PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Senerio v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyw

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
What would you guys think if these were our first couple of selections come April:

1st Round: Ryans, LB 'Bama
2nd Round: Greg Blue, S Georgia
3rd Round (A): Addai, RB LSU
3rd Round (B): Richard Marshall, CB Fresno State
4th Round: Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame

I would not be too upset. A starting LB, Rodney's and Corey's eventual replacements. Yet another young CB as well as the big receiver most of us have hoped for over the bast couple of years.

Great lineup

Wish we could get all of those guys.

harveyw said:
What would you guys think if these were our first couple of selections come April:

I would not be too upset. A starting LB, Rodney's and Corey's eventual replacements. Yet another young CB as well as the big receiver most of us have hoped for over the bast couple of years.

DeMeco Ryans is a BB linebacker from the neck UP! But from the neck down he'd be a proper sized candidate for SS. I'd like him in the 4th or 5th but some other team that likes shrimpy LBs will take him long before that,maybre as early as Round 1.

Really I've actually considered how he would be a heady in-the-box SS, but I don't know how fast or how good he would be in coverage.

Blue has never had an INT in his career. 'nuff said

Addai is interesting where you position him; i think Pat Hill's CB will go before that though.

I like your 3s and 4s; Scrub your 1s and 2s though...

harveyw said:

As AZ mentioned, Ryans isn't necessarily a good candidate for the Pats ILB, though he has the smarts. I have to agree with AZ regarding Greg Blue as well. Addai strikes me as a player similar to LSU Alum Kevin Faulk. I also doubt that Addai will still be around by the 3rd round.

I like the picks of Marshall and Stovall. However, remember that Saban and Crennel are out there and may be looking at him also. So could Mangini.

However, I think that the Pats WILL be taking a center/guard type player somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds. They are gonna take someone who could take over for Koppen should he decide to leave. Just like they did when the drafted Koppen to protect against Woody leaving.

harveyw said:

I like it except for Blue, the guy is horrible in pass coverage. would rather see them get KO Simpson instead or Jason Allen. Both guys are more versitile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back