Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
it's not just opportunity, but allowing yourself to take 'educated risks'

I did not grow up in a 'wealthy family' ..... my dad ran a machine shop (and drank) and my mom was a seamstress (and drank) .... the opportunities I was handed were from people along my professional path and I freely admit that more of it was right place/right time than anything that was earned......which how I pay it forward. Family, my tenants, my neighbors, strangers on the street (in that order). I recognize my path (as an adult) was unusually easy and how truly lucky I was/am. Part of what I did with taking advantage was taking risk that made sense to me.......in 1988, I bought a triple decker on gates in southie for pretty cheap ..... within a year, I leveraged the equity into a 2nd triple decker purchase....I repeated the same formula 2 more times and numbers-wise, I was up against it for a bit, but I had minimal no rent months form any units and it worked out.......people though I was nuts at the time, the typical Lithuania schadenfreude was prevalent all around me......but it worked and I spread the benefit because I was never one to let my money keep me hostage

the reason I openly proclaim the alcoholism around me in my formative years is for my own benefit.......I used to keep it bottled up and all it did was create resentment......the alcoholics are mostly all gone now, ashes in my closet

I was fortunate that I got to watch my father go from poor drug abuser and drinker during my childhood years to middle class during my teen years. But yes, calculated, or educated, risk is essential.

Lithuania schadenfreude? Not familiar with that one. I'm Lithuanian and usually viewed Lithuanians as indifferent toward strangers. Hmmm

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I was fortunate that I got to watch my father go from poor drug abuser and drinker during my childhood years to middle class during my teen years. But yes, calculated, or educated, risk is essential.

Lithuania schadenfreude? Not familiar with that one. I'm Lithuanian and usually viewed Lithuanians as indifferent toward strangers. Hmmm

within the Lithuanian social circle in Boston as well as other cities, schadenfreude is probably the leading perspective towards anyone else's pursuits

from 'it'll never work' to 'I knew it wouldn't work' or 'he/she got lucky' ..... but they love watching people fail

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
within the Lithuanian social circle in Boston as well as other cities, schadenfreude is probably the leading perspective towards anyone else's pursuits

from 'it'll never work' to 'I knew it wouldn't work' or 'he/she got lucky' ..... but they love watching people fail

Hmmmmmm...well, my family did lessen contact with me as I grew more successful. Never really cared to think about it...on to new things.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hmmmmmm...well, my family did lessen contact with me as I grew more successful. Never really cared to think about it...on to new things.

I think it's an eastern European generalization.....part of it is the type of corruption that has historically existed in that part of the world with people succeeding in spite of their 'limitations' through nepotism or any kind of metric that has nothing to do with ability.