Pick Results: SF: 35.1% at NE: 64.9%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Calhoun44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yup......farm to table is the way to go
That's a better point and some next level siht. Cut out the middle man and buy direct from your local farmers. No Farms, No Food
Community Supportred Agriculture (CSA shares) and Farmers' Markets are really helpful for small farmers.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
I try to buy organic, but sometimes have to buy regular ($). Staple of shopping is organic milk, whole grain versus wheat and pay attention to the oils.

Calhoun44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I try to buy organic, but sometimes have to buy regular ($). Staple of shopping is organic milk, whole grain versus wheat and pay attention to the oils.
I'm so lucky to grow my own food and I have a neighbor dairy that has award winning quality milk and they make yogurt. I'm freakin' spoiled.:excited:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
That's a better point and some next level siht. Cut out the middle man and buy direct from your local farmers. No Farms, No Food
Community Supportred Agriculture (CSA shares) and Farmers' Markets are really helpful for small farmers.

I go to Wards in Sharon for produce and back it up with Lambert’s when needed

I get meats through Walden farms

Everything else at wegmans

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
To really hook me you'll have to tell me what a glyphosate is and why it matters.

TBR

Pro Bowl Player
While organic is absolutely better, something isn't automatically healthy because it's "organic".

Calhoun44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
While organic is absolutely better, something isn't automatically healthy because it's "organic".
Totally agree, there are too many organic cookies and chips. But at least the ingredients grown that went into those "not so healthy" things is being farmed without harmful chemicals and that is good for not only humans that consume them , but also for the land and the workers that farm the land. Also, the wildlife is usually more abundant and diverse on and around organic farms.

But overall one should eat less processed foods and more leafy greens than most people do. One thing i hear my customers tell me all the time is that because they are buying direct from us at the Farmers' Market, they find it to be fresher and better tasting and therefore they tend to eat more of our produce and enjoy it more which inspires them to be regular shoppers at out stand . Which helps us builds a relationship with them and they feel more connected to a local farm/farmer and it makes them feel better about spending a bit more money (for some items) to support something and someone they know and care about.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
If it does not have nutritional qualities then why are you eating/drinking it. Don't eat processed foods (typically in freezer) and eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat whole grains and less than 2% fat free milk. If you eat chocolate, then eat dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

it's a part of a bigger picture of eating healthy and actually eating a better product.......compare mass produced in cage eggs to the cage free locally raised eggs......side by side, there's a huge difference. Same with meats.

eating healthy is is a subset of other life habit ... smoking/not smoking, exercise, preventive health care.......the people on the right side of one tend to be on the right side of all.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Glyphosate is harmful to human bodies, the web of life as a whole, and soil health.

EHN

It is one of the most pernicious and widespread hormone-disrupting chemicals. This medical pathway leads to birth defects, cancers, reduction in IQ, fertility issues and sperm count drops, and more.

Agribiz demands that farmers use their GMO seeds, designed to work with glyphosate. It kills the natural anti-pest resistance in the soil, and in doing so makes it impossible for farmers to revert to a different seed stock.

It also spreads through wind, so farmers who don't want to use it are forced to, because their neighboring fields get contaminated and then require its use. Organic farming can't letigimately exists within miles of its use. It is like living next door to a Jets Fan.

This is one reason why "non GMO" actually matters - because GMO farming of staple crops (soy, corn, wheat) by design destroys alternatives, and requires biocides like glyphosate.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Glyphosate is harmful to human bodies, the web of life as a whole, and soil health.

EHN

It is one of the most pernicious and widespread hormone-disrupting chemicals. This medical pathway leads to birth defects, cancers, reduction in IQ, fertility issues and sperm count drops, and more.

Agribiz demands that farmers use their GMO seeds, designed to work with glyphosate. It kills the natural anti-pest resistance in the soil, and in doing so makes it impossible for farmers to revert to a different seed stock.

It also spreads through wind, so farmers who don't want to use it are forced to, because their neighboring fields get contaminated and then require its use. Organic farming can't letigimately exists within miles of its use. It is like living next door to a Jets Fan.

This is one reason why "non GMO" actually matters - because GMO farming of staple crops (soy, corn, wheat) by design destroys alternatives, and requires biocides like glyphosate.

ya but brawndo..........electrolytes......it's what plants crave

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Just as an aside ....
My guinea pig loves organic ... he knows ...
I pay extra for it ... eat mostly huge salads for supper.
Lost 60 pounds recently eating this way ... not going back.
Eggs .... cheese ... salads ... less than 25 grams of carbs per day if possible .. 30 worst case.

Now I just need to get some skin lopped off ... :eek:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Just as an aside ....
My guinea pig loves organic ... he knows ...
I pay extra for it ... eat mostly huge salads for supper.
Lost 60 pounds recently eating this way ... not going back.
Eggs .... cheese ... salads ... less than 25 grams of carbs per day if possible .. 30 worst case.

Now I just need to get some skin lopped off ... :eek:

A buddy of mine swore off of carbs .... lost a bunch of weight and grew a tumor in his rectum

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Groundbreaking Study Shows Organic Diets Drastically Lower Glyphosate Levels in the Body

What many of us knew for decades. Organic food is better for you. If you support the organic industry the prices will continue to come down. Your health is worth it.

(full disclosure: I am, an organic farmer and have been since the early 90's)
How we eat and what we eat are far more critical than most believe. I’m planning organic as the next step in my journey to improve my health.

Ive been eating “natural” meats and some organic veggies, but not enough.

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
A buddy of mine swore off of carbs .... lost a bunch of weight and grew a tumor in his rectum
You have to binge on them every so many days.
Pinch a great loaf and then back at it ............
Backing up the system is a body full of toxic waste.