PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

does Brady's passing rating get effected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He had a bad rating just above 50. But he only had 8 attempts...isn't there some sort of rule that anything under 12 attempts can not be counted against your current rating?

The int, yards and TD count...but I do not believe his rating % or completion % count...

Does anyone know? Would be a shame to see this game and only 3 series of football screw with his awesome year and stats.

Not that we are stat hounds in NE :)

Why does it matter? The Pats are playing next week, I can live with that.

Drewwho said:
He had a bad rating just above 50. But he only had 8 attempts...isn't there some sort of rule that anything under 12 attempts can not be counted against your current rating?

The int, yards and TD count...but I do not believe his rating % or completion % count...

Does anyone know? Would be a shame to see this game and only 3 series of football screw with his awesome year and stats.

QB rating (or, rather, "passer rating") is not calculated as the average of each game. Instead, it's based on the number of passes you throw. So, for example, if you throw 30 passes in week 1 and 15 passes in week 2, your week 1 rating counts twice as much as your week 2 rating.

I don't know if there's any rule regarding minimum number of attempts per se, but I know there's a minimum number you need to have to appear on the NFL leaderboard.

Willie55 said:
I'm with Box, who gives a dung, but I believe those stats are from before play this week.
Your right I was thinking that the NFL board updated automatically.

Drewwho said:

You seem to be under the impression that his rating for the year is the average of his ratings for all games, or somesuch. That's wrong. The season rating just adds together all attempts, completions, and interceptions for the entire season. So the 3/8 passing today will have a miniscule effect on the 331/522 season, though the one INT added to the previous 13 will effect his rating a bit.

Pats Fanatic said:
No, those aren't the final ratings. At least right now they aren't -- currently they are for the first 15 games only. Tonight sometime when all games are complete they will be updated to reflect the entire season.

ctpatsfan77 said:
QB rating (or, rather, "passer rating") is not calculated as the average of each game. Instead, it's based on the number of passes you throw. So, for example, if you throw 30 passes in week 1 and 15 passes in week 2, your week 1 rating counts twice as much as your week 2 rating.
The rating is compiled on all of his stats put together, so for that example, it would be how he faired on those 45 passes.

Example: If Brady was 37 for 52 and 5 TDs and 2 INTs after 2 games, and then the third game he went 16 for 25, with 1 TD and 3 INTs, his rating would be based on 53 for 77, with 6 TDs and 5 INTs, the total of all games combined.

I thought this was simple enough...

Thank goodness we have prideful men playing the game who know it doesn't matter!

Drewwho said:

Given that he had 500+ attempts coming into the game, he could have gone 0-8 without it affecting his overall rating...we have more important things to worry about...

PatsFanSince74 said:
Given that he had 500+ attempts coming into the game, he could have gone 0-8 without it affecting his overall rating...we have more important things to worry about...

OK OK OK...it was just a question. Thanks for all the great information. Much appreciated!

Drewwho said:

I don't actually know, but I'm certain it would be weighted accordingly. I don't think they simply add up the 16 ratings for the regular season and average them. I believe they add up all the plays, all the passes, all the completions, all the interceptions, all the yardage, etc, and compute one grand rating for the season. In effect, 8 passes in just 1 quarter won't have much of an impact. It's like he played only a quarter game; his rating would go down only 1/64 the difference of his pre-game rating to the single game rating... less than a point. Even if he played a full game, a 50 rating would probably only shave about 3 points.

1. It's passer rating not passing rating.
2. It's affected not effected.
3. It's who cares we are a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill