2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Which one of you asswipes (I say that lovingly) was smart enough to get in on the POSH IPO this morning? Because it wasn’t this guy.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
After last year's gains I've decided to do something stupid. Instead of getting a 4Runner or waiting for a Cybertruck, I'm just going to lease a Land Rover defender.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Which one of you asswipes (I say that lovingly) was smart enough to get in on the POSH IPO this morning? Because it wasn’t this guy.
Hate how these damn institutionals drive up these IPOs pre-market.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Yeah when I had posted that, I didn’t realize that it didn’t actually open at $42. I was going off of what I read previously. Sucks. You think the same thing will happen with Dream Finders next week?

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Why are you not playing in the pre-market as well? If you need help, let me know. 4AM trading with positive news previous night is the best.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Why are you not playing in the pre-market as well? If you need help, let me know. 4AM trading with positive news previous night is the best.
I imagine it's amazing!

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Yeah when I had posted that, I didn’t realize that it didn’t actually open at $42. I was going off of what I read previously. Sucks. You think the same thing will happen with Dream Finders next week?
Always seems to happen. And, as I understand it, some of these big IPOs, the brokers won't even talk to you unless you have like $100k + to drop on it.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
time for a shift?

9 of 10 top holdings in FBGRX are down on a day when all indices are up

FAANG taking a breather?

I had one small and ancient IRA devoted to FBGRX until early last week, and bailed on it. Put it to ARKG for a ride.

Finally got into cannabis in a serious way in another account and it is up 17% in just a few days.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
I tried getting into this stuff months back when Genius Brands was going crazy. Needless to say that was a really unrealistic first taste of how day and swing trading actually works, made it look way too easy. Thankfully it was very little money. Considering giving it another try, I took all my money out except for $50 in Tesla (using fractional shares on Robinhood) in like August. Just checked it again and found it’s grown to like $140 now.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I tried getting into this stuff months back when Genius Brands was going crazy. Needless to say that was a really unrealistic first taste of how day and swing trading actually works, made it look way too easy. Thankfully it was very little money. Considering giving it another try, I took all my money out except for $50 in Tesla (using fractional shares on Robinhood) in like August. Just checked it again and found it’s grown to like $140 now.
TSLA might have topped out for the time being. I’ve sold off a few but I’m still holding the majority of shares I bought a few months ago. They’re putting out their FY 2020 Q4 earnings on 1/27 and I’m very interested to see it.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
TSLA might have topped out for the time being. I’ve sold off a few but I’m still holding the majority of shares I bought a few months ago. They’re putting out their FY 2020 Q4 earnings on 1/27 and I’m very interested to see it.
I was thinking the same thing, I sold $100 of that and bought a couple little pieces of some other things. Facebook and AMC namely. FB seems like it will rebound a bit soon and AMC seems to be poised for a small run that I can try to get a piece of. We'll see though.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
@IllegalContact i know you've gone over genomics here before, but could I ask your opinion on top stocks in the space? Just picked up some ARKG and debating individual stocks also. Only ones on my radar are CRSP and BEAM.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
@IllegalContact i know you've gone over genomics here before, but could I ask your opinion on top stocks in the space? Just picked up some ARKG and debating individual stocks also. Only ones on my radar are CRSP and BEAM.

I've only gone over it to the degree that I chose to invest in CRSP during the vaccine tail-chasing was going on. I chose CRSP because of feedback I have gotten from my medical pro relatives as well as my BioEng PHd daughter.....I did it somewhat blind to fundamentals, but it's not profitable yet anyway. It is the most widely used genetics product across both educational and professional research institutes. I have no information for comparing it to it's competitors

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I've only gone over it to the degree that I chose to invest in CRSP during the vaccine tail-chasing was going on. I chose CRSP because of feedback I have gotten from my medical pro relatives as well as my BioEng PHd daughter.....I did it somewhat blind to fundamentals, but it's not profitable yet anyway. It is the most widely used genetics product across both educational and professional research institutes. I have no information for comparing it to it's competitors
Thanks that still gives me some additional faith in the stock in a complicated space beyond my capabilities to understand. And congrats on your BioEng PHd daughter!

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thanks that still gives me some additional faith in the stock in a complicated space beyond my capabilities to understand. And congrats on your BioEng PHd daughter!

It's year 1 in the program.......genetics is her general subject that she will be working towards a thesis.

I see the sector as only having scratched the surface to date.......figured I heard the name enough times to watch it for awhile, then invest.......I got lucky with the timing

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
not sure if this is overthinking things, but I do track how many days my portfolio as a whole (including cash) outperforms the indices as opposed to underperforms.

I outperform the indices on more days than I underperform, but what I find interesting is that I'm better at outperforming on index down days than up days in terms of number of days, but the up days I outperform I do so by much larger amount.....in other words, the biggest deltas occur on up days that I outperform the indices

what does it all mean?

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
not sure if this is overthinking things, but I do track how many days my portfolio as a whole (including cash) outperforms the indices as opposed to underperforms.

I outperform the indices on more days than I underperform, but what I find interesting is that I'm better at outperforming on index down days than up days in terms of number of days, but the up days I outperform I do so by much larger amount.....in other words, the biggest deltas occur on up days that I outperform the indices

what does it all mean?
Probably more of a question for a Finance major that a Business major, but do you hold a lot of 3:1 ETFs?