Pick Results: NE: 83.1% at BUF: 16.9%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Haha. Dumb ****s. I guess it’s too much to expect those idiots to know about Rome and Constantinople?

On a more personal note, as a foreign-born US citizen, you might want to watch that rhetoric these days. I’m sure you’re already on some FBI or CIA watch list (I’m sure I am, too) but, if but some miracle you’re not, saying stuff like that is a good way to end up on one.

I was visited by an FBI agent IN PERSON after 9/11 because my magazine, at that stage, had a pretty wide-ranging international subscriber list. I'm still amazed by that.

I met with my financial advisor a couple days ago to go over some things and the debt limit thing was discussed. He said other clients are antsy about it. He agreed the Republicans are insane enough to take the brinksmanship game further than we've ever seen as they're desperate about regaining power in 2022/2024. But he said he just doesn't see them letting things completely blow up because they own so much of the country's wealth and would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Then he'd be a mole for them because Trump loves him some Kim Dong.
A new Civil War is actually something interesting to think about in the current political climate. How many states do you think Texas and Florida by themselves could take? Lot of people, lot of veterans in both states, a ton of crazy/stupid (especially in Florida), strong economically, and a ton of guns. Those two states alone could probably wash a good amount of the country.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
A new Civil War is actually something interesting to think about in the current political climate. How many states do you think Texas and Florida by themselves could take? Lot of people, lot of veterans in both states, a ton of crazy/stupid (especially in Florida), strong economically, and a ton of guns. Those two states alone could probably wash a good amount of the country.
The problem is that's only true for those two states. The Western states would overtake the entire plain states in a heartbeat. The North would stop the South (FL + TX) at Virginia. Once the West and NE meet in the middle they'll just push south while starving them to death.

Obviously this assumes a ground war w/o nukes.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
The problem is that's only true for those two states. The Western states would overtake the entire plain states in a heartbeat. The North would stop the South (FL + TX) at Virginia. Once the West and NE meet in the middle they'll just push south while starving them to death.

Who in the North is stopping the South? New York? Or are you speaking as a collective? Pennsylvania is a wild card. They’d be a nice asset for the North. Out of all the Western States, the only threat is California and even then, they’re soft. Nobody is worrying about Oregon or Washington. Those fruit cakes would probably cross over into Canada before a shot is fired. Do Montana, Nebraska, North and South Dakota align with the North or the South?

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
Who in the North is stopping the South? New York? Or are you speaking as a collective? Pennsylvania is a wild card. They’d be a nice asset for the North. Out of all the Western States, the only threat is California and even then, they’re soft. Nobody is worrying about Oregon or Washington. Those fruit cakes would probably cross over into Canada before a shot is fired. Do Montana, Nebraska, North and South Dakota align with the North or the South?
I'm mainly talking about overwhelming force based on numbers.

Yes the North would be the collective. Yea, Penn would be interesting because they're kinda divided within.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm mainly talking about overwhelming force based on numbers.

Yes the North would be the collective. Yea, Penn would be interesting because they're kinda divided within.
1633203574947.png
Here’s a map of the last election. This one is for Congress. Georgia just recently flipped Blue but my guess is they would align with the red states. Maybe Arizona, too. Who on Team Red would flip to Team Blue prior to the build-up of the hypothetical war? Utah maybe? Indiana probably would be the first domino to fall to Blue just given it’s location. Alaskan forces would invade Washington and Northern California.

EDIT: Maine would be an obvious Red to Blue swap. Not sure how I missed them.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner

It wouldn't be about taking territory by force, it would be about seceding and consolidating to form a new government.

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
View attachment 36207
Here’s a map of the last election. This one is for Congress. Georgia just recently flipped Blue but my guess is they would align with the red states. Maybe Arizona, too. Who on Team Red would flip to Team Blue prior to the build-up of the hypothetical war? Utah maybe? Indiana probably would be the first domino to fall to Blue just given it’s location. Alaskan forces would invade Washington and Northern California.
Right but there's a lot more people living in those blue states. The entire middle is mainly barren land.

Fuel would be a problem for NE unless they get Canada & Mexico involved. They would probably side with blue.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
I know we’re just having fun hypothesizing about a civil war between the states. Still I don’t think we would see anything like that. Even in red states you still have blue dominated cities all over the place. Many states would crumble with their own infighting.

But I do expect a revolution at some stage in the not far off future. What form it takes, who knows.

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
I know we’re just having fun hypothesizing about a civil war between the states. Still I don’t think we would see anything like that. Even in red states you still have blue dominated cities all over the place. Many states would crumble with their own infighting.

But I do expect a revolution at some stage in the not far off future. What form it takes, who knows.
I'm just having fun. Thinking along the lines of Red Dawn.

A revolution would be crazy but the way things are going I guess not surprising. There's way too many morons out there.

Nehalem

In the Starting Line-Up
I was visited by an FBI agent IN PERSON after 9/11 because my magazine, at that stage, had a pretty wide-ranging international subscriber list. I'm still amazed by that.

I met with my financial advisor a couple days ago to go over some things and the debt limit thing was discussed. He said other clients are antsy about it. He agreed the Republicans are insane enough to take the brinksmanship game further than we've ever seen as they're desperate about regaining power in 2022/2024. But he said he just doesn't see them letting things completely blow up because they own so much of the country's wealth and would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Then again these are the people representing those literally crapping their pants taking horse de-worming medicine instead of a vaccine developed by their lord and savior Donald Trump...:oops:

I read though that they could mint a Trillion dollar coin to get around the issue.

Personally I think it would be a lot more fun to mint a couple of $100B coins that way they could have a whole series of Republican villains. Make a Hillary Clinton one, a Barack Obama one, and so forth.

Or maybe just start to threaten it.

Joe Biden: "Raise the debt ceiling or I mint a coin with Hillary's face on it."

Ice_Ice_Brady

Antonio Brown’s New Live-In Chef
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm just having fun. Thinking along the lines of Red Dawn.

A revolution would be crazy but the way things are going I guess not surprising. There's way too many morons out there.

The Democrats are funded by corporations and elitists.
The Republicans are funded by corporations and elitists.

I don’t see a civil war coming any time soon...or debt ceiling problems…or whatever…because their goal is to maintain the status quo. There’s really just a bunch of corrupt assholes in Washington and a bunch of fools who think otherwise. The leftist, revolutionist types are just a handful of outside-the-margins people who are vilified the moment they even enter the left realm of most countries.

Last edited:

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

I mean, we are living in a world where Jan6 happened this year.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

We’ve been through this before….the result would be the same……except this time, they need to execute all the traitors

they’d be lucky to proceed beyond subversives in their own states

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
View attachment 36207

EDIT: Maine would be an obvious Red to Blue swap. Not sure how I missed them.

the assumption here is that the red would try to secede from the USA?

Ice_Ice_Brady

Antonio Brown’s New Live-In Chef
PatsFans.com Supporter
Splitting the country into two would be fine, but the issue is the geography is messy. It’s an urban/rural split more than anything.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
In these posts about a civil war, I don't see anything about the US military and their role?

Don't you think they'd play a major role?
Oh without a doubt. They’d play a major role for the Red Team.