SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Dunkirk

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Jul 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,120
    Great movie, very well done. Had me on the edge of my seat.

2. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,007
    Ill be watching it this weekend on IMAX, which will also be a first for me. Know a couple of guys that have watched it, all positive so far.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50,689
    I'll be seeing it either this weekend or next weekend. Hope it's still in IMAX by then. No surprise that it's drawn rave reviews though since it's a Nolan movie. That man just simply doesn't disappoint.

4. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,274
    went to see it monday. awesome movie. fastest 2 hours in a movie ive seen in a long time. the action and fighting is face paced and starts right away and never stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  5. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,368
    Though i do like his movies a lot I am not a fan of Christopher Nolan's style. It sometimes feels rushed and forced which gives it often a clunky and not smooth feeling. It seems like he is usually so focused on getting from scene A to scene B to scene C he doesn't have enough quiet moments for characters to have pause or doubts or inwardly debate about what they should do. Often i see him try to quickly stack character building in compact dialogue which feels unnatural to watch and it lacks a natural flow conversational cause it is so focus on stacking quick plot points and character development like a wine you give no time to breath.

It almost feels like Christopher Nolan at times is Michael Bay but with a great eye for the camera, good world building and great ideas but in the end that Michael Bay base style it is built of rushed ADHD "now now now" pace that gives things an unnatural shakiness. It is unfortunate cause I think with a few minor changes his movies could be better and he would be a top 5 all time director.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  6. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,007
    Seen it in IMAX this past Sunday, what a movie. From the very opening scene the movie sucks you in. This was my very first IMAX m0vie and it was great. The movie itself gives you a great prospective on the war from the air, land, and sea. Some very intense moments, Nolan makes it feel like you're right there with the soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,689
    What the actual ****? Nolan's movies are jam packed with his characters outwardly doubting the path they're taking. Nolan takes a loose bowel **** all over Michael Bay.

8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,689
    Saw it yesterday. Amazing movie. I was enthralled from start to finish. Tom Hardy's character truly gave it all throughout the film.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,515
    Christopher Nolan and Michael Bay should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

10. BobDigital

Ratings:
    +14,368
    I am not saying he equals Michael Bay cause obviously he is much better. I am saying like him he rushes too often. His dialogue feels choppy and unnatural. It is like characters are trying to give out information and character development rather than an organic conversation which would have both.

Also yes his characters talk about doubts and conflicts but it is more like hitting a check list than quiet and true self reflection. It just looks so unnatural and fact. He often doesn't give the audience, the actors or his story a chance to breath. He assumes too much without properly explaining it to the audience but more importantly he doesn't explain things properly to his characters in a way that would make sense.

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,689
    In this movie? You have a point. But in this movie, he let the story and the surroundings do much of the talking. There really wasn't much of a point to building character depth. His other movies are full of character depth and full of his characters outwardly struggling with their actions and their decisions.

12. BobDigital

Ratings:
    +14,368
    Oh i never spoke of this movie. I have yet to see it. I was speaking more of past movies where this has been an issue for him.

Particularly the 3 batman movies and inception. To a lesser extent (but still there) other ones he did.

By the way. I don't mean to say i think he is a bad director. In fact I rather enjoy his films but he often makes an 8/10 when with a few small changes imo a 9/10 could be possible.

13. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +89
    Want to see this movie. Not a fan of war movies. But heard it is something else.

14. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,654
    Amazing movie...one of my favorite WW2 movies