ESPN loses its mind, removes Robert Lee from UVA broadcast

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

jri37

On the Game Day Roster
In the article it says they decided to remove him for his safety. I'm confused which morons are they trying to protect him from, the morons on the left or the morons on the right?

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Nope. Not in the least. The only joke here is ESPN. They were worried that the memes would get out of control. Instead, they created an even bigger PR disaster.

Yep. Up until they did that, nobody had even registered that an Asian-American sports announcer had anything whatsoever to do with a confederate general. Now not only does ESPN look ridiculous, but I'm every Rob Lee in America (and there must be thousands and thousands) is cursing them for making the shared name an issue.

Ironically, the Robert Lee who lost the gig may actually end up the one winner here. Suddenly he's a household name, when pretty much nobody had heard of him before.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
In the article it says they decided to remove him for his safety. I'm confused which morons are they trying to protect him from, the morons on the left or the morons on the right?

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yep. Up until they did that, nobody had even registered that an Asian-American sports announcer had anything whatsoever to do with a confederate general. Now not only does ESPN look ridiculous, but I'm every Rob Lee in America (and there must be thousands and thousands) is cursing them for making the shared name an issue.

Ironically, the Robert Lee who lost the gig may actually end up the one winner here. Suddenly he's a household name, when pretty much nobody had heard of him before.
He was already a household name....now maybe we can all see his face without the beard.;)

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Jesus Christ.

The more this kind of knee-jerk, alarmist, PC crap happens from a high-profile business legitimizes the snowflake (left and right) mindset.

TommyBrady12

Hall of Fame Poster
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
c'mon guys, it is clear that he is related to Robert E Lee and a supporter of the confederacy.