PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN plans a nine-episode series, called Man in the Arena, on TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jordan is worth 2.1 billion. Tom and Giselle together are worth $500-600 million.

And this, I suspect, is the metric that football is in service to for our former QB.

“Tommy making Tommy look good.”

Yeah, “still love him”. Sure.

Everyone wants to and deserves to look good. I can only assume this desire is magnified if you have 3 kids. This simple facts does not diminish any love for Tommy.

I think this will be ten episodes by the time filming starts. :p

Everyone wants to and deserves to look good. I can only assume this desire is magnified if you have 3 kids. This simple facts does not diminish any love for Tommy.
I agree. In today's media environment you have to control the narrative or they will. This is especially true for Brady who is hated by a large portion of the jealous media.

I’m looking forward to this although Brady doing it while still playing makes me wonder if we’ll get as much insight as we would if he were retired and also makes me wonder if Belichick will contribute with Tom being an active player on another team. A 10 part story of the Pats dynasty told by Belichick is what I really want to see, id pay good money to see his honest thoughts on deflate gate and spygate in addition to breaking down all of those title runs and being candid about things like going for it on 4th and 13 and Butlers benching.

As far as the last dance goes it was well done but watching the early episodes all I could think was if Len Bias doesn’t OD what changes? I don’t think the Pistons sniff the finals in that scenario and maybe the Celtics keep the Bull from winning in 91 or 92. It’s one of sport’s greatest what ifs.

I see what you are saying, but Jordan had to play on both ends of the court. NBA players are constantly running around on every play while Football players on offense get to catch their breath between snaps and when the defense is on the field. Hence, why I said Jordan was the better "athlete." Also, winning 6 titles in 8 years is ridiculous. Both are equally accomplished, in my view.
I get what your saying to a degree but no one is ever going to convince me that playing offense/defense in basketball has anywhere near the difficulty or physical toll of playing QB where you have 11 guys coming for your head literally on every play and you have the ball every play and have to make the right decision every play. It is the toughest position in all of sports and the one that effects the outcomes of games the most.

Not sure I'm afraid if that's really true outside of New England...

Captain I was just able to give you my first ever RLKAG rating on this post, very appropriate.

Michael Jordan is worth 2.1 billion. Tom and Giselle together are worth $500-600 million.
I don’t believe Jordan had amassed as much wealth as the Brady family while he was still playing, but I may be wrong on that

Regardless, Jordan was not participating in making a tribute series while he was still playing.

Jordan’s special was 20 years after he retired.

I agree. In today's media environment you have to control the narrative or they will. This is especially true for Brady who is hated by a large portion of the jealous media.

This is probably the reason why Brady's brand will never be Jordan's. Jordan is just beloved by everyone. Brady played for the evil empire on a team that got busted for deflategate and spygate in the view of most. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Plus basketball is popular around the world, whereas American football is not.

Will Diva Brady show himself throwing the ball high, wide and to the wrong shoulder in his second SB loss against the Giants, and explain why he let the whole country throw Welker under the bus for the play?

Will Diva Brady show himself throwing the ball high, wide and to the wrong shoulder in his second SB loss against the Giants, and explain why he let the whole country throw Welker under the bus for the play?

Get real. You can say whatever excuse you want to but welker got 2 hands on the football. He just dropped it.

Get real. You can say whatever excuse you want to but welker got 2 hands on the football. He just dropped it.

Tom's throw was off. Guys who catch that throw should be SB MVPs*. Guys who drop it...

e.g. The Squirrel

This. The throw was not perfect but Welker should have still caught it.

Are you going to show me the posts like I asked you to where I called Brady a system QB amd said he was a bad person like you accused me of saying?

Or did you just make that up?

I’m not going to go look all the way back you and I forget the other guys name have been relentless with the Brady hate and saying outlandish things. I clearly remember you saying BB was most of the reason Brady was successful and without him he wouldn’t be in the league.

I’m not going to go look all the way back you and I forget the other guys name have been relentless with the Brady hate and saying outlandish things. I clearly remember you saying BB was most of the reason Brady was successful and without him he wouldn’t be in the league.

No Brady hate from me whatsoever. I never called him a system QB or a bad person and you know it.

His scouting report did though. Literally “likely a system guy”. Therefore yes if the Patriots and BB didn’t pick Brady in the draft there’s an excellent chance he would have never gotten any shot in the league. I don’t think that’s a crazy opinion.

Jordan had advantages that Brady did not. Brady played most of his career in a world where social media and fake news were the norm fueling hate and jealously.

Jordan also played in a league where flamboyance and individual talent were more noticeable and rewarded ie. dunk contest etc.

Brady threw a bad pass making an easy catch extremely difficult. Which is easier to catch with two hands, an accurate pass or one thrown high wide and to the wrong shoulder? Brady was 90% at fault.

That was Brady's Bill Buckner moment, not Welker's.

Get real yourself without your Brady glasses on.

Last edited:
Brady threw a bad pass making an easy catch difficult. Which is easier to catch with two hands, an accurate pass or one thrown high wide and to the wrong shoulder? Brady was 90% at fault.

Get real yourself without your Brady glasses on.

90%? Answer me this, was the pass good enough for welker to catch? Don’t give me the details of the pass, we’ve all seen the play. Just answer the question, was the pass good enough for welker to catch?

Random thought...My opinion on Brady is the same as when Pedro left the Sox. I was disappointed but understood why and didn't fault him nor hold any animosity. They're both legends and probably my 2 favorite players of all time. I appreciate what they did for the Pats and Sox and will always hold them in the highest esteem, regardless of how they chose to finish their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes