PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 games (Updated)

At that point, it is on the NFLPA to sue but I cannot imagine them having much success in federal court. We've been there before with Brady and Elliott and the League won each time.
I agree, but all of those things take time to play out, and I'm somewhat surprised the league didn't let this story die during the off season. I guess King Roger's need for power demands they take this one more round. According to Florio given NFLPA didn't appeal any TRO will only take effect after Game 6 so at least this means we'll see Brissette instead of Watson. Such a fubar all around...

If Goodell sees that Watson is gone this whole season then its time for Watson and NFLPA to go nuke.

I want to know why Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones received no punishment whatsoever for violating the NFLs conduct policy. Lets dig back in there again Jerry and Bob and perhaps we will turn up other owners or NFL executives who have also skated without a scratch. Say like domestic disturbance calls to police between a husband and wife which are common.

Are we really going to try and pretend that some of these athletes in every sport do not have multiple women across the country?

Derrick Thomas had 7 different children with 5 different women.

If Goodell sees that Watson is gone this whole season then its time for Watson and NFLPA to go nuke.

I want to know why Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones received no punishment whatsoever for violating the NFLs conduct policy. Lets dig back in there again Jerry and Bob and perhaps we will turn up other owners or NFL executives who have also skated without a scratch. Say like domestic disturbance calls to police between a husband and wife which are common.

Are we really going to try and pretend that some of these athletes in every sport do not have multiple women across the country?

Which is not the same thing as sexually assaulting them.

You can't make this :poop: up...

Hey... psst... Deshaun... come here a minute man...

Its A Trap GIF

Hey... psst... Deshaun... come here a minute man...
No, Deshaun, there's no seminar on how to relieve tension in the groin area at this conference!

It is interesting that the judge's ruling pointed out that the NFL differentiates between violent sexual assault and non-violent sexual assault.

Presumably this means physically forcing someone to have sex with you against their will, versus using other forms of power to get someone to have sex with you against their will.

Yet at the end of the day she ruled that he did commit three counts of non-violent sexual assault and it was predatory and egregious, and NFLPA did not appeal her ruling.

The reporting around Jerry Jones's party bus didn't even say anyone was having sex on the bus, it just was about how Dean Blandino was seen leaving that bus, which was seen as a NFL official who makes decisions that impact all the teams accepting favors from one owner, obviously a bad look.

NFL did fine the WFT $10M for "workplace culture" issues.

I am somewhat surprised Krafty Bob didn't get a fine for the Orchids of Asia incident. Even though the evidence did get tossed out in a court of law, there was more than enough evidence to support a case of "conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League". I guess they figured he had more than enough public embarrassment, and it didn't serve the League's interests to make him go through another wave of such embarassment.

There's nothing in the rules about impregnating multiple women if there was consent. If there was no consent, it'd be sexual assault.

Overall, the NFL is not acting in accordance with its own statements:

But that doesn't forgive Watson's behavior at all. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Interesting. Guess Shefter was right, the truth has come out...

That truth is:

1659716494404.png
1659716628306.png

It is interesting that the judge's ruling pointed out that the NFL differentiates between violent sexual assault and non-violent sexual assault.

Presumably this means physically forcing someone to have sex with you against their will, versus using other forms of power to get someone to have sex with you against their will.
"Violent" has a specific legal meaning, and I think the Judge is applying it that way. It has to do with the amount of force used and whether or not any physical injuries were sustained. Forcible rape is a violent crime. Assault is a violent crime. Rubbing one's genitalia on a woman without her consent is certainly sexual assault, but would not technically be considered a "violent" crime.

No, but was there an effort by the NFL to keep things under the radar thereby protecting its squeaky clean façade.

Lets see emails and personnel files for the last 10 years and find the truth.

Wait….are you actually trying to equate the accusations against Watson (non-consensual) and NFL players having baby mamas in multiple different states (very consensual…all about the Benjamins, baby)? LOLOLOLOL. #longhaulcovidbrain

Wait….are you actually trying to equate the accusations against Watson (non-consensual) and NFL players having baby mamas in multiple different states (very consensual )? LOLOLOLOL.
There is no culture of anything goes in sexual nature.

Thats right. Youre the one who could care less about Bob Kraft, but thinks Watson needs to pay dearly?

There is no culture of anything goes in sexual nature.

Thats right. Youre the one who could care less about Bob Kraft, but thinks Watson needs to pay dearly?
The fact that you're seriously trying to argue that the two are comparable is hilarious.

The whole process seems like a joke... honestly, anything under a full season seems light to me considering some other suspensions handed out.. Ridley one season for gambling, Brady for deflategate etc..

NFL has shown time and time again they really don't care when it comes to assaulting women or sexual assault situations. Look at Big Ben (sexually assault) , Tyreek Hill (punched pregnant girlfriend in stomach), and Ray Rice (only 12 games for knocking a woman out), and now Watson who assaulted FOUR women (in reality, it was dozens) getting a slap on the wrist. Im sure there are others

I really don't care about Bob Kraft - they could have suspended him for a season too and I would have said he deserved it. Not defending him. I do think that was
1. Not as bad as Watson because the service was being offered (consensual) so you don't have the "victim" factor...
2. It was never "proven" in any type of court unlike Watson.

Anyways, just my friday afternoon rant.. not looking to get in a pissing match about this

The whole process seems like a joke... honestly, anything under a full season seems light to me considering some other suspensions handed out.. Ridley one season for gambling, Brady for deflategate etc..
On-the-field a/k/a the integrity of the game versus off-the-field a/k/a personal conduct a/k/a has nothing at all to do with the sport itself. There's a difference.

Goodell won't do jack **** about this because he's a hypocrite. He was driven by ego to take the Patriots and Tom Brady down a notch with the trumped up fake charges in Deflategate.

He doesn't care if Watson sexually assaulted women. I expect he won't do anything about the Watson situation and just lets it slide.

NFL has shown time and time again they really don't care when it comes to assaulting women or sexual assault situations. Look at Big Ben (sexually assault) , Tyreek Hill (punched pregnant girlfriend in stomach), and Ray Rice (only 12 games for knocking a woman out), and now Watson who assaulted FOUR women (in reality, it was dozens) getting a slap on the wrist. Im sure there are others

I really don't care about Bob Kraft - they could have suspended him for a season too and I would have said he deserved it. Not defending him. I do think that was
1. Not as bad as Watson because the service was being offered (consensual) so you don't have the "victim" factor...
2. It was never "proven" in any type of court unlike Watson.

Anyways, just my friday afternoon rant.. not looking to get in a pissing match about this
You are getting at the heart of the issue.

The judge said the precedent was three games without naming who it was, but it was Jameis Winston who got 3 games for groping an Uber driver while he was drunk.

The judge is saying, hey, I gave him double the precedented punishment for non-violent sexual assault.

The NFL is saying Watson went far beyond a drunken group, he planned this out, he did it more than once, etc.

The judge is saying the players deserve some notice that there is a penalty bucket somewhere in between what Jameis did and what Watson did

I presume the NFL's appeal will say something like how do you expect us to spell out everything someone sick like Watson might do, geez.

I think that's a good angle to pursue, and given that Goodell just appointed a proven hard ass to hear the appeal, it doesn't look good for Watson's side.

Goodell won't do jack **** about this because he's a hypocrite. He was driven by ego to take the Patriots and Tom Brady down a notch with the trumped up fake charges in Deflategate.

He doesn't care if Watson sexually assaulted women. I expect he won't do anything about the Watson situation and just lets it slide.
He appealed the 6 games asking for more.
What are you referring to?

Nah. He doesn't care about Watson assaulting women directly, but he DOES care about how this has gone over. He isn't about to let it slide, that would quadruple the backlash.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back