PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't BB like LB Clark from the Raiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I saw Clark was cut by the Raiders. I seem to remember BB praising him before and after last years opener. The Raiders board claims he was cut for financial reasons. Anybody know the story with this guy and would he be a fit here.

29...good size...118 tackles last year in the 3-4...

Patsbacker said:
29...good size...118 tackles last year in the 3-4...
Was that the 2003 season when Ryan tried a 3-4, or the 2005 season when they had been back in the 4-3 for two years? He's the most interesting LB prospect I've seen on the wire overnight.

Clark looks pretty good, young for our linebackers but still has experience. He made 113 tackles last season and 130 the year before. He supposedly can play the run well, but not too good in the passing game, maybe a Ted johnson type? And foxsports says that while he makes alot of tackles alot of them are past the line of scrimmage.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=70996

jaj18 said:
Clark looks pretty good, young for our linebackers but still has experience. He made 113 tackles last season and 130 the year before. He supposedly can play the run well, but not too good in the passing game, maybe a Ted johnson type? And foxsports says that while he makes alot of tackles alot of them are past the line of scrimmage.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=70996
Interesting link, can anyone translate the "IDP Studs" in the Impact notes?

I'd take a shot at him. One of the things that stands out for me is that he's only missed 3 games in 6 years. BB always talks about the players ability to stay on the field, and he seems to have it.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Interesting link, can anyone translate the "IDP Studs" in the Impact notes?
Fantasy lingo - Individual Defesive Player vs. league that have team defenses. Bottom line, Clark was a good fantasy player racking up the tackles. Whether they were 6 yards downfield, I have no idea.

BelichickFan said:
Fantasy lingo - Individual Defesive Player vs. league that have team defenses. Bottom line, Clark was a good fantasy player racking up the tackles. Whether they were 6 yards downfield, I have no idea.
Ick! Fantasy.....I rarely hear cheerleaders mentioned in fantasy football discussions, I just can't believe that is healthy! Now if PATSNUTme can develop a cheerleader fantasy league...:rolleyes:

I'm adding my voice to those who are curious about Danny Clark. He seems like a tackler, who'd provide depth at ILB (which we would seem to need). The comments by some raider fans over his cut are at least as passionate as some of us have been over Bam Childress. One fan, posting comments to an article mainly about the Gabriel trade, groaned:

"I don't understand the Clark cut with Sam William's health history. But what he offered as a back-up, special teams and in the locker room was priceless. True professional and this decision will come back to haunt us later in the season."

This poster was not alone. Here's the link to the article http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_4282593, and you can read the comments separately if you like.

Consider me curious. Of course, someone would have to go, and BB seems to be more concerned with skilled special teamers than the linebacker position at the moment. Although, it sounds as if Clark would be happy to play special teams as well (a replacement for Gardner?).

More thoughts from the better-informed appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down