PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elliott is getting the Brady treatment in his appeal hearing.....

Others have ably pointed out the difference between what might or might not be "legal" and what has been negotiated in a CBA. Given the Appeals Court precedent in the Brady case, only the Supreme Court of the US could establish now that the NFL is in the business of establishing "its own brand of industrial justice."

Now it's Jerruh's turn to bend over for the good of "the 32."

The only way this ends is if the NFLPA has the intestinal fortitude to undertake a long work stoppage.

Are the Players willing to sit out long enough that it starts to erode the value of "The Shield" and the 32 franchises? Since that would take losing all or most of a season, I doubt it. The owners' pockets are a lot deeper, so my money is on them.

Article 46, soooo.... the appeal is pretty much pointless, the entire thing is pointless. The NFL can and will do what it wants to who it wants.

Some wahoo in NY could tell the press that Brady gave him the bird while crossing the street years ago (I mean there's actually a picture of this on the internet) and the NFL could say this violates the integrity of the game and suspend him as much as they want for as long as they want.

Henderson refuses to require Tiffany Thompson’s presence at Elliott appeal hearing

Just when you think that the NFL can not be more tone deaf, or unfair...

So they are going to suspend Elliott, without as much as a criminal arrest, let alone conviction, and now they see no reason to give him the basic right to confront his accuser!!! There was this guy, James Madison, he wrote this pretty important thing a while back, in which he laid out the basic rights all Americans have, and I'm pretty sure the right to face your accuser was one of them.

He may very well have assaulted her, but they did not place her under oath, she did not sit for a deposition and you are going to just take her word and not let Elliott question his accuser?

This is officially a travesty of justice. Now I hope Jerrah goes balls to the walls against the NFL. I can't see how any actual Judge would let this stand, then again, I never thought two idots sitting in NYC would overturn the Brady ruling.

In the immortal words of Johnny Cash...
I hear a train a coming, its rolling round the bend......Elliott is in for a screwing, and it looks like he isn't even going to get dinner first.

I'm sure Tiffany Thompson's statement was compelling, if not overwhelming.

Last edited:
1 key difference is the league was the accuser with Brady. So he got to face his accuser.

With Elliot the accuser in the act that caused the suspension isn't the league, it is outside of it. That difference could definitely help him in the appeals process.

The evidence against him is set out in this letter:

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/ee-discipline-letter-final-8-11-17.pdf

Looks like she was not completely truthful with the police, which very likely played into their decision not to charge him. But the evidence set out in this letter seems a hell of a lot more credible than their trumped-up charges against Brady.

The League also had evidence that was not available to the police. Full story here:

Ezekiel Elliott suspension: An inside look at the NFL’s investigation and punishment decision

The other main difference here is not only were the charges trumped -up vs TB12 so was the m-fing evidence.

I have no idea if EE did what he did but I'm suspicious to the fact that hes not a nice guy. Nonetheless the NFL dug into this thing their own way and came to a conclusion that he has a behavioral problem and deserves to be punished severely.

The other main difference here is not only were the charges trumped -up vs TB12 so was the m-fing evidence.

I have no idea if EE did what he did but I'm suspicious to the fact that hes not a nice guy. Nonetheless the NFL dug into this thing their own way and came to a conclusion that he has a behavioral problem and deserves to be punished severely.

which frankly are probably just as trumped up as the NFL making their own laws of science in Deflategate.

I dont believe for 1 second they uncovered all this irrefutable evidence that the police couldn't

which frankly are probably just as trumped up as the NFL making their own laws of science in Deflategate.

I dont believe for 1 second they uncovered all this irrefutable evidence that the police couldn't

The NFL collects or makes up what it wants to and won't collect or investigate when it doesn't want to know.

The Constitution has no bearing here. I'm not going to get worked up because a private institution isn't going to force an allegedly abused women to show up and get dragged by her alleged abuser's lawyer. **** like that is why so many abused women never come forward in the first place.
A private institution CAN'T force her to show up. Can't force anyone to show up that isn't an employee of a team or has signed a contract saying the NFL can force them to do things.

A private institution CAN'T force her to show up. Can't force anyone to show up that isn't an employee of a team or has signed a contract saying the NFL can force them to do things.

Right, there's a difference between "won't show up" and "not required to show up." The NFL has no subpoena power to make her provide testimony.

But the arbitrator could, in theory, say "if she does not appear, I will be forced to rule for the player."

Considering the stories of the lazy and half-assed research efforts in other NFL investigations, the league would have had to really step up their game in this situation.

Something I found hard to believe was from a PFT article about why Elliott and his camp stayed quiet during this whole process. Their thinking was that they felt they would be treated fairly by the NFL, so they just wanted the process to run it's course.

I could see Elliott thinking that because he's young and has only been in the league a year, but his agent and attorney should have known better. One of the big takeaways from Brady's case was that the league doesn't not have to run a fair disciplinary process. Why make the assumption that they would with Elliott?

I never got any sympathy from any fan, that was not a Pats fan, during the Bull5h!tGate crap. Screw em' all. Sad to say, but I am very spiteful. Eye for an eye. "The league and commissioner say it's so, so it must be true". Oh well. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Suck on that, Cowpie fans. You too Jerruh

Eh, if he were really getting the Brady treatment, Goodell himself would be hearing the appeal instead of his stooge Henderson. There's always the (remote) chance that Elliot can convince Henderson to not be Goodell's stooge. With Goodell the outcome was 100% predetermined.
Henderson is the one who reduced GHardy's suspension.

What a travesty.
Witch Hunt.
Everyone knows Ezekiel would NEVER commit such haneous acts.
It really is a black eye on all involved.
Prayers for justice for Zeke.
LMAO!!!

If the league finds elliot not guilty on appeal, there will be a firestorm in the media. The NFL screwed ray rice up and this is their chance to "make things right." Elliot is good as gone for the next 6 games.
The Giants kicker getting only 1 game. This is delicious as the Cowboys fans have to live with that too.

I haven't really followed this issue, so hard for me to say if the penalty is fair. I will say that I hate Roger Goodell and think it is totally unfair that he gets to handle appeals. While Dallas deserves the karma payback for backing the deflate gate witch hunt, I still would back them over Goddell if the penalty is unfair.

Elliot may well be an abuser but this doesn't prove it by any means, and given what's at stake there should have been a finding greater than the whims of the NFL league office. I have no love lost for Jerrah, the cowboys, or Elliot, but he still deserves a fair shake,

The NFL collects or makes up what it wants to and won't collect or investigate when it doesn't want to know.
And leaks whatever it wants to to its favorite shills, er reporters for BSPN, whether truthful or not. Right, Mort???

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back