Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Optimistic Lynch to have more tests on sprained ankle
Associated Press
Updated: November 12, 2007, 1:12 PM ET

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Marshawn Lynch will have further tests Monday on his sprained left ankle, but Bills coach **** Jauron hopes the rookie running back will be ready to play against New England this weekend.

Jauron said Lynch is sore, but noted that initial tests showed no broken bones after the player limped off the field after helping secure a come-from-behind 13-10 win at Miami on Sunday.

"There is a concern," Jauron said. "But as [Lynch] said last night, he feels like he'll play. We've got to kind of wait and see on that one. But he's very upbeat."

The Bills (5-4), who have won four straight, are off until Wednesday, when they return to practice to prepare to host AFC East rival New England (9-0) on Sunday night.

Lynch was hurt when several players fell on the back of his leg after the running back completed a 3-yard gain to convert a third-and-2 at the Dolphins 25 late in the fourth quarter. The run helped set up Rian Lindell's decisive 34-yard field goal with 46 seconds remaining.

Lynch sparked the comeback earlier in the fourth quarter when he scored on a 3-yard plunge and then completed a 2-point conversion to tie the game at 10.

The first-round pick out of California has been the Bills' most consistent offensive player, and has played a significant role in helping the team rebound from a 1-3 start.

The touchdown against Miami was Lynch's team-leading sixth rushing this season. With a touchdown passing as well, Lynch has had a hand in seven of 10 touchdowns produced by the offense this year.

He ranks fifth in the NFL with 751 yards rushing, and his 196 carries rank second behind Pittsburgh's Willie Parker.

Without going into detail, Jauron expressed more concern about the status of nickel cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas, who sustained what the team fears to be a severe groin injury against the Dolphins.

"Not optimistic there," Jauron said, referring to the eight-year NFL veteran, who's been credited with 35 tackles and is third on the team with four passes defended.

Without Thomas, the Bills would be down to two reserves -- Ashton Youboty and Jerametrius Butler -- behind starters Terrence McGee and Jabari Greer in preparing for the pass-happy Patriots, who defeated Buffalo 38-7 at Foxborough, Mass., in Week 3.

Jauron said starting tight end Robert Royal's status is uncertain after he sustained a mild concussion against Miami.

That’d be something if he’s out, and I’d certainly prefer it.

Sure we’re all expecting another blowout, but on the road at night with a hyped up Bills crowd they may be a little more competitive?

...Probably not, but news anyways.

I can't even begin to imagine what they'd be like against the Pats without Lynch.

I think the Pats will contain Lynch. If he has good numbers it will be because of garbage time carries.

I think the Pats will contain Lynch. If he has good numbers it will be because of garbage time carries.

Really? The guy is a stud. What do you consider garbage time, when he scored on Buffalo's first possesion. Just because he plays for an opponent doesn't mean he's inferior. In a few years this guy just might make you sick.

Really? The guy is a stud. What do you consider garbage time, when he scored on Buffalo's first possesion. Just because he plays for an opponent doesn't mean he's inferior. In a few years this guy just might make you sick.

Good point. The kid is nasty and runs Hard - the Bills will definatly be a worse team without him. The weather is gonna be nasty and a running game will be important to whatever chance the Bills have in winning the game, or keeping it close.

If he's not in the game, I will be completely confident that not only we'll win, but it will be another blowout.

If he's in, I'll still be respecting the Bills, at least until halftime.

When runs he reminds me a lot of M. Barber, he doesn't run out of bounds he shakes off the first defender and gets another 5 yards, and then when to guys grab him he gets another 2 purely on heart and grit.

If he is healthy he will be the best RB on the field, both sides of the ball. No offense to our corp but he is to RB what Manning and Brady are to QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes