PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Domonique Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson State! Walter Peyton's alma mater!

I have to watch more Sr bowl practices, the is where DRC showed his stuff last year

Haven't seen much of Johnson. He's been invisible so far at the Senior Bowl, except he reportedly was thin as a rail at the weigh-in.

Two liekly mid-round tall CBs to keep an eye on in addition to Johnson:

1. Keenan Lewis, Oregon St. 6'1", 196#, 4.50. According to Scott Wright the Patriots were seen paying particular attention to Lewis yesterday at the Senior Bowl.

2. Coye Francis, San Jose St. 6'1", 185#, 4.45. Very athletic. Has been getting rave reviews so far at the Senior Bowl.

Not to mention Utah's Sean Smith, 6'3", 210#, who's in a whole 'nother league.

I like his potential to be a top flight CB, has prototypical size and speed. However this concerns me:
"There were bright spots, as he improved as the practice went on, but he's long-legged and struggled to mirror the quicker receivers' routes."

Haven't seen much of Johnson. He's been invisible so far at the Senior Bowl, except he reportedly was thin as a rail at the weigh-in.

Two liekly mid-round tall CBs to keep an eye on in addition to Johnson:

1. Keenan Lewis, Oregon St. 6'1", 196#, 4.50. According to Scott Wright the Patriots were seen paying particular attention to Lewis yesterday at the Senior Bowl.

2. Coye Francis, San Jose St. 6'1", 185#, 4.45. Very athletic. Has been getting rave reviews so far at the Senior Bowl.

Not to mention Utah's Sean Smith, 6'3", 210#, who's in a whole 'nother league.
Jackson should be there at this afternoon's South practice along with Francis. Lewis was drawing attaboys from Mayock and Charles whatshisnamemystupidbrainhasshutdownagain.

I like his potential to be a top flight CB, has prototypical size and speed. However this concerns me:
"There were bright spots, as he improved as the practice went on, but he's long-legged and struggled to mirror the quicker receivers' routes."
That just means he won't be first choice to cover Welker in the slot.

Not quite as tall, but what about Sherrod Martin from Troy? 6'0", 191#, around 4.45, and supposedly very athletic and physical. Has anyone seen much of him?

Last edited:
That just means he won't be first choice to cover Welker in the slot.

BB covets quickness in the CB he drafts. Not saying he wont be a good player, but perhaps a player that NEP will pass on. IMO he wont be around for either of our 2nd round draft picks. I think he is gonna pull a DRC, by which I mean come out of nowhere a week before the Combine, light it up and move up enough to be out of our range. Barring trade down, picks for Cassel etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes