PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Picks for Pats/Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Steve Young, Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson all picked DENVER.....

I am not surprised by Jackson, he is such a homer and hates BB since their little incident at SB 38....

Irvin was talking about how great Tedy has been but picked Denver anyway.

Young usually picks the Patriots, no explanation here....

6 out of 8 Boston Globe "staff' pick the Patriots. None of them would make a "homer' pick. Only Borges and Cafaldo picked Denver.

ESPN picking Denver is good news for the Patriots because every time they all choose the same team to win, they are proven wrong. :)

Good. I don't feel good that so many in the media picking Pats (~57% +-7%) SU, not just ATS. When too many picking 'dogs SU on the road, that could be a sign of suckers' bets that Las Vegas loves.

Not that it affects the outcome in anyway, unless it motivates Pats players...

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 47
I am glad they all picked the Broncos too.... Jackson wanted to pick the pats because it is bad luck to have all three go for one team, but he couldnt resist. I cant wait to watch tomorrow and laugh at them all after another Pats victory.

Golic picked the Pats yesterday morning on Mike and Mike in the morning.

Bill's Girl said:
Steve Young, Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson all picked DENVER.....

I am not surprised by Jackson, he is such a homer and hates BB since their little incident at SB 38....

Irvin was talking about how great Tedy has been but picked Denver anyway.

Young usually picks the Patriots, no explanation here....

Just out of curiosity, what was the incident between Jackson and BB?

pats1 said:

For the life of me, I don't get how these guys get away with picking both teams (one in print and the other on the air).

Collinsworth did the same thing this week (within 24 hours: Pats on MSNBC.com and Broncos on HBO).

Proof that it's all irrelevant garbage.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
For the life of me, I don't get how these guys get away with picking both teams (one in print and the other on the air).

Collinsworth did the same thing this week (within 24 hours: Pats on MSNBC.com and Broncos on HBO).

Proof that it's all irrelevant garbage.

Some of that may have to do with things being taped earlier in the week. And then as they get new information change their opinion. Which is all it is. One man's opinion.

pats1 said:

I thought Greeny took the Pats and the Points for the outright win and Golic took the Broncos for the win but the Pats with the points.

FSUPatsFan said:
Just out of curiosity, what was the incident between Jackson and BB?

Read Michael Holley's "Patriot Reign" for complete details. But it goes back to when BB cut Milloy and the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0 in the season openner. Jackson stated on ESPN that "his players hate him". Upon further review, it was determined that Jackson never actually talked to any players prior to making the statement. He later rescinded his original statement but Bill never forgave him. After the SB victory over the Panthers, ESPN was looking for a one on one interview with Bill, which he kept avoiding. Finally Berman came around and Bill agreed to an interview on the field. As Bill and Chris were walking onto the field for the interview, Jackson came over wanting to be in on the interview. As he put out his hand to Bill, Bill looked at Jackson, ignored his handshake offer and simply said, "F*** You" to Jackson. The interview was conducted without Jackson.....

Bill never forgets and Jackson can't stand that the putdown was made public in the book.

Another putdown in the book was Hochstein on Warren Sapp's pre SB comments about the Pats inability to block the vaunted Panthers D Line. Check out the book, its a great read for a Pats fan.

Pat the Pats Fan said:
Read Michael Holley's "Patriot Reign" for complete details. But it goes back to when BB cut Milloy and the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0 in the season openner. Jackson stated on ESPN that "his players hate him". Upon further review, it was determined that Jackson never actually talked to any players prior to making the statement. He later rescinded his original statement but Bill never forgave him. After the SB victory over the Panthers, ESPN was looking for a one on one interview with Bill, which he kept avoiding. Finally Berman came around and Bill agreed to an interview on the field. As Bill and Chris were walking onto the field for the interview, Jackson came over wanting to be in on the interview. As he put out his hand to Bill, Bill looked at Jackson, ignored his handshake offer and simply said, "F*** You" to Jackson. The interview was conducted without Jackson.....

Bill never forgets and Jackson can't stand that the putdown was made public in the book.

Another putdown in the book was Hochstein on Warren Sapp's pre SB comments about the Pats inability to block the vaunted Panthers D Line. Check out the book, its a great read for a Pats fan.

I've always loved the Hochstein drunken tirade about Sapp in the hotel after that game. More garbage should have been tossed at Warren for his ignorant and proven wrong statements before that game.

I believe he has never peeped another word about Hochstein ever since.

well

shmessy said:
I've always loved the Hochstein drunken tirade about Sapp in the hotel after that game. More garbage should have been tossed at Warren for his ignorant and proven wrong statements before that game.

I believe he has never peeped another word about Hochstein ever since.

I haven't read the book but will do so soon. What exactly happed in the Hochstein incident? I know all about the warren "i need attention" sapp comments before the game (saw them live actually) but didn't know hochstein said anything after the game!

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey