PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anybody love the NFL but hates College Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have zero interest, just a bunch of kids whos names i dont know, or have heard of and will very shortly forget.

Same here. I try to like it, but I just can't. I think it's from growing up in a place (RI) without any kind of major college football program.

Huh? I thought RISD was a real powerhouse. :rolleyes:

I'm right there with you. Who gives a crap? They don't get paid, there's 900 teams, most of the games are blowouts, and the playoff system is horrendous.

I'm with this.

Plus I hate the bands....

Football speaking wise I don't think Pa St has much in common with the Northeast.

How can you say this? Historically they are considered a northeastern team. How many times do they have to go undefeated (only to hear national commentators say, Yeah but they're from the northeast) before you're convinced?

How can you say this? Historically they are considered a northeastern team. How many times do they have to go undefeated (only to hear national commentators say, Yeah but they're from the northeast) before you're convinced?

I think we just agree to disagree.

... i do. I could give two bleeps about College Football.
anybody else?

I think if one attended a big-time football college it increases your interest dramatically. Since I went to UMass, Amherst it's hard to get too excited. I must admit I follow BC very closely every year since they're the only game in town at the div 1A level

Last edited:
Do people remember or even realize that many people thought the pros were a gimmick and the NFL had a hard time developing a fan base because of college football?

Or without college football there would not be an NFL?

Or 99% of the college football players are playing strictly for the love of the game and will never see the NFL?

Or the option is the staple of college football and was very much so the staple of the NFL for many years? If you complain about the option in college, then you probably wouldn't have been an NFL fan or a packers fan of the 60's for that matter.

Yes, it is a different flavor than the pro game and obviously the overall play is better. But unlike the pros the majority of the players are playing for the pure love of the game and all of them (except the few that transfer) will always associate themselves with one college.

Do people remember or even realize that many people thought the pros were a gimmick and the NFL had a hard time developing a fan base because of college football?

Or without college football there would not be an NFL?

So by that reasoning, baseball fans should be cricket fans and football fans should be rugby fans because without those two sports we wouldn't have the other two.

So by that reasoning, baseball fans should be cricket fans and football fans should be rugby fans because without those two sports we wouldn't have the other two.

And basketball fans should love peaches!

All you need to know about how much of a mess college football is that they were saying on ESPN that Ohio St hasn't played a game in over 50 days. That would be like playing the championship games on the 2oth and then sending the teams home and playing the Super Bowl on St Patrick's day. There is no chance that you will ever get an accurate representation of how good teams are under these circumstances.

This is how they decide their championship?

Right, and we're all British...

Any other extremes that you would care to take it too?

If I wanted to watch kids play ball I'd go down to the park.

Right, and we're all British...

Any other extremes that you would care to take it too?

Sure, I can play this game all day.

Calm down. Okay, I acknowledge that college football was around before the NFL but it doesn't mean I have to like it because I'm a fan of the pros.

All you need to know about how much of a mess college football is that they were saying on ESPN that Ohio St hasn't played a game in over 50 days. That would be like playing the championship games on the 2oth and then sending the teams home and playing the Super Bowl on St Patrick's day. There is no chance that you will ever get an accurate representation of how good teams are under these circumstances.

This is how they decide their championship?

I don't like the bowl system at all. There should be a playoff but I doubt it will happen. To much money in the bowl games and there are a lot of traditionalists that can't get away from the polls. Hence the BCS computer crap, it caters to the traditionalist and to the big money bowls all the while avoiding a playoff.

Sure, I can play this game all day.

Calm down. Okay, I acknowledge that college football was around before the NFL but it doesn't mean I have to like it because I'm a fan of the pros.

I don't recall referring to you and that comment definitly didn't come from anything I read from you. It was partly in reference to a particular post and the overall college bashing by people that obviously don't know and admittantly don't follow college football.

Sometimes I think a lot of New Englanders spend a little to much time on their high horse. Constantly crapping on things that they either don't care about or understand - or just generically dogging a region that most have never visited. It gets old, especially when it takes over a thread.

Much like Penn State isn't a northeastern college? last I checked Pennsylvania was above the mason - dixon line and it is on the east coast.

The majority of the country considers DC to be in the Northeast, but they must be wrong because the people of New England disagree?

Last edited:
Sometimes I think a lot of New Englanders spend a little to much time on their high horse. Constantly crapping on things that they either don't care about or understand

Like NASCAR. (Thank the gods for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back