PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas traded to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta feel for a guy who busted his tail to rehab in order to play for a contender, agrees to not consider offers from other teams after cut-downs with the expectation he would return to the Pats and contribute, only to be traded to the Jets. Wouldn't blame him for being upset right now.

Or maybe he's happy he'll be on a team where he actually gets some playing time.

Hmmmmm a number just got freed up so AB might get 84 after all and Watson can have 88.:D

Or Watson keeps his number and the new guy gets another to choose from.

Why is Thomas being punished?

I doubt Thomas is as upset as some here think. He wants to play. How do you get playing time on the Patriots at that position right now?

Brown
Edelman
Gordon
Brady now loves Dorsett (and rightly so - all the guy ever does is catch the balls thrown his way)
They're not getting rid of either Harry or Meyers (three of the other guys are on 1-year deals!) and Edelman is 33.

I loved Thomas's last game here in PS, even against scrubs. I think he's still got a lot. But how do you keep 7, and Gunner (and I have a feeling that Gunner might be here for a long time).

Still sucks on one level, though. I wanted to see Thomas and Brady out there, just to see if it would work. Jets got a good deal. They still have miles to go, but Thomas will help them.

liked DT as insurance for Gordon and lesser extent AB(I think he will be fine). Jets though? Were they the only bidders?

He is nothing like Gordon, and he's almost certainly nothing like Brow either. They already have two players in Meyers and Dorsett who are as good, if not better, than 2019 D. Thomas. If he were even close to the same level as Gordon or Brown, he wouldn't be gone - Gunner would. They already have insurance policies in Dorsett (increasing targets), Meyers, and Harry. Thomas would be important if like four WRs got injured.

Hope DT isn't too pissed about it.
Who cares? He's another Trojan Horse gifted from New England to the moronic Jete.

Something had to give at that position and Thomas was the logical choice to go.

Dunno...I don't like us losing depth. If Gordon goes AWOL and AB checks out...we could be really screwed with just Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers....

The upside is that Harry would get a lot of reps...and Olszewski has some plays in him, IMO....

An oversimplified way to look at the depth chart is the best WR trio in the NFL is backed up by youth & speed. Dorsett has earned the job as WR4 & hopefully can be a similar secondary option pest to opposing Ds that Taylor Gabriel was on the 2016 Atlanta offense.

Gotta feel for a guy who busted his tail to rehab in order to play for a contender, agrees to not consider offers from other teams after cut-downs with the expectation he would return to the Pats and contribute, only to be traded to the Jets. Wouldn't blame him for being upset right now.

I guess they feel good about Harry. They seem to be very similar players, with Harry being younger and having more potential at this point in their respective careers.

Put differently the Pats were the only ones interested in him this offseason, paid for his rehab and guided him through the process with coaches and the training staff.

They also gave him a pay raise for opening a spot on the roster over cutdown weekend.

Should have traded him to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Gunner, Meyers or Thomas had to go, I wanted them to keep the youth so I like it. They know they have the D-backs to handle the Jesters when they meet.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Alec-Guiness-.jpg

Is the Ghost of Obi Melifonwu hanging around?

It's certainly a logical move, especially with Harry waiting in the wings--but I really hope Thomas was on board with it. He very well might have been, assuming that he's hoping for one last big payday next year. This Patriots lineup would hardly have given him a chance to showcase his skills!

Not bad to add a draft pick for a guy you picked up off the street and who never played a down for you. The opposite of the Raiders' experience with Brown. :cool:

Jete trade makes me feel very unclean...

If bill was willing to trade Thomas to the Jets he must believe theres not much left in the tank.

Ehh.... Even if BB thought DT still had a decade left, it wouldn't make the Jets competitive. In that sense, there's almost certainly no harm being done here.

This make much more sense.

We now have 5 WR's on the roster! And, the 5th is a young, developmental player.
plus a couple of STers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing