PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Brady cost the NFL more than the league cost Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm betting the ratings hit without Brady was a lot more than the $2M they hit him with.

And that does not consider the members here declaring when Brady and Belichick retire, they are done with the NFL circus.

It isn't even going to be close...I cared about football in a way I just don't give a f anymore unless it is the Patriots now. My attitude about all things NFL is so negative, I'm not sure what they could do to change it at this point. The damage is done.

F the nfl.

Brady is one of the few superstars out there. Who else is healthy and playing well now? Rodgers is in an off-year. Newton and Big Ben are injured. And who are the elite teams? Aside from the Pats, I'm thinking but nothing happens. :D

Now there is no longer any 'story' to the NFL and people just not interested. There used to be these great matchups built up but that kind of reporting is a thing of the past. Now it's all negative. Who can sling the most crap at other people. Who can defame someone else. And the NFL just lets it happen.

But then the NFL itself joined in and shot themselves in the foot. They devalued their greatest asset. It was stupidity of monumental proportions.

People who believed that tripe now have no reason to watch because they don't want to watch this perceived 'bad guy' always winning. People who didn't believe that crap just hate the NFL and aren't as engaged as they otherwise would be.

This is like PR 101, don't devalue your own product!!!

The NFL used wwe marketing ploys, with the pats and Brady as the bad guys. but the audience is completely different. After all wrazzling is real ain't it? None of that is fixed like the NFL has seemed this year?

I'm betting the ratings hit without Brady was a lot more than the $2M they hit him with.

And that does not consider the members here declaring when Brady and Belichick retire, they are done with the NFL circus.

I do recall, specifics where, in 2008, the NFL lost 100 mil when Brady was out....

so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back