PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Efficiently Spending On Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been suggested by some here. I don't know how effective he'll be at it on the NFL level, but I doubt it would be much worse than what was out there last year.

Both of those guys would be interesting, especially against the run. Neither solves the pass rush question, as far as an inside rush, but having a rotation of Pouha/Love/Wilfork would certainly be strong against the run up the middle.

I just don't know what sort of money they'll be looking for. Pouha might end up staying with the Jets for less rather than risking the market, for example.

Pass rush possibilities are pretty slim unless you're willing to drop big coin. After Spencer, Johnson, Bennett and Avril, you're already down to question marks in FA. A lower end player like Wallace Gilberry, or older players coming off down years like Vanden Bosch, Umenyiora and A. Carter are what's out there.

That's why I'm for fixing the secondary and receiving corps this year, and the lines next. I'm open to suggestions, but I just don't see much more than chewing gum and baling wire out there this year.

"That's why I'm for fixing the secondary and receiving corps this year, and the lines next."

You can plan on what you want, but I beleive Belechick drafts ballplayers a) when they are available and b) worth the value.

THIS is the year that the linemen on both sides are there, so you do the lines THIS year. The WR and CBs are not great this season, so you don't go there, up high.

I could see them take a WR in the third or fourth to develop, but that is not a solution for this year.

captain stone said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJohnson

McGinest almost never covered anyone, about as much as any 43 DE does on a zone blitz, or disgusied coverage. Jones can do that.

Jones can do what? Cover? He doesn't have the change of direction ability to do that.

Read what I wrote. He wouldn't cover any more then Willie did which was about never

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Point taken. I will admit that Jones stands a much better chance of success in a 3-4 scheme
as an OLB than he ever will as a DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots