust: Bowie’s best and one of the most influential albums in rock history.

Honorable Mention: The Rolling Stones-Exile On Main St, Aerosmith-Rocks, The Doors-The Doors, Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run, The Beatles-Abbey Road, The Who-Quadrophenia

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,303
    Wow. Glad you're still around.

1. AC/DC - Was the first Rock band I got into and TNT was the song that did it. Later it was If you want blood.
    2. Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon/ The Wall? Can't decide.
    3. Hair Bands of the 80's - Motley Crue, Cinderella, Poison. Kick start my heart gets me going.
    4. Megadeth - Peace Sells. Or Metallica Black. I guess symphony of destruction is up there.
    5. The Eagles - The last resort
    6. Cars - Always got lucky when that was on in the background.
    7. Garth Brooks - Friends in Low places. OR Steve Earl Ray - Copperhead road.

Good stuff. Get well Fanatic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    That looks great.
    Radio head I had bought a best of CD in eBay a few days before my accedent. I love playing new music when I am driving. It will take a few weeks before I can drive again because of my broken neck. My son has wall so bought me some newer bands.

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Good luck in your recovery. Those two are the albums I would recommend. Do you have iTunes? You can download directly onto your computer and listen all day. I should also do my favorite rock n roll albums but that takes more thought. This seems like a thread tailor made for @Tunescribe.

7. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    Your right about iTunes and I think I will try it this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    8. Bruce Springsteen Born to Run
    I have friends that think that Bruce is the greatest. I love much of his music and my favorite is Born to Run.

7. The Rolling Stones Exile on Main St.
    Right now this is my favorite with the Stones though I might change my mind a just will be Some Girls or Beggars Banquet.

9. Tony2046

Ratings:
    +29,303
    I never understood the "Bruce is the greatest" stuff, Dead heads or the over fascination with Eric Clapton. "Dude! Clapton is the greatest guitarist who ever lived man" :rolleyes:

The Stones are one of those bands that I know a lot of the words to a few of their hits but never owned any of their albums. haha. They were either always played on the radio, in movies or played in the background at the taverns I'd hang out in. If I'd pick a favorite stone's song it would be either Sympathy for the devil or Paint it Black..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    That is why music is so powerful. I always tell my son that music was more important to my generation then now. More then likely not true but I may say it is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tony2046

Ratings:
    +29,303
    It's all subjective in the end. When I was a kid I downloaded a Tom Petty song onto my blank tape cassette by hitting the record button on my stereo cassette player which I purchased with my potato picking money. To make that tape I had to listen to the radio all day and wait for songs to play that I wanted to record. Most of the songs I had on that tape were either missing the first few seconds or had a DJ talking over it at some point of the song. haha But now it's just a click of a mouse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tony2046

Ratings:
    +29,303
    "Nah Dude it's Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eddie, Van Halen, Chuck Berry, BB King, Randy Rhoads........."

14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    All great, but Hendrix is the GOAT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Tony2046

Ratings:
    +29,303
    He's simply been given the title of GOAT. If I were to pick my favorite guitarist of all time it'd probably be David Gilmour. Picking a GOAT of a subjective art seems a bit impossible to me.

16. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    The thing about Hendrix is he changed the whole landscape on how people played the guitar. He's the Bobby Orr of music. No one played defense like Orr did before he came along and he completely changed the sport.

Hendrix isn't my favorite guitarist, in my mind it's Jimmy Page, but I can't argue anyone naming him the GOAT. He is on the Mt. Rushmore with Elvis, the Beatles, and Dylan as artists who influenced popular music.

17. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    The Stones are one of those bands that have a ton of hits and popular songs but for me it's some of their lessor known songs that are among their best. If you're a fan of rock n roll you gotta get Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St. Exile a few years back was listed by a few of the big mags as the best album ever. Not a ton of hits but its an awesome album. Soaked in drugs and sex, recorded in a basement in the south of France. Sticky Fingers is my favorite Stones album. Check out lessor known stuff like Sway, Bitch, or Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    6. Steely Dan Katy Lied
    I love most all of the Dan albums. Katy is the best for me is because of the song Doctor Wu is one of the best songs ever about drug addiction.

5 . Led Zeppelin In Through The Out Door

IF I was 18 still this would be number 1 or LZ 2 or 4.
    I know most of their fans like other albums more. most
    I love their other albums but for me I love this one more.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  19. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    4. Genesis Selling England By The Pound

I love Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Phil Collins and Steve Hackett.
    Every albums with these five guys were some of the best prog. Rock albums ever.

3. Yes Yessongs

This was Yes live album. If you are fan's of prog. Rock their albums at the time from The Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge, Tropograpgic and Relayer. Great music I love it just as much now was years ago.

20. Pats Fanatic

Ratings:
    +673
    2. The Beatles Abbey Road

I remember buying this for the first time listening to it for the first time. It was magic. I love most all the Beatles albums.

1.Jethro Tull Thick As A Brick

I love Tull and this album so much. It can be funny and serious tone.
    I love the other Full albums like Aqualong, Benefit and Songs From The Woods.

Looking at my list I can believe I didn't include more great stuff.
    Neil Young Live Rust
    Rush About 20 albums
    The Who Whos Next
    David Bowie About 10 albums
    Bob Seger Live Bullet
    Caravan In The Land of Grey and Pink.