PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doc Rivers Signs an Extension with the Celtics

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Makes no sense to me. Doc is an idiot at strategy, matchups, and managing the rotation. This move pushes me toward the 'fire Ainge' camp as well, because now I am seriously questioning Ainge's judgement aside from his draft skills.

Give Doc about 15-20 games next year, if there is no significant improvement, bye bye Doc.. same for Ainge. The owners gotta believe things will get better, if not these guys are on a very short leash.

Give Doc about 15-20 games next year, if there is no significant improvement, bye bye Doc.. same for Ainge. The owners gotta believe things will get better, if not these guys are on a very short leash.

I wouldn't dump Ainge. His trades are questionable, but his eye for talent is undeniable. Considering where the c's have drafted, he's picked incredibley well. The C's need some luck this year with respect to the ping pongs. Should they get 1 or 2, we'll be singing a different tune. Don't think that the 1 year extension is an anchor of any kind. If they feel the need to, they will let him go. The thing is, this team is extremely young, and they respond well to Doc. At this point, the important thing is to instill a work ethic and coachability into these kids. Doc does do that, although his X's and O's are very, very weak.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back