Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Doris Day, the sunny blond actress and singer whose frothy comedic roles opposite the likes of Rock Hudson and Cary Grant made her one of Hollywood's biggest stars in the 1950s and '60s and a symbol of wholesome American womanhood, died Monday. She was 97.

In more recent years, Day had been an animal rights advocate. Her Doris Day Animal Foundation confirmed her death at her Carmel Valley, California, home.

Day "had been in excellent physical health for her age" but had recently contracted pneumonia, the foundation said in a statement. She requested that no memorial services be held and no grave marker erected.

Doris Day, actress who honed wholesome image, dies at 97

Another legend has passed

maust1013

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
RIP Doris Day and congratulations on a life well lived

borg

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Wouldn’t sending flowers or a card to the actress’ family demonstrate more sympathy than a shout out on a football message board?
Asking for a friend

maust1013

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Wouldn’t sending flowers or a card to the actress’ family demonstrate more sympathy than a shout out on a football message board?
Asking for a friend

Wouldn't just passing this thread by rather than being a richard have been a substantially more decent thing to do?
BTW, there's a Mother's Day thread up right now too, why not troll that on your way out of Dodge, just to show how truly edgy you are :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Asking for a friend
No doubt but I think that she's being remembered on a football forum is noteworthy. Rest in peace Doris Day.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Supporter
Asking for a friend

Your friend should feel free to send flowers, or a card to the actress' family.

jboston19

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
What a shame, but a good life lived. RIP.

Not many legends left from that generation. Vera Lynn May be it...

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
No doubt but I think that she's being remembered on a football forum is noteworthy. Rest in peace Doris Day.

Just about anyone who dies gets a RIP thread on here.

Just like no one over the age of 30 knew Nipsey Hussle, I doubt anyone under the age of 30 has any real connection to Doris Day.

Pat the Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
When I was a kid, seemed like all her movies were with rock Hudson. My little brother thought they were married.....:rolleyes:

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Supporter
Just about anyone who dies gets a RIP thread on here.

Just like no one over the age of 30 knew Nipsey Hussle, I doubt anyone under the age of 30 has any real connection to Doris Day.

If you're an adult, and you don't know who Doris Day was, you need to improve your education.