Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Saints
Pick Results: NO: 12.2% at NE: 87.8%

Sun
Sep 26th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Tread is the story of Marv Heemeyer, who in 2004, took an armor plated bulldozer on a rampage thru a small town, destroying buildings and property of people he thought did him wrong... Its kinda fascinating how in the beginning we hear his tapes, and get an idea where he is coming from... then the docu makers start interjecting interviews with the people adversely affected by his actions... leaves us thinking ole Marv was a couple cans short of a six pack...

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Tread is the story of Marv Heemeyer, who in 2004, took an armor plated bulldozer on a rampage thru a small town, destroying buildings and property of people he thought did him wrong... Its kinda fascinating how in the beginning we hear his tapes, and get an idea where he is coming from... then the docu makers start interjecting interviews with the people adversely affected by his actions... leaves us thinking ole Marv was a couple cans short of a six pack...

I saw that one. Did anyone treat him with respect? I didn't see it. There are people who understand the system/game and those that don't. He didn't but the town took advantage of his ignorance and let him fall. He erupted with retaliation. That's what I remember. Am I wrong.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
I saw that one. Did anyone treat him with respect? I didn't see it. There are people who understand the system/game and those that don't. He didn't but the town took advantage of his ignorance and let him fall. He erupted with retaliation. That's what I remember. Am I wrong.
i think that some element of that happened, for sure.

I also got the feeling that Marv was a little off center; and an imagined slight is just as provoking as an actual insult sometimes. Personally I came away with the thought that he was seeing conspiracies against him where none existed.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
i think that some element of that happened, for sure.

I also got the feeling that Marv was a little off center; and an imagined slight is just as provoking as an actual insult sometimes. Personally I came away with the thought that he was seeing conspiracies against him where none existed.

Didn't they block his access street? It's been awhile since I watched it. Maybe I should watch it again.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Didn't they block his access street? It's been awhile since I watched it. Maybe I should watch it again.
there was an issue with a right of way to connect to water and sewer services. Marv said they refused to give him the easement and the people they interviewed said they did indeed tell him he could connect via a right of way... lots of inconsistencies between both sides... and im not arguing that the good old boys in that town didnt take some shots at him, make his road a little but tougher... but Marv, well he jumped off into the deep end of an empty pool

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
there was an issue with a right of way to connect to water and sewer services. Marv said they refused to give him the easement and the people they interviewed said they did indeed tell him he could connect via a right of way... lots of inconsistencies between both sides... and im not arguing that the good old boys in that town didnt take some shots at him, make his road a little but tougher... but Marv, well he jumped off into the deep end of an empty pool

Ok. I'm going to watch it tonight for a refresher. Be prepared for a fierce debate or not. Haha.

BaconGrundleCandy

#1 Mac Jones fan
PatsFans.com Supporter
We talk about this all the time at my work (construction)

I'll watch it when I can. Did they cut/shoot his hydraulic line to get him to stop moving?

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
We talk about this all the time at my work (construction)

I'll watch it when I can. Did they cut/shoot his hydraulic line to get him to stop moving?
No ...
It wasn't an ordinary dozer... it was a dozer on steroids... was stopped by driving the dozer into a building which had a basement... one track got stuck... looked like they couldn't get to the hydraulics because of the armor plating he installed... they even dropped flash bang grenades down the exhaust to try and stop it...