PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Patriot fans realize they lost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Collins

Banned
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure.

With all the Manning jokes I could have sworn St. Thomas was on his way to another Super Bowl MVP performance.

Seeing as his team got dropped by 14 to a Bronco team that actually got spit out by Pittsburgh is funny.

Pats loss and Denver's is starting to make 21-18 look good.

Tony Collins said:

With all the Manning jokes I could have sworn St. Thomas was on his way to another Super Bowl MVP performance.

Seeing as his team got dropped by 14 to a Bronco team that actually got spit out by Pittsburgh is funny.

Do you realize that the referees in that game were morons and actually handed the game to Denver? Didn't think so, troll. But you've been wrong so many other times, why would you start talking about the truth now.

I guess we can't help but feel our guys are a little superior.
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif

Feel free to post how many your guys have. This decade, I mean.

Pats67 said:
I guess we can't help but feel our guys are a little superior.
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif

Feel free to post how many your guys have. This decade, I mean.

And in the scheme of things what does that mean?

Is the 67 based on the verbal score or math?

Last edited:
Tony Collins said:

It means that the Pats won 3 titles in a 4 year span, have been to 4 SBs in a 10 year span, and have a pretty good record over that time. And anyone who is counting them out for next season is clueless.

Sounds like you fit right in there, Tony.

Tony Collins said:

Do Colts fans realize the Pats already have 3 Lombardi's, have the record for most consecutive regular season wins, playoff wins and wins period?

Brady has NOTHING more to prove in the post season while Manning has proven NOTHING in the post season

Tony Collins said:
Do Patriot fans realize they lost ?

Let me help you try to understand Tony.

As Patriots fans the next best thing we enjoy next to winning Super Bowls (and its a great feeling - trust me on that Tony!) is watching Peyton Manning and the Colts choke.

In that respect, while we lament that all our 2nd and 3rd stringers fell short of embarrassing the rest of the league and experiencing another SB win, the Colts really provided a great public service for all in this region by providing the entertainment of yet another choke.

Better yet - they found a whole NEW WAY of choking this year!

First they teased you with the spectre of the "perfect season" - and I was pulling for them to go 16-0 because even though Colts fans disagreed, I knew the pressure of the playoffs would relegate them to football trivia when they eventually did choke.

Next the Colts no longer had their ready made excuses this season (of having to play on the road, in the cold, against teams that were better than them etc.)

If ever the Colts had all the cards in their favor, this was it - all key players were healthy, playing at home, well rested etc. etc. etc.

Then of course Manning and the team come out flat against the Steelers.

Oh sure, not as flat as say, 3 points against the Patriots, but still pretty flat.

Still, they teased their fans, keeping it close, until just under 2 minutes left when Manning was unable to complete a few passes to help his team win.

Then, miraculously, as all the loyal Colts fans were leaving the stadium in disgust, the unthinkable happened. A fumble on the goal line! Recovered by the Colts ... all they had to do was sidestep a slow footed QB and a comeback of historic proportions would have been in the books!

But alas NO! A shoestring tackle places the game back in your beloved Peyton Manning's hands.

Not to worry - as Colts fans have maintained all along, Peyton is unaffected by pressure and is much more of a clutch QB than anyone - he's just never had a chance to prove it... until now.

Do I need to continue or do you recall how that game ended.

A fabulous choke ending that Hollywood couldn't have written any better (unless your selfless QB decided to blame others, like his offensive line for the fact that he choked again... but that would be just too much to hope for!)

So you see Tony, in a sense, New England Patriots fans ARE winners. Not winners in the sense that we have yet another Super Bowl trophy - but winners in the sense that we so much enjoy watching all the new and creative ways that the Colts and Peyton Manning find to choke year after year after year after year.

Is that a little more clear for you now?

Cheers! Enjoy the offseason!

JoeSixPat said:

As Patriots fans the next best thing we enjoy next to winning Super Bowls (and its a great feeling - trust me on that Tony!) is watching Peyton Manning and the Colts choke.

In that respect, while we lament that all our 2nd and 3rd stringers fell short of embarrassing the rest of the league and experiencing another SB win, the Colts really provided a great public service for all in this region by providing the entertainment of yet another choke.

First they teased you with the spectre of the "perfect season" - and I was pulling for them to go 16-0 because even though Colts fans disagreed, I knew the pressure of the playoffs would relegate them to football trivia when they eventually did choke.

Next the Colts no longer had their ready made excuses this season (of having to play on the road, in the cold, against teams that were better than them etc.)

If ever the Colts had all the cards in their favor, this was it - all key players were healthy, playing at home, well rested etc. etc. etc.

Oh sure, not as flat as say, 3 points against the Patriots, but still pretty flat.

Still, they teased their fans, keeping it close, until just under 2 minutes left when Manning was unable to complete a few passes to help his team win.

Then, miraculously, as all the loyal Colts fans were leaving the stadium in disgust, the unthinkable happened. A fumble on the goal line! Recovered by the Colts ... all they had to do was sidestep a slow footed QB and a comeback of historic proportions would have been in the books!

But alas NO! A shoestring tackle places the game back in your beloved Peyton Manning's hands.

Not to worry - as Colts fans have maintained all along, Peyton is unaffected by pressure and is much more of a clutch QB than anyone - he's just never had a chance to prove it... until now.

A fabulous choke ending that Hollywood couldn't have written any better (unless your selfless QB decided to blame others, like his offensive line for the fact that he choked again... but that would be just too much to hope for!)

So you see Tony, in a sense, New England Patriots fans ARE winners. Not winners in the sense that we have yet another Super Bowl trophy - but winners in the sense that we so much enjoy watching all the new and creative ways that the Colts and Peyton Manning find to choke year after year after year after year.

Nice job Joe...Tony? Tony Collins? Were you able to read and comprehend all that he wrote?

Signed: A Smug patriot fan with three Superbowl rings on his fingers.

Tony Collins said:

Blah blah blah.

But did we REALLY lose, Tony? Did we REALLY? I don't think so. I mean, our team didn't make it to the Super Bowl, but we got the next best thing: We got to watch the Colts not get to the SB AGAIN.

The way I see it, Pats Fans still "won".

:p

Well said Joe! Certainly much more eloquently than I could have!

Tony Collins said:

QUOTE]

Do idiot Colts trolls realize that the Colts choked again? :eek:

In keeping with the title on the thread; Does 'tony collins' realize how big a loser he is? Comes to the board of 3X SB winners under a name of a former patriot player and trys smack here.

And, to top it off he's a 'fan' of a team that has never won a thing and a has always choked. There is stupid and there is beyond stupid, and this troll is beyond stupid.

JoeSixPat said:

Hold on a sec. Go a little slower. (I did play for the Patriots, and you know they are not setting Wonderlic records)

So, in other words. Patriot fans feel better about their dregs of a season (Beat 3 teams with winning records) because the Colts lost right?

That is cool. It is a refreshing way to root for teams. So, at say 4:30 on 1/15, Patriot fans stopped hanging themselves for a moment . They were going, "jeez we s***, but the Colts do too!!!!: Cut the noose!!!! I feel great !!!!!"

Or "Brady, Vinatieri, and Brown were awful, but that's okay. Harrison was only 3-52!!!!! AND Vanderkerk missed.......Go PATS!!!!!!!!! The off-season is bright." Forget 41-17 and 40-21.

"Don't know what I'm going to do without my beloved PATS. I can't believe they stunk up the rarified air." That's okay. The Steelers who we beat regularly when the chips are down, beat the Colts!!!!! It's great being in Patriot nation!!!! I mean we were only a Brady INT away from hosting the AFC Championship game!!!!!. GO STEELERS!!!!! I love January!!!!!" Is Ken Hodge still a Bruin????

Here are other sports examples:

So, say I'm a Ranger fan. We lose 3-2 to the Lightning 3 OT's 7th game. Season's over. Sounds like a bad night. But wait, the Devils lost. Wow, I'm on beam. This is terrific.

So, my Mets were eliminated in August again. That's fine. The Red Sox and Yankees both lost in the playoffs. Wow, makes the Mets look good.

How bout my favorite basketball team. (Pick one) They are up 3 games to none. Blow 25 point leads in games 4,5,6,7, and lose the series. That's okay. As long as the Heat lose I'm fine with that.

This is why I'm jealous of Patriot fans. They can spin a horrendous loss into devils food cake with butter cream frosting.

Let's see........Hmmmmm

The fact that my neighbor (who has been a 6 seat Patriot season ticket holder since 1968, told me after that wonderful loss to the Broncos (where the refs screwed the PATS, and the Patriots shouldhavewon,butthe refs,therefs,therefs,therefs,thestarsweren'taligned,andBradyisGOD,andDenverisoverratedandIcan'tbelieveBrownfumbled,andVinatierimissed) football season is over. "I won't watch another game. Could care less if the Colts or Steelers won."

Now, who should I believe????????

Last edited:
Tony Collins said:

Were I you, I'd just go with the voices your head, since they are the only ones who actually like you... :p

Tony Collins said:
Hold on a sec. Go a little slower.

We will obviously need to go alot slower and use small words so that you can better understand the very basic concept that the Colts are a bunch of overrated chokers!!! :p

coltshater said:
We will obviously need to go alot slower and use small words so that you can better understand the very basic concept that the Colts are a bunch of overrated chokers!!! :p

Now be honest.

How would you classify "THE TEAM NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY"

Unless it's in Denver.

Tony Collins said:
Hold on a sec. Go a little slower. (I did play for the Patriots, and you know they are not setting Wonderlic records)

So, in other words. Patriot fans feel better about their dregs of a season (Beat 3 teams with winning records) because the Colts lost right?

That is cool. It is a refreshing way to root for teams. So, at say 4:30 on 1/15, Patriot fans stopped hanging themselves for a moment . They were going, "jeez we s***, but the Colts do too!!!!: Cut the noose!!!! I feel great !!!!!"

Or "Brady, Vinatieri, and Brown were awful, but that's okay. Harrison was only 3-52!!!!! AND Vanderkerk missed.......Go PATS!!!!!!!!! The off-season is bright." Forget 41-17 and 40-21.

"Don't know what I'm going to do without my beloved PATS. I can't believe they stunk up the rarified air." That's okay. The Steelers who we beat regularly when the chips are down, beat the Colts!!!!! It's great being in Patriot nation!!!! I mean we were only a Brady INT away from hosting the AFC Championship game!!!!!. GO STEELERS!!!!! I love January!!!!!" Is Ken Hodge still a Bruin????

Here are other sports examples:

So, say I'm a Ranger fan. We lose 3-2 to the Lightning 3 OT's 7th game. Season's over. Sounds like a bad night. But wait, the Devils lost. Wow, I'm on beam. This is terrific.

So, my Mets were eliminated in August again. That's fine. The Red Sox and Yankees both lost in the playoffs. Wow, makes the Mets look good.

How bout my favorite basketball team. (Pick one) They are up 3 games to none. Blow 25 point leads in games 4,5,6,7, and lose the series. That's okay. As long as the Heat lose I'm fine with that.

This is why I'm jealous of Patriot fans. They can spin a horrendous loss into devils food cake with butter cream frosting.

Let's see........Hmmmmm

The fact that my neighbor (who has been a 6 seat Patriot season ticket holder since 1968, told me after that wonderful loss to the Broncos (where the refs screwed the PATS, and the Patriots shouldhavewon,butthe refs,therefs,therefs,therefs,thestarsweren'taligned,andBradyisGOD,andDenverisoverratedandIcan'tbelieveBrownfumbled,andVinatierimissed) football season is over. "I won't watch another game. Could care less if the Colts or Steelers won."

Tony - Nice job getting yourself banned.

1) The Patriot Players are amongst the smartest in the league.

2) What dregs season? Despite all the injuries that the Patriots had, they made it to the 2nd round of the play-offs. Kinda hard to feel bad about that. So the Pats only beat 3 teams who had winning records. With the schedule they had and the injuries that occured, it was pretty impressive for them to have gotten that much.

3) Harrison has been on the injured list since week 3 of the season. What is this 3-52 garbage you mentioned? Oh wait. Never mind. You won't be able to answer. Brady played well, but had 1 pass get away from him that was a momentum changer. Of course, that play doesn't happen had the Pass Interference been called properly against Lelie and not against Samuel. And, had there been cameras in the proper areas, we would know, for certain, whether or not the ball went through the endzone on Bailey's fumble.

4) The Pats could have over-come the Brady Int had the referees been calling the holding on the Denver O-line. Sorry, but when Ty Warren has an open shot at Plummer, but get his jersey pulled keeping him from getting there, you've got to call it. Happened on at least 3 plays, 2 of them led to TDs.

5) There is no spinning. That is you being stupid. Pats fans realized that they had a mountian of issues to over-come and it didn't happen. But the Patriots also are not hyped like Peyton Manning is. The guy will go down in history as the greatest choke artist to ever play the game. Heck, He will make everyone forget about the Jets kicker who shanked 2 last year to cost them a bid at the AFC Championship. Or the Bills kicker who shanked one to lose the SB for the Bills. Or even that Colts kicker who has been stupid enough to do dumb hand gestures prior to making critical kicks, only to botch them.. Who was that again????

See, Tony, many of the pundits were picking against the Patriots to do anything this year. And when the team was 4-4, most of the pundits had the Patriots not even making the play-offs. So, forgive us if we feel vindicated that our team over-came a multitude of severe injuries and STILL managed to make the play-offs. Somethin that the likes of the Vikings and Eagles couldn't do.

Tony Collins said:

I scored high enough on both to understand you deftly avoided answering the question. I understand why.

Tony Collins said:
I am so glad you are banned pretending to be The Tony Collins which is horse crap. You never set foot on a football field, we can tell by the way you answer the question. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes