PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

''Emmit Says If Maroney Doesn't Watch Out Sammy Could Take His Job''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This should definitely motivate Maroney.I'm not taking anything away from Sammy because we'll know he was a beast tonight.I just hope Maroney's fire is fused big time.

have you seen Emmit's windsor knot tie?!? WTF

This should definitely motivate Maroney.I'm not taking anything away from Sammy because we'll know he was a beast tonight.I just hope Maroney's fire is fused big time.

I agree. I've been saying for weeks that Morris is a better RB than Maroney. Morris has excellent vision. He knows how to run, read blocks, and find the running lane.

Maroney isn't there yet. Maroney is much more dangerous in the open field but he has much improvement to make when it comes to running between the tackles.

Morris had a great game. This offense did not skip a beat without Maroney.
I'll welcome Maroney back but the running game will be a 2 headed monster with Maroney and Morris. Morris does some things very, very well and he showed it tonight. He seems to thrive under the Pats new zone blocking scheme.

Morris had a great game. This offense did not skip a beat without Maroney.
I'll welcome Maroney back but the running game will be a 2 headed monster with Maroney and Morris. Morris does some things very, very well and he showed it tonight. He seems to thrive under the Pats new zone blocking scheme.

I think that would be the best way to go.

I think maroney's role is safe....

did we completely forget the lack of Cincy lb's? Morris had a good game, but we can't make too much of this game.

Emmitt better watch out or he'll be replaced by a lamp.

Maroney wasn't getting 30 carries a game in the first place and this changes nothing.

What job? There is no starting RB on our team, only on paper.

Maroney needs to hit the hole and learn how to take better care of his body. He is hurt to much for a young buck ( imo)

That's what I was going to say. They split time, maybe Morris will get a higher percentage than he's had . . . but there's no "job" to win or lose. Maroney is averaging 4.7 YPC and averaged a good 4.3 last year - if someone beats out him for some carries, it's all good.

To bad for Emmit the Pats do runningback by committee.

Morris and Maroney were splitting the load, and will probably continue to once Maroney gets back

Morris is a good back. I think letting him go was a mistake by the Dolphins front office, I imagine he could've been resigned for a fairly cheap price but Cameron's man love for Jesse Chatman probably interferred with that. It's a good thing Ronnie Brown is becoming a super star and one of the league's best backs otherwise this would be another thing to add to the list of Dolphins' miscues this year.
A superstar with no victories ........ BAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Maroney haters are F-ing ridiculous. Sammy did a great job, I'm glad he's here. Emmitt was only half-serious. Maroney is a more dynamic back than Morris and is the starter. That's not to say I'm unhappy with Morris, he's doing great. Having both of those guys is what Belichick likes to call a "high-class problem."

all he said was morris
"let his eyes follow his legs"

who else can we rob from your roster, A4E?

The Maroney haters are F-ing ridiculous. Sammy did a great job, I'm glad he's here. Emmitt was only half-serious. Maroney is a more dynamic back than Morris and is the starter. That's not to say I'm unhappy with Morris, he's doing great. Having both of those guys is what Belichick likes to call a "high-class problem."
I am NOT a Maroney hater. I like the guy a lot and he is a good RB but right now if I could only have 1 I'd take Morris. Maroney is having his injury troubles.

Morris is powerful and he can move the pile and gets a lot of first downs. Along with being a powerful back he has great speed, his run was excellent. It was great blocking and a damn good run. Nice stiff arm too. And I think Morris is a better goal line back and gives us a better chance at scoring TDs.

Maroney is the starter on paper. He is listed as the starter and he may start off the game but in the end Maroney isn't our feature back. We don't have one. Maroney isn't carrying the ball 25-30 times.

Last edited:
I am NOT a Maroney hater. I like the guy a lot and he is a good RB but right now if I could only have 1 I'd take Morris. Maroney is having his injury troubles.

Morris is powerful and he can move the pile and gets a lot of first downs. Along with being a powerful back he has great speed, his run was excellent. It was great blocking and a damn good run. Nice stiff arm too. And I think Morris is a better goal line back and gives us a better chance at scoring TDs.

Maroney is the starter on paper. He is listed as the starter and he may start off the game but in the end Maroney isn't our feature back. We don't have one. Maroney isn't carrying the ball 25-30 times.
I remember when morris was drafted and that was a long time ago.If he was a #1 back it would have happened by now. Maroney is much more explosive,i think he would have played last night if he had to but cincys D is weak,and I think BB rested him. that being said I really like the Morris singning when it happened. I thought he would be good,but I didn't think he'd be this good.

Last edited:
Maroney ran great last week. Sammy ran great this week. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes