SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Explosion at Boston Marathon finish

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Apr 15, 2013.

1. belichick010405

belichick010405 Closed Acccount

Ratings:
    +1
    ---
    Did you guys hear what CBS Boston just reported? They have reported that Suspect #2 was at UMass-Dartmouth's campus this week and following what happened on Monday and was seen by friends.

If that is true, then it is truly unbelievable.

2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,602
    ---
    The reason I mentioned it is because, in the photo that I saw of the two of them, they both still had bags at the finish line, just prior to them placing the one there and leaving.. That's why I brought it up.. It could be that the older one had 2 bags originally. *shrug*

3. dales804

dales804 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,609
    ---
    I was listening to that kid being interviewed on WCVB. From what I heard the student couldn't confirm that he was there but he said he saw him in the gym.

4. PatsFanJess

PatsFanJess 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +61
    ---
    Suspect #2 in custody! Many thanks to the authorities, first responders, and the great people of Boston. Never been so proud to be a Bostonian.

5. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +15,977
    ---
    There is supposedly yet unreleased security camera footage of #2 dropping off bomb #2, and #1 was identified as dropping of bomb #1 two minutes before detonation by the eyewitness Jeff Baumann.

Two bombs, two people, video plus eyewitness evidence.

wrap it up and tie it with a bow

6. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,973
    ---
    Obviously, a lot of thoughts to process, so I'm going to indulge myself with my own idle thoughts here, even if this may not be the appropriate thread/forum to do so.

I have two main takeaways from this week, and since both could be construed as positive reflections, in light of the tragedy of the events, I should start with a disclaimer. I understand the outpouring of relief bordering on euphoria last night because I felt it living in this area - that's fine. But I hope today and going forward the mood turns much more sober. Not only were good lives lost in the most literal sense, but clearly many lives were very directly derailed by the events on Monday and the explosion. And not just physically, anyone who was near that finish line will have tangible emotional/psychological scars. I think we'll be continually reminded of the scope of this event in years to come, and let's just realize that right now.

So, if Boston's celebration of seemingly putting an end to the nightmare has lasted the night and continues, it will certainly be in poor taste.

That said - I hope that anyone living in this area took a moment to reflect on the fear and suffering we faced in the past week and acknowledge that is, sadly, a way of life for many people in the world. And this isn't an America vs. the rest of the world thing. Ignore all the hoo-rah America this, America that stuff you'll hear today. That's a generalization. It just simply comes down to some areas of the world are peaceful and stable, and some are not. Heck, I'm sure there were citizens in pockets of Boston neighborhoods yesterday that have been affected by inner-city drug violence that were completely non-plussed by an armed and dangerous 19-year old being on the loose. So, for those of us that had a front row seat to the events of this week, please once again appreciate the safety and comfort with which you can live your life. I know I am today. It's far too easy to take for granted on a daily basis in this busy world. We are very fortunate to live the way we do.

The second, and bigger point is that once again, as I said up thread - while mankind revealed how twisted it can be this week, it also revealed how truly good it can be.

And in that sense, even as someone who generally despises cliches, I can echo some of those patriotic sentiments you'll be hearing from our leaders in reaction to these events: the terrorists literally cannot win.

There is nothing they can do to justify the existence of their own twisted point of view, and instead, they just continue to undermine it. If terrorists like the Tsarnaev brother hope to try and legitimize their violent and sociopathic ways under the guise of some ideologue, they are fighting a fruitless battle.

If someone sees Americans as so materialistic, shallow, naive, etc. and concludes its way of life is so wrong and poisonous, then I would love to see how that someone reconciles that belief with how such a society can foster the overwhelming amount of goodness we saw on display this past week. To see the way the first responders, the average citizen, the doctors in all the great hospitals in this area, and law enforcement sprang into action this week, it is truly impressive.

I'm not saying it was perfect (the media and internet's witch hunt of basically any male with brown skin near the blast site...), but on the whole, how can you not walk away from this week feeling that the potential for good in mankind in our community/city/state/country/world can outweigh the bad. I can't think of a bigger F-You to terrorists than that.