PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Playoff Calculator 2018

Houston could very well be the worst 13-3 team ever.
Not saying it's probable, but...Depending on the day and how the execution looks, we could be as well.......

Not saying it's probable, but...Depending on the day and how the execution looks, we could be as well.......

I don't think this is a terribly serious post but if we go 13-3 I think it's safe to assume the flaws we've observed were dealt with. Personally I'm expecting 11 or 12 wins (potential losses @Mia, @PIT).

Houston might win out but there's no way the Chargers do with @KC, @Pitt, @Denver and Baltimore at home left on their schedule. The Chargers have a .321 SOV.

I really don't see the Patriots winning out.

We need Steelers to go 11-4-1 (still pissed at that come back at Jax but I think they lose next week @ Denver and later @NO).

Houston's easy remaining schedule worries me. I wouldn't die of shock if they win out and wind up 13-3.:eek:

Did ESPN "experts" create this calculator?
Regardless...
Hey ESPN..........
upload_2018-11-19_13-58-21.png

Beat the now 7-3 Texans
Lost to the now 3-7 Jaguars
Lost to the now 4-6 Lions
Beat the now 5-5 Dolphins
Beat the now 5-5 Colts
Beat the now 9-1 Chiefs
Beat the now 7-3 Bears
Beat the now 3-7 Bills
Beat the now 4-5-1 Packers
Lost to the now 5-5 Titans

Beat teams that are a combined: 40-29-1 with only 2 victories over teams below .500.

Lost to teams that are a combined: 12-18 BY DOUBLE DIGITS....and none of these teams are above .500 right now.

Only a few games were "Close"...HOU, KC, and @CHI....and in all of those games we pulled ahead 2 scores before the opponent closed it to an one score margin...

WEIRD season....

I did it, got them to a two seed by just clicking on how I thought the games would go. Didn't try to "scheme" a way to them being the 1 or 2 seed.

Jets W
Minn L
Miami W
Pitts W (a loss here drops them to a four seed)
Bills W
Jets W

I did it, got them to a two seed by just clicking on how I thought the games would go. Didn't try to "scheme" a way to them being the 1 or 2 seed.

Jets W
Minn L
Miami W
Pitts W (a loss here drops them to a four seed)
Bills W
Jets W

The Vikings will be coming off back to back Sunday night football games and the weather in Foxboro is projected to be a high of 39 with 10 MPH winds. The weather can change for better or worse between now and then but I don't see an average dome team beating them in December in Foxboro.

I think Miami just because it's in Miami scares me and Pitt because they're a good team.

ESPN.com's 2018 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

I just went through it and we got Seed TWO, losing out to HOUSTON!

Lost in three way tie breaker with Houston, Pats, and Chargers all 13-3

Sucks
I agree it sucks. It has Houston winning all 6 remaining games because they have a better record right now than any of their upcoming opponents. That is a ridiculously absurd assumption to make but hey, it's just a couple of lines of code so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

So, where did Kansas City fit in your projection if Houston won the 1 seed and NE has the 2 seed? Third, I’m assuming? It’s hard to see that happening.
KC got the wild card tied 13-3 with Chargers who took the division

I agree it sucks. It has Houston winning all 6 remaining games because they have a better record right now than any of their upcoming opponents. That is a ridiculously absurd assumption to make but hey, it's just a couple of lines of code so I wouldn't take it too seriously.
I am the one who filled it out LOL!

I am the one who filled it out LOL!
Oh I thought you just ran their "simulator" where I got similar results, with Houston at #2. I honestly didn't look at it that closely other than the fact the NE was #4.

giphy.gif

So, where did Kansas City fit in your projection if Houston won the 1 seed and NE has the 2 seed? Third, I’m assuming? It’s hard to see that happening.

That ain’t happening. Could be injuries that cause that but otherwise no.

Those are awful uniforms

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back