PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I can't stand these people.

-Trippin Tomlin.
-Their deflated football issues.
-the walkie talkie sh*t.
-and their 70's pharmaceutical superteams.

And they question OUR accomplishments?

Spygate was about camera location rules in a 2007 memo. How the hell these drunken f*cktards think this has anything to do with any of our games against them is beyond me.

The sooner that fan base dies of Patriot-envy induced alcohol poisoning, the better.

this crap makes me so fired up. This is why i wouldve preferred the chiefs. Losing to these guys would be the worst feeling for me.

Did the Squealers cheat against the Seahags in their SB, because more likely than not, they paid off the refs.

Dunno about payoffs but would it surprise anyone if that came from the league? Rooney is looked at favorably with the owners. And it was a nice retirement present for the Bus and all. Goodell wasn't around then but I still wouldn't put it past them at all especially knowing what we know now.

It was the only Super Bowl in history where the referee apologized to the opposing teams fans for impacting the result of the game. In other words...

Anyone read that "Spygate the untold story" conspiracy theory book? I knew it had to be from a Steelers fan and it was.

so not Biased at all

got it

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
IMG_0884.PNG

How many Super Bowls have the black and gold turds cheated away from other teams? I can't stand Pisspuke and their inbred fans.
I hope the Pats boat-race these clowns.

I just remembered that last play of the Ari/Pit SB. Warner got sacked, and they claimed is was a fumble, but it looked like his arm was going forward. I always wondered why they decided so quick on that. Fizgerald was on fire, a hail mary would not be out of the question.

Pretty crazy to think the Patriots are the Evil Empire and they are the good guys. How did that happen? Oh yeah, we have Goodell and his made up scandal that never happened.

In a game in 1992, John Madden explained that it was common practice to film the opponent's defensive coordinator giving the signals as well as having multiple people watching him to figure them out.

John Madden talked about filming opposing team's signals in 1992

"Lot of calling going on down there," Madden says, referring to the Redskins making signs for play-call purposes. "The backup quarterback, the coach, they have three or four guys giving a signal. Because usually when you play a team in your division, they also have films of the game, but they've also videotaped your signal callers."

Last edited:
Ever notice how the vast majority of Steeler fans (and writers) simply trot out a worn out myth, treat it as fact, and then expect or demand someone defending the Patriots to come up with proof that the alleged consequence did not happen?

That's the beauty about conspiracy theories. The supposed victim (Steelers) only has to offer a rumor or oft-repeated line; to the yinzers that passes as evidence. And since you cannot disprove a negative, the inability to do so is further proof in their clouded minds that they are correct. From there it is a very short step to use that 'proof' as a launching pad to convict on any new gossip, based on prior 'crimes'.

Starkey's Mailbag: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Joe Starkey, @JoeStarkey1: You never answered your own question, jerk: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of a Super Bowl or two?

Starkey: Hi, Joe. I’m going to say no in 2001, despite Hines Ward’s protestations. I’m a lot more suspicious of 2004, when the Patriots likely stole the Steelers’ defensive hand signals during a regular-season game at Heinz Field and came back here for the AFC championship.
First of all, that's allowed

Second of all, if Pittsburgh didn't mix up their hand signals then they deserve what they get.

Third of all, I don't buy it. He makes it sound like the fact the NE played Pittsburgh during the regular season led them to be able to steal their signals. But if you are stealing signals, why would playing them in the regular season matter? You can get the video for all 16 games anyway.

We violated a 2006 memo in 2001 or 2004?

590b6469d61781dc13df90624d7b84d1.jpg

Well, if indeed we "stole" your signals. then who's fault is that, that you never "changed" your signals? Don't even average coaches do that regularly.
Good Lord, my nephew's junior varisty baseball team does that regularly.

We violated a 2006 memo in 2001 or 2004?

590b6469d61781dc13df90624d7b84d1.jpg

The best part of that "logic" by Steelers fans is that, when you bring up the steroid abuse by their team in the 70s, they're quick to say that steroids weren't outlawed until the 80s. When you bring up your point, that a 2006 memo doesn't affect 2005 and earlier, they think that's absurd.

The best part of that "logic" by Steelers fans is that, when you bring up the steroid abuse by their team in the 70s, they're quick to say that steroids weren't outlawed until the 80s. When you bring up your point, that a 2006 memo doesn't affect 2005 and earlier, they think that's absurd.

And while it is true that steroids weren't outlawed until the 80s...that is only relevant to the act of being prescribed them for a valid medical reason with a valid prescription.

On the other hand ABUSING steroids or any other prescription drug such as using them as a PED which is what the 70s Steelers were doing - that was never legal in the NFL or at all in this country.

There's a huge difference between use and ABUSE. So to claim innocence using that argument is disingenuous.

They were absolutely cheats, no question about it. I'm sure a few teams were too but none of them had a championship dynasty like Pitt did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back