PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson? (UPDATED: Caserio Says Team Has "no interest" in trading him)

The Pats simply do not have the draft capital to trade for Watson, and imagine the uproar from Houston if Caserio’s first act as GM was to trade Watson to the Pats.

This might be the worst BS ever uttered.

I find Watson a bit overrated. A HOF QB does not let a 24 pt lead turn into a loss. That KC comeback left a lasting negative.impression of Watson to me. I could be wrong he may become a top 10 QB when all.is said and done

Nick Caserio, do us a favor please. Just read if Watson wants to come here, he has the power to do so. He has a no trade clause in his contract and can refuse to waive the clause if he doesnt want to go to a particular team

I don't see the Pats as a desirable landing spot for these diva QBs who are trying to shoot their way out of town, demanding they be involved in the front office decisions, coaching hires, etc...

You think BB is going to tolerate someone demanding to have input into the roster management? He wouldn't even listen to Tom MFing Brady, so he certainly isn't going to listen to a Watson, Wilson, Rogers or anyone else for that matter

Last edited:
I find Watson a bit overrated. A HOF QB does not let a 24 pt lead turn into a loss. That KC comeback left a lasting negative.impression of Watson to me. I could be wrong he may become a top 10 QB when all.is said and done
Hes not a HoF QB. Hes a Qb who is talented, puts up stats and has won absolutely nothing.

How could the 49ers even fit his salary in
Right now they have $20m.

The could...

Get rid of..
Jimmy and save $24m
Dee Ford saves $5.5m

Look at restructures for Tomlinson and Mostert.

Thats $50m.
I think Watson is affordable in 2021

I don't see the Pats as a desirable landing spot for these diva QBs who are trying to shoot their way out of town, demanding they be involved in the front office decisions, coaching hires, etc...

You think BB is going to tolerate someone demanding to have input into the roster management? He wouldn't even listen to Tom MFing Brady, so he certainly isn't going to listen to a Watson, Wilson, Rogers or anyone else for that matter
Little facts make big facts, and this right here is some big m'fing facts.
Check This Out Season 6 GIF by ABC Network

The could...

Get rid of..
Jimmy and save $24m
Dee Ford saves $5.5m

Thats $50m.

The texans should asked for a king’s ransom. The stafford trade made sure of this. 49ers have some holes especially on that secondary.

The texans should asked for a king’s ransom. The stafford trade made sure of this. 49ers have some holes especially on that secondary.
As pat of the deal, my fear is SF will trade Jimmy to HOU. That would blow.

The could...

Get rid of..
Jimmy and save $24m
Dee Ford saves $5.5m

Thats $50m.
That number assumes Dee Ford can pass a physical by April 1. If he can't, then the $11.6M of his salary that's already guaranteed for injury will become fully guaranteed and the 49ers will be screwed.

I heard something like Bosa. this year's #12 and maybe next year's 1st.
As long as Jimmy comes here and we draft a solid QB prospect i'm happy.

That number assumes Dee Ford can pass a physical by April 1. If he can't, then the $11.6M of his salary that's already guaranteed for injury will become fully guaranteed and the 49ers will be screwed.
Yikes!

That’s literally stupid by the 49ers but i think they want the QB as well.

damn that might be a win win for both teams yes Bosa is unreal but getting a top10 QB. SF defense would be bad without bosa though

Also if SF gets Watson There not cutting Jimmy G he will be traded. Carolina offered a 1st and more for Stafford they’d make an offer for Jimmy

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back