PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant signs w/ Saints [update: torn achilles in practice]

I think it's a good signing plenty of fire power for Brees and Peyton.

Think we did at the same time sorry.:oops:

Think we did at the same time sorry.:oops:

No worries :)

Mods, can you merge the two Dez Bryant threads?

And I agree. Brees has a ton of weapons now. This is the last team I would want to face in the SB.

I dunno if the saints would have been my first choice. Not because the saints are bad, but because they seem pretty set on offense, so his opportunities are going to be pretty low. If he struggles to get on the field, it's going to look pretty bad, their #1-2 WR are set so he's looking at best at #3 in terms of targets.

It seems an odd choice for one of the offenses that I most associate with precise timing and route running, with Brees regularly throwing to a spot before the receiver even makes the break.

I'm still not convinced he's more than a borderline starter at this point but I would also not be at all surprised if he's a stud for them.

I'm still not convinced he's more than a borderline starter at this point but I would also not be at all surprised if he's a stud for them.

He’s going to an offense where Payton and Brees will make sure he gets the ball. He doesn’t have to be a number 1 WR there

This bodes well for Michael Thomas in fantasy leagues. Now in the red zone...everybody will be worried about Bryant and Kamara...and Thomas can pick up some easy TD's!

This bodes well for Michael Thomas in fantasy leagues. Now in the red zone...everybody will be worried about Bryant and Kamara...and Thomas can pick up some easy TD's!
Everyone will be worried about Bryant over Thomas? That's a nice fantasy...;)

Saints have done well with WR's period!

I'm looking for Payton to use him in a manner similar to how he used to use Graham.

I don't see how anyone can call this a bad move by the Saints.

If the Patriots signed Dez I think many fans here would be excited about the potential upside and rightly so.

Their offense is great without him, but if he can get 50 yards per game it’s a win for NO.

I don't see how anyone can call this a bad move by the Saints.

If the Patriots signed Dez I think many fans here would be excited about the potential upside and rightly so.
Eh, not really. He’d be a bad fit here. He’s a much better fit in Payton’s offense.

I predict he will be dnp-coaches decision at least once by the end of the year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back