PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Dislike' vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dislike what someone says then reply to their post and explain to them why you disagree with what they're saying.

I like this idea, although I can say that there has been a time or two when I thought a simple 'Dislike' option would save me so much of my precious time in responding to nonsense.

why be a hater? If you don't like it, don't click the like link.

We used to have something like thumbs up and thumbs down. The board survived. The only nasty issue here was Ian's way too slow response in kicking NEM off the board.

Bring back NEM! Bring back NEM! Bring back NEM! :) I actually liked the guy. Thought he was funny, and harmless.

LOL - what do we need that for? Everyone who dislikes what someone else says comes right out and says so around here.

This thread is a pretty good example of showing dislike without a button

Seeing a lot of reasons here saying if you don't like a post, just post a reply or quote the message and say you don't like it.

If that's the reasoning, what do we need a like button for then? Just post a reply or quote the message and say you like it...

The only reason I'm not a fan of a "dislike" button is because its too general. It would be more relatable to PatsFans if posts could be labeled "Made of Glass" and "Bust" and "Blow it up" and "Jet Fan" :)

Being ussually at least one person will voice a reason for disliking something the alternate like button works fine.

E.g. at the current time the orignal post has 4 likes.

my post disagreeing with it has 8 likes.

You can consider that the same as your original post getting 8 dislikes. Acutally 9 as i could have dislike it too.

Agree with the sentiment of some on here.

A like is a pretty simple concept..... It's very easy for a reader (all readers)to determine why others like a particular post (be it cuz it's witty, or factual, etc...), but it would be way to to difficult to determine why someone dislikes a post.

Motives could range from "I think you are wrong", "Dude, you are not funny", "This post has horrible grammar" or "We had an argument 6 months ago, so I just don't like you and will continue to dislike everything you say on principle".

For the everyday reader, when I see "likes" I tend to tune in more, because, there is likely good info in there or something witty to make me smile. A dislike would probably do the same thing, except make the reader have to try to discern why a post was "disliked". They'd probably guess wrong 90% of the time.

Way easier to do it the old fashion way...... Quote what you dislike and then blast em' :D

Last edited:
Seeing a lot of reasons here saying if you don't like a post, just post a reply or quote the message and say you don't like it.

If that's the reasoning, what do we need a like button for then? Just post a reply or quote the message and say you like it...

The like button, to me, is better than having to quote a post and say "good one." In most cases, since you agree with the post, what more can you say that's not redundant? If on the other hand you dislike/disagree, to me that merits an explanation. In other words, the "like" button and the absence of a "dislike" button both keep the conversation going.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of the "like" vote. So I am not for the "dislike" vote either. I think like the star system, it will get too personal and just create more problems than they are worth.

The like button, to me, is better than having to quote a post and say "good one." In most cases, since you agree with the post, what more can you say that's not redundant? If on the other hand you dislike/disagree, to me that merits an explanation. In other words a "like" button and no "dislike" button both keep the conversation going.

Good one :eek: :cool:

Agree with the sentiment of some on here.

A like is a pretty simple concept..... It's very easy for a reader (all readers)to determine why others like a particular post (be it cuz it's witty, or factual, etc...), but it would be way to to difficult to determine why someone dislikes a post.

Motives could range from "I think you are wrong", "Dude, you are not funny", "This post has horrible grammar" or "We had an argument 6 months ago, so I just don't like you and will continue to dislike everything you say on principle".

For the everyday reader, when I see "likes" I tend to tune in more, because, there is likely good info in there or something witty to make me smile. A dislike would probably do the same thing, except make the reader have to try to discern why a post was "disliked". They'd probably guess wrong 90% of the time.

Way easier to do it the old fashion way...... Quote what you dislike and then blast em' :D

I like this post.

:D

The like button, to me, is better than having to quote a post and say "good one." In most cases, since you agree with the post, what more can you say that's not redundant? If on the other hand you dislike/disagree, to me that merits an explanation. In other words, the "like" button and the absence of a "dislike" button both keep the conversation going.

Now, see... here's a good example of where a "dislike" button would have come in handy.

Now, see... here's a good example of where a "dislike" button would have come in handy.

I take it you disagree for reasons that need no explaining?

We should trade Brady

I take it you disagree for reasons that need no explaining?

Eery bit as much as those who "like" for reasons that need no explaining. The notion that one is somehow a perfect follow while the other isn't is an extremely silly one.

I like to dislike but dislike over likers who really dislike but click like, most likely out of fear of dislike rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes