PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 games (Updated)

The fact that you're seriously trying to argue that the two are comparable is hilarious.
All 3 violated the NFL conduct policy. Read it.

Whats hilarious is the PF.Com Homers taking up for Bob Kraft because he owns the Pats and then wanting Watson to get life in prison.

Goodell won't do jack **** about this because he's a hypocrite. He was driven by ego to take the Patriots and Tom Brady down a notch with the trumped up fake charges in Deflategate.

He doesn't care if Watson sexually assaulted women. I expect he won't do anything about the Watson situation and just lets it slide.
Goodell WILL throw the book at Watson because he and his minions have been monitoring social media to see the reaction over the 6 game suspension. Goodell wants to look good.

Watson and the NFLPA - Lawyers need to play hardball.

The whole process seems like a joke... honestly, anything under a full season seems light to me considering some other suspensions handed out.. Ridley one season for gambling, Brady for deflategate etc..

NFL has shown time and time again they really don't care when it comes to assaulting women or sexual assault situations. Look at Big Ben (sexually assault) , Tyreek Hill (punched pregnant girlfriend in stomach), and Ray Rice (only 12 games for knocking a woman out), and now Watson who assaulted FOUR women (in reality, it was dozens) getting a slap on the wrist. Im sure there are others

I really don't care about Bob Kraft - they could have suspended him for a season too and I would have said he deserved it. Not defending him. I do think that was
1. Not as bad as Watson because the service was being offered (consensual) so you don't have the "victim" factor...
2. It was never "proven" in any type of court unlike Watson.

Anyways, just my friday afternoon rant.. not looking to get in a pissing match about this
Watson served last season suspended.

If the Texans disnt do it the NFL would have.

He chose not to play. No one suspended him he was on the roster and refused to play.

If Goodell sees that Watson is gone this whole season then its time for Watson and NFLPA to go nuke.

I want to know why Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones received no punishment whatsoever for violating the NFLs conduct policy. Lets dig back in there again Jerry and Bob and perhaps we will turn up other owners or NFL executives who have also skated without a scratch. Say like domestic disturbance calls to police between a husband and wife which are common.

Are we really going to try and pretend that some of these athletes in every sport do not have multiple women across the country?

Derrick Thomas had 7 different children with 5 different women.

It isn't just athletes...

WRONG - Watson got his FULL pay check for NOT playing football. So he was hardly being punished last season.

Watson brought all this on himself. He gladly signed a big long term contract and then a few years later DEMANDED to be traded or let go. He CLEARLY engaged in a pattern of behavior that would shatter anyone's personal conduct policy. '

The judge in this case clearly pointed out that he engaged in "egregious" behavior, and then stated all right words UNTIL she came to the punishment, 6 games is NOT nearly enough. nor is the mere $300,000 fine he would have received which will be LESS than 1% of his 2022 income from the Browns. Christ, if he GETS suspended for the full season he will have been paid over $50MM for the last 2 years NOT to play

BTW - your lame attempt to equate what Bob Kraft "ALLEGEDLY" did only shows your bias and your attempt to create a narrative that would allow a serial abuser to be viewed as a victim. Not Happening.. Better you spend your time talking football instead of your "Bob Kraft is the devil" campaign. I usually like those posts about FOOTBALL.

WRONG - Watson got his FULL pay check for NOT playing football. So he was hardly being punished last season.

Watson brought all this on himself. He gladly signed a big long term contract and then a few years later DEMANDED to be traded or let go. He CLEARLY engaged in a pattern of behavior that would shatter anyone's personal conduct policy. '

The judge in this case clearly pointed out that he engaged in "egregious" behavior, and then stated all right words UNTIL she came to the punishment, 6 games is NOT nearly enough. nor is the mere $300,000 fine he would have received which will be LESS than 1% of his 2022 income from the Browns. Christ, if he GETS suspended for the full season he will have been paid over $50MM for the last 2 years NOT to play

BTW - your lame attempt to equate what Bob Kraft "ALLEGEDLY" did only shows your bias and your attempt to create a narrative that would allow a serial abuser to be viewed as a victim. Not Happening.. Better you spend your time talking football instead of your "Bob Kraft is the devil" campaign. I usually like those posts about FOOTBALL.
Not to mention Watson made it clear he didn't want to take another snap for the Texans again. The Texans just couldn't trade him as all that stuff was coming out. So he got to sit and not play for them and still get paid. He got exactly what he wanted last season. Equating it to a punishment is so ignorant or the situation.

Anyways at this point their are two people that you could possibly be arguing with on this, I suggest you don't pay much mind to whoever it is.

…..

Yet at the end of the day she ruled that he did commit three counts of non-violent sexual assault and it was predatory and egregious, and NFLPA did not appeal her ruling.

….

So, how come after her analysis that previous precedent lands her at 6 games; she didn’t decide for 3 x 6 = 18 games.

that seems to work in criminal trials where serial murders get multiple life sentences. Even though they only have one. And lesser crimes get multiple 5 or 7 year terms adding up to 15 or 21 years.

Why: I defer/lend most credence to theory that others stated: she left room for GotoHell to maneuver and tack on more.

The NFLPA should revolt when Kraft and Jerry Jones got nothing.
remind how many sexual law suits kraft has filed against him. you do understand the difference between consensual and non consensual sexual behaviour...correct ?

remind how many sexual law suits kraft has filed against him. you do understand the difference between consensual and non consensual sexual behaviour...correct ?
He doesn’t understand much, truthfully. He’s not too bright.

1659831782263.gif

Watson’s “suspension” was self imposed last year. The Texans had no authority to suspend him for the year last year. Watson was just willing to sit at home and collect a paycheck because he didn’t want to play for the Texans. He could have showed up to the Texans‘ facilities and they would have either had to let him practice and play or Goodell would have had to put him on the exempt list.

I guarantee you that if he was traded at the trade deadline last yea, he would have ended his own self imposed suspension and Goodell would have had to put him on the exempt list.

Watson volunteered to be suspended with pay last year. That was his choice, not the league’s punishment. Under the CBA, the Texans could only suspend Watson for a few games for conduct detrimental to the team and after that there was no power to suspend him. Fact was Watson didn’t want to play for the Texans because he hates the owner and he chose to sit out with pay under the rouse it was a suspension.

So, how come after her analysis that previous precedent lands her at 6 games; she didn’t decide for 3 x 6 = 18 games.

that seems to work in criminal trials where serial murders get multiple life sentences. Even though they only have one. And lesser crimes get multiple 5 or 7 year terms adding up to 15 or 21 years.

Why: I defer/lend most credence to theory that others stated: she left room for GotoHell to maneuver and tack on more.
She said that precedent under current written policies landed her at 3 games based on Jameis Winston's drunken groping of an Uber driver, and since Watson was "egregious" she doubled it to six games.

She pointed out the NFL changed its rules after the Ray Rice FUBAR which only allowed the League to give Rice two games.

If you recall, the follow-on indefinite suspension of Rice once the video was released was tossed out by the arbitrator.

Rice never played again because no one would touch him, not because he was suspended.

Then:

When Commissioner Goodell followed such precedent despite the violence of Rice’s conduct, a public outcry ensued. The NFL responded by revising its Policy to include a presumptive 6-game suspension without pay for certain first-time violent offenders, including for Policy violations involving: (1) criminal assault or battery (felony);(2) domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse and other forms of family violence; or (3) sexual assault involving physical force or committed against someone incapable of giving consent. By revising its Policy, the NFL gave fair notice to its players and to the public of the probable consequences of certain violent conduct.

Since we have no evidence that Watson was violent (in the legal, physical sense), the judge says he doesn't fall under this rule.

The NFL basically said it was impossible to be consistent and use the precedents, the judge wasn't buying that.

She in essence is saying the players deserved advance notice of what penalty would be applied to a given crime.

NFL again suggests what Watson did fit none of the categories, since they asked for indefinite suspension with one year minimum for reinstatement.

She has a strong point, if your written policy only gives six games for first time violent sexual assault, how can we give more for non-violent sexual assault?

Yet, Watson did it repeatedly and with forethought, so shouldn't that be taken into consideration too, rather than just lumping him in with other "first time" offenders?

I guess we're going to find out how far Roger can stray from the written policies.

Personally, I feel the six game suspension with minimal financial implications does not fit the crime.

Watson volunteered to be suspended with pay last year. That was his choice, not the league’s punishment. Under the CBA, the Texans could only suspend Watson for a few games for conduct detrimental to the team and after that there was no power to suspend him. Fact was Watson didn’t want to play for the Texans because he hates the owner and he chose to sit out with pay under the rouse it was a suspension.
Interesting relevant quote:

Of course, Watson has plenty of funds to settle these suits, thanks to his ability, and to the Texans and Browns. He made $10 million last year while staying away from the Texans. Some have suggested that last year should be considered a de facto suspension due to the fact he did not play. Please. Watson did not want to play for Houston and was paid handsomely to not do so. That is not a suspension; that is a vacation.

I heard on the radio that if Watson had just paid these therapists off when all this started it would have gone away and he wouldn't be facing a long suspension. Crazy times indeed.

I heard on the radio that if Watson had just paid these therapists off when all this started it would have gone away and he wouldn't be facing a long suspension. Crazy times indeed.

Said another way, he was a lousy tipper.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back