PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon Chucking the Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWesleyan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
What's your read on that? Was he just fired up? He looked pissed off at something. Pissed that he wasn't getting used more?

I have no real knowledge on the subject, but my initial thought was that he probably felt he'd taken a dirty hit.

"I'm sorry ref, but it was that or punch the guy" is one of the best penalty-avoiding excuses I can think of ...

He was frustrated because he wasnt included in the O with us going 5 wide all nite. The few times he did get it he was stuffed big time. So he finally broke out and has a big play and just let it all out.

I thought it should have been a penalty. Then again, this was not a very well officiated game.

To me it looked like the guy ho tackled him yanked his face mask and I think he was pissed it wasn't called.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
I thought it should have been a penalty. Then again, this was not a very well officiated game.

They should have thrown a flag for delay of game. Not a classy move by Dillon.

He does need to be careful, the refs are so flag happy that we really don't need to be doing those things.

BB was just resting him up for Indy.

R

GoWesleyan said:
What's your read on that? Was he just fired up? He looked pissed off at something. Pissed that he wasn't getting used more?

Shoulda been a flag on it, was my first thought. I was pleased, but surprised, there wasn't. If the other team did it, I'd be a bit curious.

I guess it's ok as long as it's nto "in the face" of an opponent, or taunting.

I think there was more to it than just Dillon. On the very next play, Watson caught a pass over the middle and after being tackled he spiked the ball. It wasn't as obvious as Dillon's, but it was obvious enough that I was worried they may throw the flag on him to prevent it from continuing.

Something was up. Not sure what though. Maybe some s**t talking by the Vikes got them fired up.

I could be wrong here folks, but I think I remember Mike Periera (the NFL's head of officiating who regularly appears on NFL Network's Total Access show) addressing this thing earlier in the season.

He said it is called as a taunting penalty when the player is facing the other players and spikes it in their direction, which if I remember correctly, Dillon did away from the players.

Either way, a bad move.

Last edited:
Fencer said:
I have no real knowledge on the subject, but my initial thought was that he probably felt he'd taken a dirty hit.

I agree - it was a borderline late hit. The guy came flying over the top and nailed him in the head when he was down.

I thought it was two things (I have to watch the tape), but I think he had a face mask in the run and then he had the late hit.

Either way... Dillon's gotta be careful with that stuff. No throwing the ball across the field like that.

I love it when Dillon gets fired up, but you just can't throw the ball like that.

But yeah... that officiating was Fugly last night, so yeah.

SaCaCh said:
He was frustrated because he wasnt included in the O with us going 5 wide all nite. The few times he did get it he was stuffed big time. So he finally broke out and has a big play and just let it all out.

I am pretty sure that he knew early this week that he wasn't going to be used much. The game plan was obvious.

How can you say he was frustrated, when every time they showed him on the sideline he was smiling/joking or cheering on his teammates? Nothing he did last night indicated he was frustrated by not be including in the offense.

My theory on it is, the Vikings were talking a lot of sh!t or they were taking cheap shots in the pile. Both Watson and Dillon were doing things that were unchararistic of our team while they had the game well in the bag.

Either way both Dillon and Watson should have been flagged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back