PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Radio: Brady's right & Polian backpeddling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Listening to ESPN radio on the way to a clients this morning.

Mike Golic said the Brady was right about the lack of respect. He said that the media had the Patriots dead and buried at mid season. Defending Champs should always be respected until they are eliminated, and the Patriots were not being respected.

They also had Bill Polian on. He said that the Colts don't have to make it to the SB or win it to be considered a great team. Sounds as if he's giving himself an out if they don't make it. I thought that they had said that they would accept nothing else but a trip to the SB.:confused:

PATSNUTme said:
They also had Bill Polian on. He said that the Colts don't have to make it to the SB or win it to be considered a great team.
In Polian's mind the Colts have probably been more sucessful than the Patriots the last two years. The Colts need to win it to be considered great - and if they do, it's a great SEASON not a great TEAM. A great team wins multiple times, unless he's undervaluing the definition of great.

no surprise

Polian's so desparate for his colts to be considered great it's pathetic.
He's constantly making a fool of himself trying to hard to effect things so they will be thought of that way. He just comes across as over-anxious and deparate. What he needs to do is just build them into a team that gets it done. You can't talk people into respect. It comes with results.
I think the guy is just a dope and it shows.

SamBam39 said:
I think the guy is just a dope and it shows.
I agree............

Attachments

• polian-smilie.jpg
    polian-smilie.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 25
PATSNUTme said:
Listening to ESPN radio on the way to a clients this morning.

Mike Golic said the Brady was right about the lack of respect. He said that the media had the Patriots dead and buried at mid season. Defending Champs should always be respected until they are eliminated, and the Patriots were not being respected.

They also had Bill Polian on. He said that the Colts don't have to make it to the SB or win it to be considered a great team. Sounds as if he's giving himself an out if they don't make it. I thought that they had said that they would accept nothing else but a trip to the SB.:confused:

Polian will be backpedaling from that backpedaling, or saying it was taken out of context. Who would care about a 14 - 2 season, or whatever, without a SB win, after all the beatings they've taken from the Patriots.

Polian's comments are total bull shtein. The Dolts NEED to win this year if they have any hope of maintaining their (premature) "greatness."

If they don't win the SB this year, they may take over the perceived choke mantle from Buffalo (although I think that making it to 4 SB in a row is pretty impressive).

CTPatsFan said:
Polian's comments are total bull shtein. The Dolts NEED to win this year if they have any hope of maintaining their (premature) "greatness."

If they don't win the SB this year, they may take over the perceived choke mantle from Buffalo (although I think that making it to 4 SB in a row is pretty impressive).
Very impressive.

Last edited:
Golic and Brady are full of shiite.
First off, in the beginning of the season the Pats struggled and had major problems in their secondary, as well as playing good teams. Was everyone just supposed to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that they were playing well even after getting detroyed?
If that is the case, this messageboard was a source of the most egregious disrespect in tearing apart the teams deficiencies.
Second, only an idiot would have claimed, and I don't recall anyone even saying this, that the Pats would miss the playoffs. Most rationally said that the Pats had big concerns in the secondary but that they'd make it into the playoffs and again be a very dangerous team. There was never, ever, ever any doubt that the Pats would win the crappy AFC East.
Third, I fail to understand why people find it so easy to overlook the strength of the opposition. When most on here and in Boston were freaking out early in the seasonabout a 4-4 record, to me that record wasn't bad considering. It's very tough to have back-to-back games against good teams. Conversely, now people are blowing way too much smoke up the Pats asses for their latest streak in which they beat the dregs of the league, one playoff team from the JV conference and got their asses handed to them by KC.
Glad people are finally wising up to Brady's nonsense. He cried wolf (disrespect) one to many times.

and also...

don't forget the vikings.

they won 9 division titles in 10 years under bud grant,
and made it to 4 super bowls during that time and lost them all!

div titles
1969 - lost super bowl

1973 - lost super bowl
1974 - lost super bowl
1976 - lost super bowl

they are the only team that's more than 20 games over .500 all-time, but has never won a world championship!

ClosingTime said:
First off, in the beginning of the season the Pats struggled and had major problems in their secondary, as well as playing good teams. Was everyone just supposed to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that they were playing well even after getting detroyed?
If that is the case, this messageboard was a source of the most egregious disrespect in tearing apart the teams deficiencies.
Second, only an idiot would have claimed, and I don't recall anyone even saying this, that the Pats would miss the playoffs. Most rationally said that the Pats had big concerns in the secondary but that they'd make it into the playoffs and again be a very dangerous team. There was never, ever, ever any doubt that the Pats would win the crappy AFC East.
Third, I fail to understand why people find it so easy to overlook the strength of the opposition. When most on here and in Boston were freaking out early in the seasonabout a 4-4 record, to me that record wasn't bad considering. It's very tough to have back-to-back games against good teams. Conversely, now people are blowing way too much smoke up the Pats asses for their latest streak in which they beat the dregs of the league, one playoff team from the JV conference and got their asses handed to them by KC.
Glad people are finally wising up to Brady's nonsense. He cried wolf (disrespect) one to many times.

If you made any valid points, I would debate them with you.

ClosingTime said:

I heard many media members, making predictions early on, and most of them didn't even bring up the pats because they weren't winning. I think Bardy's point is, given their injuries and schedule, and more importantly their past history of resiliancy, he felt they should've never been counted out, even when they were starting slow, and I agree with him. You seem anxious to shoot that down. If you follow the Pats, you know they weren't being considered a threat in the first half. That's disrespect when your the two-time defending champs, especially when you consider each time they win, they surprise the media types. You may be sick of hearing about it, and yes, the pats respect level has gone up, but it continues to be lower than their track record suggests it should be, and I think that's because they are not glamourous or highly impressive (ie - blowouts) when they win. IN fact that's part of how they win - people don't really understand how they are doing it, so they keep faling prey to it. they think they unmderstand, but they really don't completely get what's going on. It's ok, the pats will just keep benefitting from it. we may not win it all again this year, but we'll win some more in the coming years and solidify this dynasty into something remarkable.

ClosingTime said:
It's nice to see some limited sense in one of your posts (item three before you wandered off into blowing smoke), however; there were pundits such as Jaworski who felt the Pats would not make the playoffs - I have no idea how he calculated that, but it was one of the topics discussed here - please note that he was not alone in his pronouncments of doom. If the team feels they were disrepectfully bashed by fans and pundits, it's only because there were a number of articles dismissing them and being critical of individuals unjustly - there was a Wrong Borges piece in the Glob [sic] this morning that took a cheap shot at a player who spent most of the season playing with a bum shoulder, and he did a pretty good job when I broke down the tapes to see who did what. Life is unfair, the Steelers have to play the Bengals if they want a chance to beat the Colts - sucks to be a playoff team, eh?

What I want to know: when Pittsburgh plays the Colts, can one of our favorites Price/Reiss/Curran etc. be in the press box to monitor Polian's outbursts. A sacrifice to not be in Denver with the team, but a treat for those of us who don't respect Polian's greatness.

So, because the Patriots were 4-4 and giving up an average of 37 points a game, and then they still have beaten only 3 teams with winning records, while losing 6; and in those games they have been totally outplayed on both sides of the ball (Brady apologists are aghast, but they were outscored an average of 31-19 in those games) the media was disrespecting them?

You have to give credit to Patriot fans for at least possessing the craziest logic.

Who was counting anyone in or out in the beginning of the season? Do you mean the Pats should have still been #1 in everyone's idiotic power rankings? Or that people shouldn't say that a 8-0 Colts team that detroyed the Pats were the favorite to win the SB? Even after that ass-whooping many said, 'well, we'll see what happens in the plaoffs between NE and Colts' and referenced(regretably for me) the Steelers-NE game last year.
Pats are 3rd in odds to wih the SB and only not #2 because you need to have an NFC team in there. How the hell is that disrespect?
Brady really needs a new pair of panites. His are dirty.
I thought BB would at least shy away from such nonsense.
I, along with many others, had more respect for both of them a week ago.

ClosingTime said:
Who was counting anyone in or out in the beginning of the season? Do you mean the Pats should have still been #1 in everyone's idiotic power rankings? Or that people shouldn't say that a 8-0 Colts team that detroyed the Pats were the favorite to win the SB? Even after that ass-whooping many said, 'well, we'll see what happens in the plaoffs between NE and Colts' and referenced(regretably for me) the Steelers-NE game last year.
Pats are 3rd in odds to wih the SB and only not #2 because you need to have an NFC team in there. How the hell is that disrespect?
Brady really needs a new pair of panites. His are dirty.
I thought BB would at least shy away from such nonsense.
I, along with many others, had more respect for both of them a week ago.

your wrong. and your way too bitter about it.
early on, yes it's too early to know, but people still talk about who they consider the teams that have a chance to go to the super bowl. again, we're not claiming the pats were doing great or should've been adored despite their record. but they played 6 or 7 extremely powerful teams - in a row! many on the road, and they lost harrison and light in one of the earliest of those games. We're just saying the pats should've still been considered a threat to bounce back at thet time, but they were dismissed. it wasn't until they DID bounce back and get people healthy and win a few in a row, that people started counting them in again. yes, colts fans may not have counted them out, but the national media wasn't mentioning them at all when talking about playoff threats. you disagree and attack brady all you want, if you were a pats fan you would've seen what we saw and you know it was true. if you don't believe it, no big whoop, suffice to say, it's just another way the pats will pump themselves up - nothing wrong with that! what - you never heard any other team pump themselves up over issues you didn't think were that big of a deal? football is played best with passion, and if a team can stir up some passion, no matter how they do it, it's only gonna benefit them on the field. put your energies toward debating something worthwhile, like what you think the keys are for the colts to beating the pats. harping on brady is just homerism.

ClosingTime said:

The major problems in their secondary was injuries.

ClosingTime said:

Actually, there were several pundits who picked the JETS to win the division before the season started and several who thought it would be LUCK for the Pats to make even the wildcard because of the losses they had prior to the start of the season. It seems that you've had your head in the sand if you missed that.

ClosingTime said:

Since you missed it, the Bucs came out of a very tough NFC South Conference. But, far be it from you to acknowledge that. Also, far be it from you to acknowledge that the Bills upset the Bengals (who still had PLENTY to play for at the time.)

BTW, The Pats were very much in the game against KC. And it was mistakes by the Patriots that cost them that game. But, why focus on reality when you have your fantasies.

BLOWsing Time's posts are as uninformed and lame as they have always been.

I wish there was an ignore function on this board.

Tony Collins said:
So, because the Patriots were 4-4 and giving up an average of 37 points a game, and then they still have beaten only 3 teams with winning records, while losing 6; and in those games they have been totally outplayed on both sides of the ball (Brady apologists are aghast, but they were outscored an average of 31-19 in those games) the media was disrespecting them?

You have to give credit to Patriot fans for at least possessing the craziest logic.

More lies from the Pats fan wannabe. The Pats were NEVER giving up an average of 37 points this year. When they were 4-4, the Pats had given up an average of 27.5.

You have to give3 credit to Patriot Haters for possessing the ability to be able to figure out how to use the internet.

ClosingTime said:
Because I said so!!! sniff... sniff...

Not an exact quote, but pretty much the same thing... and exactly what I expected from a TROLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes