PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 games (Updated)

So, as I understand it, Goodell can choose to alter that number if he chooses. It will be interesting what they do here. I assume Watson will appeal either way. As it stands right now though, Pats would miss him which makes that a much different game. Lots can happen though between now and then. He could appeal and have it reduced, appeal and not start serving until later in the season, etc.

As I figured,

A slap on the hand for giving the league another black eye.

I predict Godell is going to drop the hammer and extend it to 10 or whole season.
The NFLPA should revolt when Kraft and Jerry Jones got nothing.

Goodell, as the frontman for the league, is going to be entirely driven over the PR fallout of this and 6 games is going to be (rightly) seen as too low. He’s gonna unilaterally appeal to himself and increase it. I would be shocked if he doesn’t.

If this stands it will be a joke. 6 games? Brady got almost as much for a extremely minor and debatable “offense”. Screw the Browns

They would be staking their claim on the most idiotic hill possible so I would hope not.
Really?

White owners walk, but black athletes pay the price for sexual improprieties. The NFL law should be equal for all. Kraft should have received some form of punishment and Jones as well for having his pants down by his ankles all over the web. Both clearly violated the NFLs code of conduct.

Racism accusations today in this environment? Good luck.

Really?

White owners walk, but black athletes pay the price for sexual improprieties. The NFL law should be equal for all. Kraft should have received some form of punishment and Jones as well for having his pants down by his ankles all over the web. Both clearly violated the NFLs code of conduct.

Racism accusations today in this environment? Good luck.

The NFL Law is objectively not equal for all per the CBA that the NFLPA agreed to. This isn’t that difficult to understand. This is not a criminal court. It’s a “what is in the best interests of the league (define that as you want)” court.

So Calvin Ridley gets a full year for betting $4000 on NFL games, while Watson gets 6 games for assaulting nearly 2 dozen women? Only in Goodell's kangaroo court...
Betting as a player/coach/exec is a major taboo though. Morality wise yes Watson is the POS here, but I can see why the NFl had to hit Ridley hard.

You said it wrong. You should've said "he only gets 2 more games than what Tom got for doing nothing wrong".
Yes you would be correct. There is a few board members here though that believe TB cheated.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back