PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: 49ers forfeit 5th, swap 3rd with Bears for tampering with Briggs [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
ESPN reports NFL agrees 49ers tampered with Bears LB Briggs.

Last edited:
49ers charged with Tampering

ON ESPN GET LINK WHEN I CAN

49ERS must forfeit 5th round pick and swap 3rd rounders with Bears!

Re: 49ers charged with Tampering

Wow. And to think, they didn't even sign Briggs. Just imagine what General Zod would have penalized them had they actually signed him ...

Re: 49ers charged with Tampering

Hardly a big crime....changing picks??? BIG deal...but again..it wasn't the Pats...

Re: ESPN: 49ers forfeit 5th, swap 3rd with Bears for tampering with Briggs [merged]

Where's Easterbrook? What does Matt Walsh know about this?

I look forward to every ESPN talking head spending the next 6 months talking about the 49ers as the Worst. Cheaters. Ever.

I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Re: ESPN: 49ers forfeit 5th, swap 3rd with Bears for tampering with Briggs [merged]

ESPN Especially Stupid Pompous Nonsense

So when do the Jets finally get penalized?

Film at 11:00 ;)

Commissioner Clouseau strikes again.

Now, if someone could just explain to me how filming from the sidelines instead of the end zone or the stands is more detrimental to fair play than trying to steal an opponent's best players, I'd really appreciate that.

CHEATERS!

MIKE NOLANCHEAT!

5-11*!

Yeah, like you'll ever hear that...

(By the way, if you happen to see this in a Mike Florio Sporting News column tonight, it's because I told him, and he thought it was funny.)

CHEATERS!

MIKE NOLANCHEAT!

5-11*!

Yeah, like you'll ever hear that...

(By the way, if you happen to see this in a Mike Florio Sporting News column tonight, it's because I told him, and he thought it was funny.)
"5-11*" - priceless! :)

This goes on every year. If Goodell is serious about this they will heave to open up a whole new office in New York to monitor it:

Law & Order: NFL Division

Goodell is anti-Patriots.

Tom Brady plays for the Patriots.

The 49ers were the team Tom Brady rooted for as a kid.

Coincidence? ;)

what the fruck?

that's it?

this league is a hunk of dogcrap

I've never been so obsessed with watching something i hate so much.

Last edited:

swap of a 3rd? why not take away their 2nd and 3rd? since they did not make the playoffs?

so then we can tamper and that is ALL we lose for it?

Cheat9ers!

NO WONDER ALEX SMITH HAS ALWAYS BEEN SO GO-

:eek:

also, the Pats should defenetely file a grievance against the jets

also, the Pats should defenetely file a grievance against the jets

They did after the Branch situation, but the Jets were cleared in January 2006 -- under Tagliabue, mind you.

Meanwhile, the precedent that is set of rewarding the team who was tampered with WITHOUT EVEN LOSING THE PLAYER is terrible.

Imagine what will happen when a team wins a tampering case and they actually lose the player. Swap seconds? Firsts?

Just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye