PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dividends on MICHEL pick starting to pay off EDIT: paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go watch top 10 rated WRs at the moment (outside Isabella) and tell if there is a difference between them. If not you can have one of them at the bottom of the 3rd. I do like some later rounders/UDFAs for Pats w better upside than Berrios who i think has a chance (Renfrow, maybe Sills, Anthony Johnson, Ryan Davis etc.). They might make some Cooks move in FA first again esp. if Gronk retires. Pity they missed out on Tate..

The highest skill player to take is TE Hockenson if he doesn't skyrocket..
Agree. Love Hockenson

Interesting to hear that McDaniels claims that Michel is good in the passing game and they've just given the reps to the other guys because it's their speciality. Looking forward to seeing what they unveil in the Super Bowl.

Josh McDaniels beams with praise for Sony Michel

Interesting to hear that McDaniels claims that Michel is good in the passing game and they've just given the reps to the other guys because it's their speciality. Looking forward to seeing what they unveil in the Super Bowl.

Josh McDaniels beams with praise for Sony Michel
Clearly he doesn't have the passing game experience at the pro level or in this offense that Sweet Feet, Burk or even Develin have but I do agree with Josh that his blitz pickup is pretty good.

With that said I would rather have White or Burk in the passing game than Sony. Just have more options.

At some point it would be beneficial for him to have credibility in the passing game as that would keep defenses guessing.

I'd like him to have a long career and I'm afraid if hes a 50 catch/250 carry a year guy that'll hurt him long term.

He showed way too much ability at Uof G not to be impactful in the passing game next year.

He'll get there. Just hope they don't burn him out. Especially if the knee needs managing

He doesn't even have his top speed back just yet. I expect him to get that edge next season, along with more involvement in the passing game when he gets more of the blitz stuff down.

This is what im leaning towards, burkhead was fresher and probably more effective in the 2nd half. Sony looked great in the first half but he looked very tentative to me in the 2nd half. Maybe the big stage , and again 29 carries is alot
He's played in the national champ game against Alabama though.

He's played in the national champ game against Alabama though.
This. He didn't play at a rinky-dink program. Someone like Goff, who played at Cal, a .500 program that makes the #Oldguyswillbemadiffutureprosskipthisgame.com Bowl every 3 years, did.

Sometimes that stuff matters, sometimes it doesn't, but it's something to consider.

Maybe

There may be more value at other positions: DE, DT, LB, QB, TE

I do, however, find it a bit difficult to believe that there aren’t any first, second, or third round WRs available who could fit the system. There may not be many who have both speed and size, but there is most definitely one or the other.

Yea but nfl playoff game at arrowhead, much stiffer competition
Stiffer competition yeah, but in terms of stadium I think college stadiums are more intimidating.

Stiffer competition yeah, but in terms of stadium I think college stadiums are more intimidating.

The atmosphere itself yeah. I would think mentally it’s different still, as a rookie you go from big fish in a little pond to vice versa.

My prediction is that Michel runs for 100+ yards and 1+ TD’s.

He’s been really impressive these last 2 weeks.

I wonder what Mazz thinks now?

My prediction is that Michel runs for 100+ yards and 1+ TD’s.

He’s been really impressive these last 2 weeks.

I wonder what Mazz thinks now?

Gawd....

I have no comment. Watching that clip is all you need to know about those two asshats

Nope

I think everyone knows that going to the Super Bowl is the top of the mountain for football players.
I'm talking more specifically to captivating a broader audience. Not the players.

Looking at Michel, he has roughly been close to 100% for only 11 games.

He was injured during camp, had to get settled in vs Jax and Det, injured vs Chi and settle back in vs Ten.

In those other 11 games when he was healthy, he averaged 94 yards per game.

I think Michel will be more versatile next season to make the offense more unpredictable. With a full offseason under his belt, he is ready to take off.

Bill thought he needed a playmaker at RB who could run the ball and was willing to expend significant draft capital to do it.

We can debate if picking said player 1/31 was smart but you can't argue with the result.

Oh, look here. Sony Michel has the most yards rushing in the postseason. How did that happen? A lot of people said he was a JAG. I guess he was just a rookie who missed preseason and the start of the regular season. Yes, that must be it. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Oh, look here. Sony Michel has the most yards rushing in the postseason. How did that happen? A lot of people said he was a JAG. I guess he was just a rookie who missed preseason and the start of the regular season. Yes, that must be it. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player
Hes been incredible.

I loved Sony from day 1. Look at his ridiculous college highlight reel. As good as he has been he still hasn't looked like those highlight reels and I suspect it is because his knee still needs some time to heal.

I love his style but it doesn't always work in obvious short yardage situations. Those situations actually seem best suited to Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back