PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Declined 5th year options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfan2150

Rookie
Reaction score
Any of you guys think the patriots may target or have interest in any of the players that did not get a 5th year option picked up this year?

Any of you guys think the patriots may target or have interest in any of the players that did not get a 5th year option picked up this year?
Yeah, I noted a few players in the FA/Trade Rumor thread.

You mean interest in them for this season? They would have to be released first I imagine, or best-case traded as part of a pick swap...Remember we don't have our 2021 6th-rounder, so our ammunition is really low right now...

Interest in them for next season? Who knows; that seems so far into an uncertain future that I'm not even contemplating what that future has in store...

You mean interest in them for this season? They would have to be released first I imagine, or best-case traded as part of a pick swap...Remember we don't have our 2021 6th-rounder, so our ammunition is really low right now...

Interest in them for next season? Who knows; that seems so far into an uncertain future that I'm not even contemplating what that future has in store...
Just to clarify, the 6th rounder that the Pats traded to the Jets was the same one the Jets traded the Pats for Demaryius Thomas. So the Pats still have their original 6th rounder, and in fact they have a 2nd 6th rounder from the Michael Bennett to Dallas trade. Plus they have their own picks in all other rounds, and will get comp picks for at least Brady, Van Noy and Collins.

I was referring more to interest in them this season, I kinda figured since they gotten declined there 5th year they are more likely to be on the trade

Not really,they will likely get 3 compensatory picks either 2 thirds and a 4th or 1 third and 2 4th, giving them 11 picks,..

Just to clarify, the 6th rounder that the Pats traded to the Jets was the same one the Jets traded the Pats for Demaryius Thomas. So the Pats still have their original 6th rounder, and in fact they have a 2nd 6th rounder from the Michael Bennett to Dallas trade. Plus they have their own picks in all other rounds, and will get comp picks for at least Brady, Van Noy and Collins.
Yeah thanks you're right; I realized my mistake when I was looking up something else a few hours later...funny that it's the Jesters' own pick they're being given...

Out of the players that were declined are any of them players the patriots would even look at?

And yes interest in them this season.

I'm not sure which is funnier, an assessments that declares that Pats are low on ammunition based on the 6th Round of the draft, or the fact that we all appreciate the degree of detail put into the correction here. I read this post and felt a sense of relief, and then realized how absurd that is in the context of life right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes