PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Lobel get his props?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just got on the board, and couldn't quickly find any threads about this, but Lobel called EL Globo out today for the trash articles ON GAME DAY about "Payment Due" for Asante and Borges garbage about Big Sey. Of course, Fuglie kissed his buddie's butt, but Lobel wouldn't back off, saying it was cheap and tacky to print something at this time. For one time I gotta say Way To Bring It Bob!

Just got on the board, and couldn't quickly find any threads about this, but Lobel called EL Globo out today for the trash articles ON GAME DAY about "Payment Due" for Asante and Borges garbage about Big Sey. Of course, Fuglie kissed his buddie's butt, but Lobel wouldn't back off, saying it was cheap and tacky to print something at this time. For one time I gotta say Way To Bring It Bob!
Finally someone in the Boston media has the guts to call out the Globe-sox.

Excuse my ignorance,who is "El Globo",Borgess??I dont get the Boston papers...

you know what, theyre just doing their jobs.. i cant knock em for it.. its the players who i think we should be mad at.. why is samuel doing an interview like that in the first place before the game on his contract?

Excuse my ignorance,who is "El Globo",Borgess??I dont get the Boston papers...

"El Globo" is the Boston Globe (who is owned by the NY Times) and owns 14% of the Red Sox. No conflict of interest there :rolleyes:

Borgess is a writer for said Globe who constantly writes negative articles about the Pats. Just this Friday the Globe said that the reason the Pats went for it on fourth-down so much this year was because BB didn't trust the rooky kicker. (Which isn't true and was pure speculation)

IMO, the Boston media sucks! It's so lopsided (to the left) and the writers are the absolute worst. When they're not trying to make themselves part of the story (by going any sports radio, TV or any other media outlet they can get their grubby little hands on) they are busy rooting against the Big Four teams (Red Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celts). Then they call anyone and everyone who is the least bit optimistic about their team's chances a "homer".

"El Globo" is the Boston Globe (who is owned by the NY Times) and owns 14% of the Red Sox. No conflict of interest there :rolleyes:

Borgess is a writer for said Globe who constantly writes negative articles about the Pats. Just this Friday the Globe said that the reason the Pats went for it on fourth-down so much this year was because BB didn't trust the rooky kicker. (Which isn't true and was pure speculation)

IMO, the Boston media sucks! It's so lopsided (to the left) and the writers are the absolute worst. When they're not trying to make themselves part of the story (by going any sports radio, TV or any other media outlet they can get their grubby little hands on) they are busy rooting against the Big Four teams (Red Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celts). Then they call anyone and everyone who is the least bit optimistic about their team's chances a "homer".

Good explanation oldskool, and pretty accurate, too. Though there are some fair writers in town, who realize that they write and observe and question as the fan's representative, such as Reiss, most are elitist garbage who feel its their duty to rip the Pats every chance they get. They will continue to further their own interest and that of their owners and step on all competition for the sports dollar in town. Until today, I thought Lobel was one of their minions. He proved me wrong today.

Good for Lobel! I read that Samuel F'n hack story early this morning and was very surprised at both the story appearing and Samuels for going there with a big playoff game only hours away. Hey, it's the Globe. It should be expected. Hopefully Samuel had talked to the reporter days ago and it was just the Globe itself who is to blame.

Good for Lobel! I read that Samuel F'n hack story early this morning and was very surprised at both the story appearing and Samuels for going there with a big playoff game only hours away. Hey, it's the Globe. It should be expected. Hopefully Samuel had talked to the reporter days ago and it was just the Globe itself who is to blame.

Lobel is the man in this case! why does it take someone from friggin' OHIO to have enough guts to step up to Morrisey Blvd?

Thats what Lobel was saying to Fuglie during the Pats pre-game show this AM. It wasn't that this story came out, its the disgusting display by the Glob to run it on a playoff game day. He was obviously very angry and insulted by the Glob's timing to run all negative columns at this particular time. Of course Fuglie tried to back up his butt buddies, but when cornered about the rediculousness of the timing, all Mikey could do was smile and blush like a school boy. It was clear his Sythe master Borgess had clued him in on this earlier.

Lobel is the man in this case! why does it take someone from friggin' OHIO to have enough guts to step up to Morrisey Blvd?

It's a good thing the game time was at 1:00pm.

Any later and the ****tails would have kicked in.

Wait till Sportsfinal. He will be his usual mumbling nitwit self.

But that's OK....Page 6 Steve Burton will pick up the slack... yea right :rolleyes:

He should have called out steve burton too

Thanks oldskool,I know who Borgess is,just didnt know about the Globe stuff.....and yes,glad to see Lobel call these naysayers out!

I click the Globe ONLY for Reiss.

Day or two ago some unknown here tricked me into clicking on Curly Shaugnessy.
Titled his thread, "Shaugnessy finally sees the light."
You may have read it too.

But it was an ambush. The article was deep, thick, bitter sarcasm ...
mocking the team and its fans.

Help the Globe perish !

I saw that segment. It was very annoying how Felger wouldn't stay on topic. Lobel wanted to talk about the timing of the story and why we shouldn't be talking about contracts now. Felger just used the opportunity to slam the FO for not spending money, 3M under the cap, not paying Vinatieri even though kicker is the cheapest position in the league, and so on.

It drove me nuts and reminded me why I what very little pregame.

Thanks oldskool,I know who Borgess is,just didnt know about the Globe stuff.....and yes,glad to see Lobel call these naysayers out!

Yeah, there are a few decent writers in town but they get waaaay overshadowed by Shaughnessy (trying to make a bid at Cooperstown as a writer a la Peter Gammons) and others *cough*Callahan*cough*.

Props to Lobel! The Samuel article was badly conceived and BADLY timed. What did they hope to accomplish by printing it the day of the Pats first play-off game? There are some very little people that work at the Globe (no, not midgets). BB or the rest of the team won't tell them anything in interviews so they have to hit them below the belt with a smarmy article blasted over their "back page". They are trying to queer the Samuel deal before the seasons over.

As Pats fans we know how they run things in Foxboro. They place a dollar value on a player and if another team wants to overpay (in their eyes) they have no problem letting them go. It is what it is...

I gotta say, Lobel has recently been pretty squared away, giving the team its due. Appreciating the current run of greatness for what it is, a once in a lifetime experience akin to the Celtics that may never happen again.

So he gets his props from me. These other scum have outlived their usefulness and need to go away. Now.

I gotta say, Lobel has recently been pretty squared away, giving the team its due. Appreciating the current run of greatness for what it is, a once in a lifetime experience akin to the Celtics that may never happen again.

So he gets his props from me. These other scum have outlived their usefulness and need to go away. Now.

I enjoyed the Bill Russell era. Be VERY greatful for the Brady era. Likely, none of you will ever live to see it again.

I hope I'm wrong.

I click the Globe ONLY for Reiss.

Day or two ago some unknown here tricked me into clicking on Curly Shaugnessy.
Titled his thread, "Shaugnessy finally sees the light."
You may have read it too.

But it was an ambush. The article was deep, thick, bitter sarcasm ...
mocking the team and its fans.

Help the Globe perish !
Reiss is the man, but some props to Gasper and some of the other new guys working with Reiss on the "reporting" side of things.

Borges always throws a negative spin in, but his article about Seymour couldn't have been much more positive.

Borges took an implied shot at Dr, Z. I know Z is old, and I'm assuming he walks with a cane if Wrong is going after him.:D

Lobel just said the photographer BB shoved out of the way was a Globe photographer. Hmmmmm:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes