Draft Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out who picks where in the later rounds. Every mock draft I've seen has slightly different draft orders for rounds 2-7.

For the first round teams with the same record are assigned draft positions according to their strenght of schedule with the team with the lowest strenght of schedule picking first among the tied teams. The only caveat to this rule is that if a playoff and a non-playoff team have the same record, the non-playoff team picks first, regardless of thier strength of schedule.

So the 10-6 teams will pick:
20. Kansas City 10-6 .504
21. New England 10-6 .508
22. Washington 10-6 .539

with Kansas City picking 20 due to it being a non-playoff team (a moot point because they also had the lowest strenght of schedule). And since both the Pats and Skins lost in the division rd, they pick according to the SOS.

For rounds 2-7 teams with the same record change draft positions. The rules state that all teams with the same record flop picks with the team that picked first among the teams with the same record, picking last and everyone else moving up one slot.
However If anyone knows could you answer me the following:
Does the Non-playoff vs. playoff team caveat, continue throughout rounds 2-7? Meaning does Kansas City always pick in the 20th slot and the Pats and Washington flop spots each round? Or does the caveat only hold for the first round in which in subsequent rounds the Pats, Skins and Chiefs would swap spots.

I've seen several mock drafts and they have the Pats picking 52, 53 or 54th in the second round. Picking 52, would mean that the playoff vs.non-playoff caveat does not carry over to the later rounds. and if they pick 54th, that would mean that the playoff vs. non-playoff caveat does hold for rounds 2-7. If they are picking 53rd, I have no idea how that could happen.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

And while I'm at it, has the Raiders and San Fran had their coin flip yet and if so who won/lost?

If you look at Mike Reiss today, it shows how it works. After round 2, you are correct, the Play-off vs. Non-play-off caveat doesn't matter.

Round 2. Pats draft pick is 20th in the round
Round 3. Pats draft pick is 22nd in the round
Round 4. Pats draft pick is 21st in the round
Round 5. Pats Draft pick is 20th in the round (traded to Cleveland)
Round 6. Pats Draft Pick is 22nd in the round
Round 7. Pats Draft Pick is 21st in the round.

Basically the teams with the same record rotate.

The draft order isn't relavent after round 3 as compensation picks will be awarded in late march at the owners meeting (usually 30-32 picks). Add about 4 picks or so to the end of each round to approximate your picks. NE will probably have no comp. picks this year as opposed to the 3 we had last year.

Another note is comp. picks are un-tradeable. Last year we wound up with Kaczur in the 3rd (for D.Woody), Claridge in the 5th (for D.Patten) and Stokes in the 7th (for B.Hamilton).

Miguel threw out a link to explain comp. picks last year that was very informative. Keep an eye on this guys final evaluation, as he's usually very close to the actual final decisions. Here's the link

http://forums.theganggreen.com/archive/index.php/t-10881.html

These are our picks as of NOW: 21,52,75,86,105,117,131,181,212. From the huddle report.

Comp Pick ???

Won't we get a comp pick for Andruzzi (spelling)

nbsmitty said:
Won't we get a comp pick for Andruzzi (spelling)
We'll know in late March/early April.

FreeTedWilliams said:
And while I'm at it, has the Raiders and San Fran had their coin flip yet and if so who won/lost?

FTW, it would be appreciated if you didn't have political statments under your sig.

Many people would like to keeep the football and football related boards free of politics. Liberal, consevatitive , moderate, doesn't matter. Politics has gotten into some threads and it has not been good.

Football is the thing that unites all of us. Go to it on the Political baord.

Thanks, FTW, for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes