PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know that there are plenty of online draft sites. However, I still like to have something in my hands that I can read. For the past several years I've been buying the Sporting News Draft guide as a 'primer' when that comes out in mid to late March that's $7.99

Then I get the Pro Football Weekly draft Guide which comes out in early-mid April, that is $20. Coupled with stuff that I've been getting from the internet, it prepares me to make the wrong choices as well as any.

Question: do you use hardcopy draft guides and which do you think is the best. A couple of years ago I did get Kipers and found it was no better, in some ways worst, than Pro Football Weekly.

Last edited:
I'm giving up on Kiper this year

Think I will go with Pro Football Weekly. If nothing else its smaller. I think they cover my players also.

There are just so many who knows.

p8ryts said:
Think I will go with Pro Football Weekly. If nothing else its smaller. I think they cover my players also.

There are just so many who knows.

I think that they do a good job. But, don't forget the Sporting News Guide.Not as detailed or as many players covered, but for $7, it's a good primer. Plus, they have a good 'stacking the board' feature.

I always get the Pro Football Weekly guide. I have every one since 1982 in my living room. I usually get the Ourlads guide too, I wasn't going to this year after they had Charlie Frye as the #1 QB last year - but so far they look like they might be right, basically by default.

BelichickFan said:
I always get the Pro Football Weekly guide. I have every one since 1982 in my living room. I usually get the Ourlads guide too, I wasn't going to this year after they had Charlie Frye as the #1 QB last year - but so far they look like they might be right, basically by default.

Which would you say is the best, PFW or Ourlads?

PATSNUTme said:
Which would you say is the best, PFW or Ourlads?
Tough call.

Pro Football Weekly's is set out a little nicer, with pros, cons and overall plus the easy to read stuff in the back with positions in order.

Ourlads player profiles are listed in order of rating vs. alphabetical - in a way that's better because it's easier to read through positions in order but it's also tougher to find a specific guy. I also get the impression Ourlads goes with their own opinion more (thus the Frye #1 QB ranking) whereas PFW goes more with public consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes