PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense has allowed 30 points average per game in last 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There is a calling for Dean Pees head here I would think,This defense is horrid and Cassel or no Cassel does not matter,If the defense gives up 30 points on average continuously this will be a 27-32 rated defense.

Simply unacceptable for a BB run team - The defense needs an overhaul if this continues - Even Wilfork,Seymour and Warren are sucking big time lately,what is wrong I cannot put a handle on it except for the fact that maybe the team lost its team leader on the field and in the locker room and just is not putting effort into this season.

I hate to admit this but I hope Cleveland totally tanks it this year and Crennel is looking for another job because we need him back in NE as DC and send Pees on his way - Our defense has not been the same and was overshadowed by a powerful offense last season which kept them fresh,this year when its all on them to succeed they have failed thus far.

its cassel's fault...

No, no, no.....According to Deus, Dabruinz and others the D is fine, and you are an IDIOT if you say otherwise!

Too bad Notre Dame is finally winning games, because Charlie Wiess can't get fired.

No, no, no.....According to Deus, Dabruinz and others the D is fine, and you are an IDIOT if you say otherwise!

You're a real dummy. The OP is trying to make a thread about football...not kneejerk BS, but actual FOOTBALL. And you go and drag your stupidity and same old :blahblah: Cassel sucks :blahblah: the D sucks :blahblah: O'Connell would make all the difference in the world :blahblah: crap.

Patslifer my a$s. More like Patsaslongasthey'rewinning

You're a real dummy. The OP is trying to make a thread about football...not kneejerk BS, but actual FOOTBALL. And you go and drag your stupidity and same old :blahblah: Cassel sucks :blahblah: the D sucks :blahblah: O'Connell would make all the difference in the world :blahblah: crap.

Patslifer my a$s. More like Patsaslongasthey'rewinning

I have been right about everything I have said. Just accept it.

So answer me how Kevin O'Connell is going to turn this team around.

We Need someone who can get us more then 3 points...(the last score the D wasn't really trying) We almost lost to SF for gosh sakes. I think we have a few problems...

O-Line
-they are getting exposed.
QB- Holding on to the ball to long...can't throw. did you see some of those passes....Please Replace him..just try Kevin for a week or two...i guarantee he will do the same as Casell or better.
RB- Hurt, is Maroney the RB we really want.
TE- Watson Who.

D Line-Its like they have so speed anymore.
CB---Hobbs is a 2nd or 3rd CB..not a number one... We must find a #1 Next year.
LB- I'm watching the games and it just seems like theres no pressure. The only one playing well would be Mayo.

Lets face it, our D is getting exposed and our O just isn't that great without TFB.

I guess we will just have to see how the season turns out.

NFL Events: Combine Top Performers

just look under the QB part of the page....and all your questions will be answered!

He's started the last 3 1/2 years...put up pretty good numbers...its time.

Ryan Leaf put up better numbers,what is your point?

Look Cassel is NOT the answer for this team,Neither is O'Connell or Gutierrez but unfortunately BB ruined this season by not being better prepared for Brady's injury and not getting a vet in the offseason so Cassel is the only choice unless he gets injured - God how I wish we had got Brad Johnson before the Cowboys did.

Ryan Leaf put up better numbers,what is your point?

Look Cassel is NOT the answer for this team,Neither is O'Connell or Gutierrez but unfortunately BB ruined this season by not being better prepared for Brady's injury and not getting a vet in the offseason so Cassel is the only choice unless he gets injured - God how I wish we had got Brad Johnson before the Cowboys did.

How do you know O'Connell Or Gutz' aren't the answers...we don't know until one of them gets a START in a regular season game...why not give one of them the same chance they gave Cassel, because that's sure working.

How do you know O'Connell Or Gutz' aren't the answers...we don't know until one of them gets a START in a regular season game...why not give one of them the same chance they gave Cassel, because that's sure working.

I have to agree here, no way to know until you throw them in the pool and see if they can swim. Cassel has already clearly sunk to the bottom and drowned. I dont see what it could hurt letting them get a shot, especially when we are getting run over by 27 points in the 4th.

Ummm.... Belichick and McDaniels see them both every day in practice. Do you think if they thought either guy was the answer over Cassel, they would start them? What is the upside of starting Cassel if he wasn't the best QB on the roster? Are the Pats hoping they can help him get a huge contract in the offseason when he becomes a free agent?

Sorry, but the book on O'Connell when he was being drafted that he has tons of raw talent with an emphasis on the raw. The guy had mechanics issues and needed a lot of rough edges smoothing. He is most likely not going to be ready to play until late in the season at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes