PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deleted response still shows up on next post

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is this a feature or a bug? See below.

So now I'm typing my first response. But then I'm goin to delete it by backspacing and then exiting the thread.
Now I'm typing my second response and my first response, which I had deleted, still shows up.

So now I'm typing my first response. But then I'm goin to delete it by backspacing and then exiting the thread.

Now I'm typing my second response and my first response, which I had deleted, still shows up.

Once you have typed a response and hit enter, the comment appears on the thread.

Have you tried hitting the delete link at the bottom of the comment rather than backspacing?

Once you have typed a response and hit enter, the comment appears on the thread.

Have you tried hitting the delete link at the bottom of the comment rather than backspacing?
I don't see a delete link button.

Maybe I only see it as a moderator.

At the bottom of every comment I see something like this (dependent on forum member and time of post):

on the left:
raduray, Yesterday at 9:00 PM Edit Delete IP Warn Report

then on the far right, below the emojis:
#6+ Quote Reply

Does your screen have any of that?
Here's a screen capture of my reply window using Safari on a MacBook Pro:
Pats-Fans-Capture-1.png

Here's a screen capture of my reply window using Safari on a MacBook Pro:
Pats-Fans-Capture-1.png

If it is not under that 'More Options' button on the far right, then we will have to summon this website's one-man IT Department (aka Ian).

Sorry I couldn't be of assistance...

Seems to be happening for me as well.
Maybe there is a lag?

On my screen your original comment is now deleted (though everyone can still see it on your quoted response).

This part below is on viewable by a moderator:
This message by KontradictioN has been removed from public view.
Deleted by KontradictioN, Today at 11:36 AM.​

You can delete posts, but if you're in a thread and try to reply to a post, but change your mind after typing something, there is no easy way of deleting it if you decide not to post it.

I've seen folks post a "." Sometimes or write "delete" so I always assumed it was because they couldn't get rid of partial post text before posting it, so they just re-wrote it as "." or "delete"

Probably made this more confusing, but bottom line it happens to me on occasion.

That use to happen o me when I used an I-pad. now that I use a surface pro I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to to type my response.

If it is not under that 'More Options' button on the far right, then we will have to summon this website's one-man IT Department (aka Ian).

Sorry I couldn't be of assistance...
Not under More Options :(

I missed this but I'll check tonight when I get home and see if I can duplicate it and possibly troubleshoot it further.

Actually, I know what you're talking about and it's a software bug - it's been that way for a while. Although it tends to depend on what browser/mode you're in. On regular Chrome it stays, on incognito here at work it doesn't.

I'll be updating the software during the offseason at some point after I get done re-doing things to accommodate the new version and hopefully that will fix it. Hopefully, we won't have the issue once I do that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back