PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dilfer drinking the Koolaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsigater

On the Roster
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this but interesting to see the change in Dilfer's attitude toward Tebow.

From Dilfer's Twitter account:

Final thoughts this week after watching EVERY TT snap this year. A lot to unpack here, but I will try to keep brief

TT has shown MASSIVE improvement the last two games (MIN & Chi). Seeing it better, footwork, stroke, rhythm & accuracy.

Tebow: Obvious by watching tape that he will have more open receivers than most because the threat of his DESIGNED runs & option

This unique O puts D in HUGE conflict! It breaks rules, creates 1 on 1 tackling situations, & spreads secondaries thin.

Tebow: Bronco's empty package(no backs),creates the most conflict for D, TT ability to be a power runner creates open rec in pass

Tebow: EVERY empty formation pass play they have run as atleast 1 open rec, many times WIDE OPEN!

Vs. Bears TT had 5 dropped passes past 1st down marker, 4 drives they punted the other one was at the end of the half

Playing tight man accentuates the passing challenges, but exposes the D to the option game.Option FB runs D out of man cov

Initially I didn't think this type of offense was sustainable, but w/TT dramatic improvements & conflict I see D in,I pause

The key that allows him to not be as "pure" a passer & still have success is the DESIGNED runs.He must stay healthy 4 this

It goes w/out saying he needs to continue to make significant improvements,but based on what I've seen in 11 starts,he will

ONLY 11 STARTS, yet I & so many others forgot to see him through that lens.This will continue to be a fascinating study

An offseason of working on the RIGHT stuff & increasing his FB IQ will have a tremendous impact on his game.

For u simple minds out there, mobile QB's & this QB who dictates looks w/designed runs are two TOTALLY different things!

https://twitter.com/TDESPN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back